Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• That was such horrible logic. Both sides seem to have trouble reading the bills they champion and subsequently vote for. You can find countless videos of politicians in the left and right being asked by reporters, "you support ____?". The politicians, "That's in there? I support the bill, I didn't know that was in there and don't like that, but the bill is a win for the American people". ?(

• Under Obama we went stagnant. The unemployment numbers don’t show the numbers that quit looking. Isis n Korea, Saudi all grew out of control threatening us now. He will go down worse than Carter if they publish the truth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Trump is setting a horrible precedent. He has out "Dictator and Chief"ed Obama. Mostly using executive orders to erase Obama's legislative moves. We will be a stagnant nation forever if every President is more focused on erasing his/her predecessors actions rather than implementing more country improving legislation. 109 Obama regulations reversed/removed to date. Trump sadly has been caught at least 3 times(that I know of) publicly being completely ignorant to the effects of the reversals or even knowing anything about the legislation except Obama signed it. One time he even showed signs of remorse for the effects of his reversal. That is utter stupidity, childishness and a poor precedent to set.

• Under Obama we went stagnant. The unemployment numbers don’t show the numbers that quit looking. Isis n Korea, Saudi all grew out of control threatening us now. He will go down worse than Carter if they publish the truth.

If you are going to quote Hannity, you should really give him his credit. ;)

• It’s my words and it’s all true.

Then you need to sue Hannity, the pundit, for stealing your "truth" and using it as his own thoughts. Get paid Greg!! :thumbup:

For all:

Pundits are a plague, nobody can sue them for lying or libel, because they are "opinion shows". Most of their opinions are flat out lies and at best half truths. They are funny to watch/listen to if you know the facts and don't actually believe their B.S. ^^ Sadly a lot of people think Pundits are telling them the straight facts. "No spin zone", "Keep an eye on this space"....

P.S. News is that half hour or one hour segment interrupting your Pundits shows. A good gauge is, if the person telling the stories seems overly excited and personally offended, they are a Pundit(FAKE NEWS). If they are mundainly talking you through the story, it's most likely a reporter(REAL NEWS).

P.S.S. If there is a panel of 3-10 revisiting talking heads, that is an OPINION show, FAKE NEWS.

• IMO there is no such thing as a no spin zone. If you watch right leaning programs they are going to put a conservative spin on it - same if you watch left leaners news. I cannot be disputed of the liberal relentless assault on Trump as even stated by Jimmy Carter. We conservatives had to sit thru 8 years of Obama with his “phone and pen” and now Trump is reversing Obama’s policies is “out dictating Obama and stagnating our nation forever” @WOLF ??? The economy has taken off like a rocket since the day Trump was elected and continues to surge. I had my investments geared for an Obama economy and dividends were at best fair. I restructured after Trump was elected and I am on track to have the best year ever by a shit ton!!! If the economy is booming - EVERYBODY wins with more work, higher wages resulting in more disposable income fueling the economy even more. Not respected by the world?? No Trump hasn’t gone on an apology tour for all the bad things America has done, however, he has put the world on notice that we will no longer be taken advantage of - if that pisses off other world leaders I say so be it. The world has become an increasingly dangerous landscape. Ruthless leaders in N Korea, Middle East, Africa, Russia all of which respect power - not diplomacy. If there is gonna be a dog fight - I want the biggest, baddest, meanest dog leading our pack. There is a reason Trump won - the American people were sick of the direction the country was headed AND our government “swamp”. I would certainly concede that Trump is not a polished politician like Obama was - but it is debatable if that is a good or bad thing. One last thing - please jog my memory and remind me of the last time Democrats were pushing for a tax cut...for anything or anybody???

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• This tax bill is great for Amazon, Apple, Caterpillar and Saks... it may not help enough for the small business owners of America, we will see....
    Whatever happen to True Tax Reform that he and others spoke of and talked about. I can't wait to read these 513 pages... after HOUSE AND SENATE Collaborate.

It is undeniable our government elected assholes are despicable and we really can't do shit about it with the systems and laws they make and have in place! Everyone is screwed and that seems to be the bottom line. Probably won't change until the second coming of Jesus.

• It is undeniable our government elected assholes are despicable and we really can't do shit about it with the systems and laws they make and have in place! Everyone is screwed and that seems to be the bottom line. Probably won't change until the second coming of Jesus.

:00008172:

• @Bill Martin, why are you twisting my words? I said that if every President did what Trump is doing, nothing would be accomplished, because if every President undo's everything his predecessor did, where's the progress? Stagnation! "Out dictatoring"? You and others referred to Obama as "Dictator and Chief" because of his executive order use. Trump has tallied more in the same time frame.

