Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• Since you’re under the impression that Homer Simpson is a real person and not a cartoon character, I now understand why you also swallow the Democratic party line & the drivel oozing out of the mainstream media.

Deciding to not watch a sport is boycotting, plain & simple. Learn the difference.

162FC2AF-0F3E-4147-A9E3-68E8C1E39991.gif

Still love ya’ Bro...

I did the joke emoji, because I know Homer is a cartoon character.

I never said it wasn't boycotting. I said that refusing to be a customer anymore and trying to convince others to do the same, while bashing their reputation is the definition of "cancel culture". Which it is, as you clearly posted and I posted a few weeks ago.

The biggest "attack" on a business isn't burning a building. Insurance covers that. Convincing all it's patrons to stop using the business, will bankrupt it and kill the business. There is no bigger "attack".

Wall out!!!

• Technically, our entire disagreement is ludicrous. “Boycott” is an actual word! It can be looked up in these amazing books called “dictionaries.”

#cancel culture is not a word & therefore, technically, does not even have a definition. It’s a fairly recent invention; a term. You can go to 10 websites & get 10 different spins on what they think it means.

If you’re saying the word & the term are synonymous, then toss out the fabricated term - a validated word already exists!

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Technically, our entire disagreement is ludicrous. “Boycott” is an actual word! It can be looked up in these amazing books called “dictionaries.”

#cancel culture is not a word & therefore, technically, does not even have a definition. It’s a fairly recent invention; a term. You can go to 10 websites & get 10 different spins on what they think it means.

If you’re saying the word & the term are synonymous, then toss out the fabricated term - a validated word already exists!

to me when you talk about "cancel culture" I think of a group effort to shut someone else down and to cause them harm, When I think of "boycott" I think of an individual decision not to partake in something

now I also think that these two things can cross over each other - - when people call for others to boycott something as a mass group that is cancel culture using boycott as a weapon

I personally do not partake in professional sports (you could easily say that I boycott them) but I do not care if other partake or not and I have never called for anyone else to stop enjoying sports - - - as such I think it would be a huge stretch to try to say that what I am doing is a part of any cancel culture - - I just dont care for professional sports

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I also really hate it when the cancel culture is used to shut down free speech that someone does not like - - especially when it is used to get someone fired for something they said when they were not even at work - - - or sometimes even years earlier.

this is not freedom of speech - - people in my country are not supposed to be able to shut down the speech of others just because they dont like what they are hearing - - and lately this seem to be becoming acceptable and that should scare everyone

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Los Angeles spending over $500,000.00 per unit to build housing for the homeless

This is what liberal politicians want to do with other peoples money - - build housing for people who will not work that cost more than the homes most people in the country can afford for themselves

if you want the entire country to look like California vote for Joe Biden

so what message does that send to all the taxpayers that don’t have houses worth half that?
    Democrats the party of take take take...

I agree. If you notice, I always put "cancel culture" in quotes.;)

• one should be able to relate your story/reason for your dissatisfaction with whom or whatever and let others decide whether they feel the same action is something they will do..

Asking people to sign petitions to have someone fired...is still 1st amendment isn’t it....Or boycotting advertisers...while I agreee it can suck if you’re on the receiving end of it...

The question is how much “power” does the 1st amendment give to individuals?

• #cancelculture

Not the same reasoning. Cancel culture wants to eliminate and restructure history & everything they don't agree with. As for myself I like the sport as it is intended to be played. I don't want the politics, just the sport as I pay to watch either indirectly through a TV Bill or paying directly through attendance.

Give me the sport, just the sport, and I'll watch. No issues. Totally different.

• Not the same reasoning. Cancel culture wants to eliminate and restructure history & everything they don't agree with. As for myself I like the sport as it is intended to be played. I don't want the politics, just the sport as I pay to watch either indirectly through a TV Bill or paying directly through attendance.

Give me the sport, just the sport, and I'll watch. No issues. Totally different.

Never did stick and ball sports or watched. If it had an engine I watched it, I still watch racing but I no longer watch NOOSECAR and it looks like I am not by myself.

Totally agree! Honestly, Does anyone think the "cancel culture" or Antifa review definitions, protocol, rules, or club by-laws before (destruction) events? I really don't see that happening.