Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• The Democrats are obsessed with getting Trump out of office. You would think they would endorse a traditional Dem rather than these insane loons that are in the field now. Trump is going to be hard enough to beat as it is but do they really think Bernie or Warren has a chance??? I don’t think Hillary will run but I still believe Bloomberg may enter the race. At least it would make 2020 more interesting. BILLIONAIRE vs BILLIONAIRE

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• But the sad thing is that Pocahontas was cornered and had to admit that if her Medicare for all gets passed, it would result in excess of 2 MILLION people being laid off. She says she's working on a plan to resolve that issue. Oh boy, more free handouts coming in 2021

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• I believe it would be next to impossible to enter the race now and get registered in all the states before the deadline. No "reasonable" democrat will try. Why? Because how will you tell your cocktail party buddies that you lost to Trump? They all know it is hopeless so let the B teem go in and take the heat. JMO

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• But the sad thing is that Pocahontas was cornered and had to admit that if her Medicare for all gets passed, it would result in excess of 2 MILLION people being laid off. She says she's working on a plan to resolve that issue. Oh boy, more free handouts coming in 2021

Warren’s $52T 'Medicare-for-all' plan revealed: Campaign still claims no middle-class tax hikes needed

Middle class is now defined as 10K or less under her plan I bet.....

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Warren’s $52T 'Medicare-for-all' plan revealed: Campaign still claims no middle-class tax hikes needed

Middle class is now defined as 10K or less under her plan I bet.....

actually I suspect they will redefine the "rich" as being anyone who makes over 50k or couples making over 80k

and then they will tax the hell out of the "rich"

seriously I dont think they want there to be any "middle class" - just the rich to pay for everything and everyone else who lives off the handouts

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• For clarity, who is "they" in this sentence?

Both parties, Liberals or Republicans?

the far left - - - Both sides I think want some degree of dependence on government which has become an elite class that believes itself to be above the rest of us, but I think the those on the far extreme left would like total dependence

having said this you make a good point - all of our government would love it if the people worked for them instead of them working for us

• the far left - - - Both sides I think want some degree of dependence on government which has become an elite class that believes itself to be above the rest of us, but I think the those on the far extreme left would like total dependence

having said this you make a good point - all of our government would love it if the people worked for them instead of them working for us

Crap, I work for the government. They got me.:huh:

Unions created the strongest middle class ever and are under attack by the far left or right, I forget.;)

• Crap, I work for the government. They got me.:huh:

Unions created the strongest middle class ever and are under attack by the far left or right, I forget.;)

Unions were a very much needed thing but now they have become as greedy as the employers - - to me something is not working the way it should when the average teacher makes 44k and the head of the union she is forced to join makes over 500k - - back in the day Union leaders worked alongside the union members they were all in the same boat - these days Union leaders are just another boss taking advantage of the workers

• In the end, despite his big mouth and huge ego the thing that is going to keep him in office is this Stocks surge to record highs after strong jobs report

when someone is doing the right things to keep jobs and the market flowing in the right direction it becomes very easy to overlook the fact that he is a bit of an ass

Add to that the fact that most of the people running against him are proposing job killing taxes and free handouts and its no wonder they think their only chance is impeachment

• Unions were a very much needed thing but now they have become as greedy as the employers - - to me something is not working the way it should when the average teacher makes 44k and the head of the union she is forced to join makes over 500k - - back in the day Union leaders worked alongside the union members they were all in the same boat - these days Union leaders are just another boss taking advantage of the workers

I can't argue that greed has permeated Unions and their leadership. I can very much argue against getting rid of unions. Without unions workers would once again be scraping by in a matter of years. I know some like to argue that there are plenty of places without unions that pay well and provide benefits. That is because of unions, not despite them. If there were no unions there would be no benchmark to draw in good employees. There would just be jobs that all pay crap.

• I can't argue that greed has permeated Unions and their leadership. I can very much argue against getting rid of unions. Without unions workers would once again be scraping by in a matter of years. I know some like to argue that there are plenty of places without unions that pay well and provide benefits. That is because of unions, not despite them. If there were no unions there would be no benchmark to draw in good employees. There would just be jobs that all pay crap.

we dont need to get rid of unions - we need to make unions once again run by the actual workers - - back when the unions did such great things all of the members and leaders worked together in the factories and on the line - - slowly but surely over the years the leaders moved up and out of the actual workforce and in many cases became corrupted by criminal elements - - - the unions of the day were very much needed and were great

unfortunately todays unions are nothing like what they were, todays unions are businesses whos primary concern is the business and not the worker

Todays unions should all be torn down and dissembled and then if the workers want to start a union made up solely of the workers themselves like it was in the beginning then and only then will unions be about the workers like they once were

Todays Unions have nothing in common with the unions of old other than the name - - they are no more pro worked than the corporations they say they protect the workers from

• I can't argue that greed has permeated Unions and their leadership. I can very much argue against getting rid of unions. Without unions workers would once again be scraping by in a matter of years. I know some like to argue that there are plenty of places without unions that pay well and provide benefits. That is because of unions, not despite them. If there were no unions there would be no benchmark to draw in good employees. There would just be jobs that all pay crap.

I was a union official for many years and helped out on four different contracts. I do not like getting into these talks with non union people because they do not really understand why a union exist. So normally my only point of argument for them is a union could not exist it the company's would treat the employees fairly and pay them a fair wage (Normally some percentage of net or gross profits to be determined) There are bad people on both sides. As a union official working on contracts a company will say we have no money and we need some back, if this applied to ALL employees there would never a word be said. But this is not the way it is. I have seen the company's give supervision a pay raise after using this argument and that is where the trouble begins and the hourly employees will not trust the company after that.

• Unions were a very much needed thing but now they have become as greedy as the employers - - to me something is not working the way it should when the average teacher makes 44k and the head of the union she is forced to join makes over 500k - - back in the day Union leaders worked alongside the union members they were all in the same boat - these days Union leaders are just another boss taking advantage of the workers

Must of been before my time.

• In other news today they found the people who rule the Houston independent school district totally incompetent and are replacing all of them. If only we were smart enough to do that with all those in DC too. The whole place (DC) is just as big of a joke.

• The key to union vs management is balance - workers need to be taken care of but management has to please stockholders. When that balance is disrupted by greed on either side - it is counterproductive to both sides !!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• The key to union vs management is balance - workers need to be taken care of but management has to please stockholders. When that balance is disrupted by greed on either side - it is counterproductive to both sides !!

I know at least 2 union members who committed suicide to keep their family's safe. Lot of thievery goes on in them places.