Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• it amazes me how uneducated the majority of politicians seem to be when it comes to the subject of firearms. No clue what truly constitutes an assault weapon that would actually be used by the military or police and now clearly no idea what constitutes a high power round.

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• it amazes me how uneducated the majority of politicians seem to be when it comes to the subject of firearms. No clue what truly constitutes an assault weapon that would actually be used by the military or police and now clearly no idea what constitutes a high power round.

Sadly, not only politicians, but people in general.

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• https://www.foxnews.com/world/…ership-mandatory-buybacks

https://www.foxnews.com/politi…exas-uvalde-mass-shooting

Read the news fellas - they are wanting to come after us — curious - is a .45 less deadly than a 9mm ??

Silly Bill!

Don’t you know the best way to fight crime is for us to lose all our rights?

Criminals don’t need rights, they just take them as needed. Did I say criminals? I meant politicians but the two are interchangeable.

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Sadly, not only politicians, but people in general.

I agree that its also many people in general, but it bothers me more when its the people who want to make the laws who are ignorant - having the power to potentially ban something when you don't even know what that something really is frightens me - - - imagine making new laws against sexual abuse and then defining sexual abuse to include how someone looks at another person - - - to me its not much different than saying you want to ban assault weapons and then saying an assault weapon should be determined by how it looks - - - - this shit just isn't logical

I am not in favor of any weapon bans, I truly believe the second amendment is intended to allow the people to have the exact same weapons the government has because the second amendment was put in place to guarantee the people can protect themselves from a corrupt government if its ever needed.

Now having said this I think the people who do want to limit what weapons people should have would have a much better argument if they were clearly going after specific military weapons that had specific military grade capabilities and not this BS where they say if it looks like a military weapon that makes it bad

seriously saying 9mm handguns are some kind of super powerful weapons that people dont need for self defense just makes them look incredibly stupid many people who are very educated about the stopping power of various rounds people might consider for home defiance would tell you the exact opposite and that the 9mm round is borderline at best

Anyway - - I am not for any bans and never will be, just saying that when lawmakers argue for things they think should be changed it sure does not help their case when the things they say make them look dummer than a box of rocks

JMO

• now to more important things

• would seem to me that of the 22 people killed in the Texas school shooting the vast majority were killed by incompetent people and not guns.

from CNN

Among the details we know now are: that a school officer drove right past the shooter -- 18-year-old Salvador Ramos -- while Ramos fired at the school; that as many as 19 officers were inside the school more than 45 minutes before the suspect was killed; that the school district police chief decided not to breach the classroom where the shooter was; and that a young girl from the class called 911 several times asking for police while authorities were right outside.

I say we should ban incompetent "leaders" and politicians - - - - - - oh wait, if we did that we wouldn't have any "leaders" or politicians

• if gun laws doesn’t work, would someone explain when assault weapons were banned during the Clinton administration the gun deaths dropped rather significantly? And the once the ban expired, gun deaths rose just as significantly?

• if gun laws doesn’t work, would someone explain when assault weapons were banned during the Clinton administration the gun deaths dropped rather significantly? And the once the ban expired, gun deaths rose just as significantly?

Slingblade can you tell me what an assault weapon is? - - and please be specific.

and also please tell me why you think the federal government should have the right to tell States what their laws should be? do you not believe that the States are sovereign with the right to self govern?

• Slingblade I notice you didn't respond to this -

The third and final US Justice Department study on the effect of the 1994 "Assault Weapon Ban" actually stated:

"Although the ban has been successful in reducing crimes with AWs [Assault Weapons], any benefits from this reduction are likely to have been outweighed by steady or rising use of non-banned semiautomatics with LCMs [large-capacity magazines], which are used in crime much more frequently than AWs. Therefore, we cannot clearly credit the ban with any of the nation’s recent drop in gun violence. And, indeed, there has been no discernible reduction in the lethality and injuriousness of gun violence, based on indicators like the percentage of gun crimes resulting in death or the share of gunfire incidents resulting in injury, as we might have expected had the ban reduced crimes with both AWs and LCMs.

In general we found, really, very, very little evidence, almost none, that gun violence was becoming any less lethal or any less injurious during this time frame. So on balance, we concluded that the ban had not had a discernible impact on gun crime during the years it was in effect."

-Christopher S. Koper, “An Updated Assessment of the Federal Assault Weapons Ban: Impacts on Gun Markets and Gun Violence, 1994-2003.”

And that sir is why it ended ..........

....... nerd-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• Slingblade can you tell me what an assault weapon is? - - and please be specific.

and also please tell me why you think the federal government should have the right to tell States what their laws should be? do you not believe that the States are sovereign with the right to self govern?

I can tell you this, under the assault weapon ban, the ar-15 was not sold. So, under the federal definition, the ar-15 is an assault weapon.

• factors that blunted the benefits that could have been otherwise seen are the loopholes that were built into the ban along with the grandfathering of large magazines.