Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• True, He donated $400k salary to Vets and $400k salary to National Parks.

He also, in those same years respectively cut those programs budgets by $10+million. Are they better off? Trump did get a good tax write off and PR out of it.

well it is hard to say - Government wastes huge amounts of money - heck almost every single government job is duplicated at least once by some other person in some other department and most government jobs are duplicated several times - - you could probably fire at least 50% of all government workers and still get all of the work done if Government were even 1/2 as efficient as the public sector

cutting money to government programs does not necessarily mean that the work doesnt get done just as well as before - it just means that some government employees actually have to work for their money

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• considering we spent around 8 trillion in the Afghanistan war....then add in all the gulf wars and others....the money lost to bad trade deals, the money given to Iran, money stolen by crooked politicians....the 2.6 trillion stolen from social security, money hidden in secret black Projects....tax money hidden off shore by big corporations...money given to shit hole countries...Trying to buy their loyalty...money given to the United Nations and the WHO, NATO, WTO...Pandemic bailouts...auto industry bailouts, steel industry bailouts ..Trump is trying to bring back billions/trillions with tariffs, renegotiating trade deals, tax incentives to bring back off shore money...forcing NATO countries to pay their fair share...his America first agenda...stop trying to help counties that won’t help themselves....bringing home troops...the national debt could start to come down..

Saw an extremely Caucasian (lilly white legs, not even a tan) guy on the side of the road this morning ... all by himself... wearing a yard sign on his chest (Biden/Harris 2020) and a yard sign somehow attached to his shoulders/hat (Black votes matter) ..... at first blush I wondered if he lost a bet or something.

This is the very first person I have seen on the side of the road hawking for Uncle Joe. Also saw my first and so far only "JOE" sticker on a car today. It was about 4" round and kind of a poor cryptic design but I digress. My question to this feller is do only Blacks who vote matter, or do only Black dem voters matter, and what about Blacks that don't vote or vote other than for a dem, do they expressly not matter?

Kind of a curious message ...... shy-squared

EDIT: I spoke with my lawyer today for the first time since the Republican convention. He told me he watched much more than he planned or expected to.

His words: "The Dem convention message I saw was vote for us because we know and are better than you, but the Republican convention message was vote for us because we are with you." He was really surprised and said many parts of the Republican convention where "inspiring" and "proud" where he felt none of that from the dems. Pretty much confirmed he will be abstaining from a Presidential vote this cycle.

....winning.JPG

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• well it is hard to say - Government wastes huge amounts of money - heck almost every single government job is duplicated at least once by some other person in some other department and most government jobs are duplicated several times - - you could probably fire at least 50% of all government workers and still get all of the work done if Government were even 1/2 as efficient as the public sector

cutting money to government programs does not necessarily mean that the work doesnt get done just as well as before - it just means that some government employees actually have to work for their money

I see your point. I will take $2 million from you, then when I donate $100k to you, you will praise me as a great giver and defend my deed.

What's your address, I'll be over in about 12 hours.:)

• I see your point. I will take $2 million from you, then when I donate $100k to you, you will praise me as a great giver and defend my deed.

What's your address, I'll be over in about 12 hours.:)

Taking money from a wasteful bureaucracy and reducing/eliminating waste is not the same taking money from the end use where it is intended to go. In fact if waste is reduced it is very possible to increase the money that actually gets to where it is needed and to reduce overall money spent at the same time

unfortunately Government seems to think the fix for everything is to throw more money at it - - - - and apparently you agree

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Taking money from a wasteful bureaucracy and reducing/eliminating waste is not the same taking money from the end use where it is intended to go. In fact if waste is reduced it is very possible to increase the money that actually gets to where it is needed and to reduce overall money spent at the same time

unfortunately Government seems to think the fix for everything is to throw more money at it - - - - and apparently you agree

The point has gone over your head. I don't know how as I gave you two examples. You are stuck on your own argument, without addressing mine.

I will address yours. As I stated multiple times, which you never in the history of this thread seemed to catch and most likely will forget quickly once I mention it again.

I agree with your current argument. Heck, I once sited ending government waste as one thing I would do as President. Look it up. At the time, and several other times, I sited the government budget model as extremely wasteful. If your budget is $20 million for fiscal year 2020 and you only use $15 million, your budget for fiscal year 2021 will be $15 million. It is extremely difficult to get your budget increased after it has gone down. This model incentivizes waste, because nobody wants their budget shrunk, " in case shit". I seen this in the Army and see it now at the local level. IT IS WRONG!

My plan would be. "If you need it, get it. If you don't need it, don't buy it. We have your back. Please be responsible".

PLEASE REMEMBER THIS IN THE FUTURE, BEFORE ONCE AGAIN "THINKING" YOU KNOW MY MIND.:*

• Absoulty agree. The "Use it or loose it" rule only incentivizes waste. Some good news. Hopefully new internal independent audits now taking place will put an end to that practice. These independent audits were ongoing at the time of my retirement by Ernst and Young and will be taking place every few years. I believe the frequency will depend on the scores achieved by each agency. The audits were both financial and management in scope.

Added note my retirement was planned before these audits were set in place :). Just wanted to put that out there. :)

https://www.businessstudynotes…e%20best%20possible%20way.

• As if we needed more proof... even on the ultimate Liberal show.... https://twitter.com/i/status/1305630349502939138

What the....! That's bad, really bad. I hope that's not real. I've been forced to watch parts of the view while in places like a dentist office or car dealership. I often walked out and waited in another area. I know Joy Behar would do what ever she could in any way to carry him through.

Imagine him with Kim Jong-un or Putin. Sad part is both of those leaders would most likely dispose of their interpreter thinking they are incompetent. The look on Kim Jong-un or Putin's face would be priceless! =O

• I hope you’re right. BUT, I can hear the Democratic mud machine getting a tuneup as we speak. They will be slinging mud at maximum quantities & velocities at whomever Trump proposes...

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• What the....! That's bad, really bad. I hope that's not real. I've been forced to watch parts of the view while in places like a dentist office or car dealership. I often walked out and waited in another area. I know Joy Behar would do what ever she could in any way to carry him through.

Imagine him with Kim Jong-un or Putin. Sad part is both of those leaders would most likely dispose of their interpreter thinking they are incompetent. The look on Kim Jong-un or Putin's face would be priceless! =O

As if we needed more proof... even on the ultimate Liberal show.... https://twitter.com/i/status/1305630349502939138

I looked it up and it was spliced. I had to suffer through the view and the lovefest! It was horrible!

• I hope you’re right. BUT, I can hear the Democratic mud machine getting a tuneup as we speak. They will be slinging mud at maximum quantities & velocities at whomever Trump proposes...

The dems can thank this man ......

Thanks to Harry all we need is 50 and the VP ..............

They did it to themselves..... what do you think Chuck would do if the roles where reversed.

He would already be working on a confirmation hearing schedule.

... winning.JPG

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......