Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• How long will the left remain silent?

I am sorry but as much as I dislike the Governor and see this as hypocritical given the way he ran his campaign and unfounded accusations of "racism" he made against his opponent I am wholly against destroying someone for something they did 35 years ago as a student as long as it is not a crime. I am certainly a different person than I was in 1984 and can honestly say my entire value system and view on the world has changed considerably with 35 years of life experience, I regret and in no way I would do some things I did then, now. Unless something can be found that shows this as a life long pattern extending to fairly recent his apology should suffice. I can tell you prominent Republicans had this photo late last summer but chose not to run with it because nothing else surfaced to prove a pattern of behavior. Even though it could have helped in the election. Releasing it now is in my opinion retaliation for the comments he made last week and in response to his stance on late term abortion and kind of a bitch move. The Dems are running with the fake outrage just because they want the Lieutenant Governor in office rather than him.

........ giphy.gif

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• Red you ask how long the left will remain silent? My answer to you is forever. There is no tolerance on the far left as far as I’m concerned. The far left feel as though they are the paragon of virtue and truth. How wonderful it must be to be the arbiter of all things good.

How long will the left remain silent?

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Orangeman I think your reply was well thought out and well reasoned however as I’ve said prior politics is a bloodsport. And you did mention a pattern. For me personally, never in my wildest imagination could I envision myself at any age donning blackface or a white hood or have a stance like his on abortion. To me, that is a pattern of bigotry and intolerance. I am older than the governor, born in the 50s at a time when our country went through some horrific times. To be in a picture like this in 1984 makes you either stupid or intolerant and I would argue those two go together .

Edited once, last by SoCal ().

• To be in a picture like this in 1984 makes you either stupid or intolerant and I would argue those to go together .

I would agree with you ... and would also pose that I was also both in 1984 .. before traveling the world with a US Flag on my shoulder ... I am neither now... I wouldn't even recognize the person I was then .....

My reply was not based in politics but rather my view of what is "right" ... most of today's politics are far from "right" and as mentioned my stance is both sides are attempting to subvert a legal election and use this to remove someone they don't like ...... from what I know about the Governor we could not be on different moral and political ground however in 35 years I have also learned the capacity to want people treated fairly even if I disagree with or dislike them. I wanted Kavanaugh treated this way and would be a hypocrite myself if I took any other stance now.

.... white-waker-fire.gif

• I agree and yet another good point however his stance then racially and his stance now on life makes me just shake my head and wonder. As I think you are saying we all grow and hopefully become better with age. I am all about forgiveness, we all need it, however the man of today and his stance on life are horrific to me.

• I agree ....... his stance now on life makes me just shake my head and wonder......... however the man of today and his stance on life are horrific to me.

On that point we are in full agreement and I appreciate your informed and respectful posts. To judge him on his current views and comments is IMO "right" which should, and hopefully will be done. My post was solely in reply to the yearbook photo.

On that point we are in full agreement and I appreciate your informed and respectful posts. To judge him on his current views and comments is IMO "right" which should, and hopefully will be done. My post was solely in reply to the yearbook photo.

You and I are on the same page my friend 🙂

• I am a child of the 50’s also and I also do not believe this guy should be crucified for something stupid done in college. My dad always said it’s not where you start out but end up is what counts. As much as I despise what he said about abortion he should not be forced to resign - let the voters decide his fate. I’m on Kavanaugh’s side - if law school doesn’t drive you to drink I don’t know what will. I acquired a taste for fine Kentucky bourbon which has served me well until today, however, if cell phone cameras existed back then I’m pretty sure I woulda been disbarred based on today’s PC etiquette. Being a drunk, stupid kid is not a crime — I learned my lesson — now I’m old wise drunk :00008172::00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I can’t believe he couldn’t come up with a better explanation than he gave - a Dr should have been smart enough to have a lawyer spin his explanation better than that - he is toast IMO :00008359:

• Being that I am not as bright as I used to be (or so I thought) can anybody tell me what the difference between a wall and a “enhanced barrier”. I am truly perplexed 🤔