Every time Trump tweets and half the time he opens his mouth he gives the Dems(and some Republicans)no choice but to bash him. He is by all accounts a national embarrassment. Sorry.

"No spin zone" was Bill O'Reilly's tag line. Since you missed that one, the other Pundit's tag line, "watch this space" is Rachel Maddows.

This isn't the iron age, the copper age, or the dawn of man. Diplomacy is a way of life and a way to let our allies know we're not lunatics. Pulling out of deals, threatening to wipe countries off the map and making back alley deals with those that wish to hurt America, paints a horrible picture of our Country.

Glad your happy and making mad money Bill.

Trump won because of the electoral college and naive snake oil purchasers.

Your Democrat tax cuts came in 2009, 2010 and 2011 under Obama. You may remember receiving a check one of those times. ;)

When I received my $800 dollar check, I was happy. Though much like now, also confused and a little mad. If we have a deficit, how can we afford tax breaks for everybody or anybody for that matter?

Edited 6 times, last by WOLF ().

• “ why are you twisting my words?” - ER HUH - did you forget what I used to do for a living ? :00008172: I get your point but there is a reason we have 3 branches of government that authors and ultimately pass laws that govern this country. Since the House and Senate were broken and still are IMO - Obama took it upon himself to go way beyond his authority signing hundreds of executive orders without a mandate from the legislative branches or the American people. Now you are arguing Trump is worse because he is undoing the total mess Obama made. Obama will go down in the history books as the first black president..and that’s it because his policies were failures. I’m sure Jimmy Carter is happy - he actually lived long enough to see a worse president than himself. That diplomacy your talkin about has really worked well for us with North Korea for the last 25 years - they are now not far from being able to drop an nuclear bomb in your front yard. Kim Jong Un is a lunatic and the only thing keeping him from an attack is he knows Trump will annihilate him and his entire country. Very sad cause 100’s of thousands will die in probably the shortest war in history. Everybody chanted “Hope and Change” when Obama was elected - for many of us “Hope and Change” began when Trump was elected.

PS I’m still waitin on that $800 your talkin about - my check musta got lost in the mail :00008356: I have never figured out a way to get a dime out of the government BUT there is hope - I turn 62 in Sept and will get my first SS check - not sure I’m gonna cash it - think I’ll frame it, hang it on the wall, get a glass of fine Kentucky bourbon, light a good Cohiba and see how much I’m still in the hole on Obamacare ;( (Still love ya @WOLF)

• @Bill Martin many in this thread berated Obama for the amount of executive orders he used(still fewer than most), calling him dictator and chief. If he was a dictator for his amount, Trump having done it more would logically be more of a dictator. Every President reverses some of their predecessors actions. Trump is on a "if Obama signed it, I'm gonna erase it" power trip. He went as far as to tell the Alaskan Goveror, "I can change the name of that mountain back if you want". He tried to pollute Michigan waters by attempting to reverse a water protection bill Obama signed. Trump is a child.

• Damn it Bill I'm telling you to collect that MF'er! I want people that paid into it to get it while they can. Especially people that I know.
    I don't remember getting a check in the last decade. I think @WOLF got that when GWB was commander in chief. That was about all anyone got out of him except a definition of a big pussy, all kinds of debt plenty of great U.S.A. Military people killed!

• Bill Martin said
    I turn 62 in Sept and will get my first SS check - not sure I’m gonna cash it - think I’ll frame it, hang it on the wall, get a glass of fine Kentucky bourbon, light a good Cohiba and see how much I’m still in the hole on Obamacare (Still love ya @WOLF)

@Bill Martin I don't think you will see a check for your Social Security. They just put it in a bank account, direct deposit. LOL Anyway, get it before you can't. Gov should be sued to make sure everyone collects what they put in.

• Bill Martin said
    I turn 62 in Sept and will get my first SS check - not sure I’m gonna cash it - think I’ll frame it, hang it on the wall, get a glass of fine Kentucky bourbon, light a good Cohiba and see how much I’m still in the hole on Obamacare (Still love ya @WOLF)

@Bill Martin I don't think you will see a check for your Social Security. They just put it in a bank account, direct deposit. LOL Anyway, get it before you can't. Gov should be sued to make sure everyone collects what they put in.

Thanks for the buzz kill ;( I didn’t know that - the government sure as hell took a shit ton of money from me via check - I guess askin them to return it the way they got it is too much to ask LMAO!!