Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• I always wondered when the third rail would come up on this forum vis-à-vis religion. It is a wonderful topic if it can be explored civilly.
    For me, as a Christian, when I hear there is no God it is like hearing Pinocchio saying there is no Geppetto.

And the conversation continues. The gift of free will is beautiful, but not without consequences, as in everything with life.

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• The news coverage is short on facts but rich in political ideology.

I haven't heard a reporter ask a couple of questions about the shooting.

Who propped open the door allowing the shooter access to the school?

The shooter used the lock on the classroom door to keep the police out. Why wasn't it used to keep the shooter out?

Although this information would help us understand the tragedy it doesn't advance any political goal so not important.

Wonder if Joe will mention this in his rant today ..........

https://www.foxnews.com/us/wes…ots-kills-man-fired-party

I can't seem to find it on any large MSM news feeds and the smaller feeds I do find it on omit several key factors, like a photo of the shooter who was killed and the fact he had a long criminal record and was in illegal possession of the firearm.

........ ninja-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• The other problem is that the press wants to make this about gun control. Their immediate solution is ban "assault rifles". I am always at a loss as to how that would change things. Yes, this particular killer at this particular time may have been affected. Or not. Nobody seems to consider that this kid was willing and able to murder small children. Assuming an AR15 was not available, does any sane person believe that he would have been incapable of murdering a large number of small children without a gun?

Magically removing all guns from the world would still leave these evil people behind and they would always be able to cause misery. Not taking a real hard look at social, societal and mental issues is criminal. All the politicians are running around spouting off their simplistic solutions to what is a complex and serious problem.

• People were killing people long before the first gun was invented.

When knives and vehicles are used in carnage I don’t see too many people going to the kitchen or garage and cleaning house.

Guns and Freedom and those willing to defend it are a major obstacle to tyranny and those who would like to employ it.

Thus their distain for the guns existence…. unless of course if it protects them.

Guns for me but not for thee..

• I always wondered when the third rail would come up on this forum vis-à-vis religion. It is a wonderful topic if it can be explored civilly.
    For me, as a Christian, when I hear there is no God it is like hearing Pinocchio saying there is no Geppetto.

And the conversation continues. The gift of free will is beautiful, but not without consequences, as in everything with life.

I never said there is no god, I said I am not a believer in god. If you believe in god then for you there is a god. And I don’t dispute your beliefs. Just that my beliefs are different.
    In my eyes its not a big deal.
    Everyone has different thoughts, likes, dislikes, and beliefs.

• Thats your interpretation based on your faith. Which is great for you, but not for me. Quoting Scripture means nothing to me as my beliefs are different. I am not trying to change anyones thoughts, if you believe thats excellent, I am different and don’t. I would wholeheartedly disagree that there is no love without a god. I am proof that there is, and have many friends that are proof also. I have and love a great family, friends and life. I enjoy life to the fullest. If that is not love, I don’t know what is.

Anyways. Everyone enjoy your time at the Smokies.

• Concerning the school shootings and the ever present drumbeat of outlawing semi automatic weapons there is this, a moment of clarity from the BBC. How on earth did he procure this weapon? It’s illegal! How could this happen?? How come the law did not stop him?

One other thing to ponder; why is it the citizens of America are always the target of fewer rights when it comes to guns?

Never once have I heard of the government needing restrictions of any kind. It’s just us, the great unwashed that need to be regulated. Not those in power. Curious… oh wait, that’s right! They’re the smart ones..

• If you shop like most women your car will be charded and there will be a line of cars waiting for you to get back and move your so they can charge. I can see some problems happening.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• okay - So I have a question. I have seen this type of charging station in parking lots of a couple of our local stores such as Walgreens and a few others and these are clearly not Tesla super chargers ( we have one of those behind a local mall) so anyway, my question would be twofold - - who actually owns these charging stations? and who gets to set the price per kWh that they charge? - - does the store own them? and can they jack the price up to whatever they like?

or is this something that is regulated?

On the pricing, that’s pretty much the same questions for gas stations.

• The other problem is that the press wants to make this about gun control. Their immediate solution is ban "assault rifles". I am always at a loss as to how that would change things. Yes, this particular killer at this particular time may have been affected. Or not. Nobody seems to consider that this kid was willing and able to murder small children. Assuming an AR15 was not available, does any sane person believe that he would have been incapable of murdering a large number of small children without a gun?

Magically removing all guns from the world would still leave these evil people behind and they would always be able to cause misery. Not taking a real hard look at social, societal and mental issues is criminal. All the politicians are running around spouting off their simplistic solutions to what is a complex and serious problem.

would he have been able to kill 19 though? Would there have been 30+ killed at a concert in Vegas? Would there have been over 200 mass murder events in the US in the first 5 months of this year?

• would he have been able to kill 19 though?

And the wheels on the bus go round and round….

Why is it that we accept this carnage as a given and look for solutions by limiting our rights? If all the guns disappeared overnight there would still be fertilizer and diesel. Can anyone say Oklahoma? The problem is not the tool of distraction the problem is the one that tries to employ it.

Perhaps an open and honest discussion on where society has devolved in the last couple of generations would be a better place to start.