Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• @sideseatdriver I get where you are coming from and I must agree that if you look historically your thoughts were tried and true in rules of decorum with government officials. That being said those rules have been set aside starting with Bill Clinton, slowly digressing thru both Bushes, sinking even lower with Obama of which I have been guilty. As of now it is just a political free for all with no regard for truth, integrity or even civil discourse between opposing ideologies. It is pretty obvious that the liberal Dems are NEVER going to accept Trump nor respect the office of President until he is no longer in office. I just hope Trump can pull us back toward the center undoing some of the last 8 years failures until we can elect someone that will be accepted by a much larger portion of the electorate than what it is now. Till then we ALL must learn to grin and bear it cause the pendulum is gonna swing back and forth!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• @sideseatdriver talking to this President about facts and things "that matter" only works if they matter to him. If you disagree with him, he berates, belittles and if possible fires you (even if you are leaving at the end of the week any way). He is my President, yes. I try my best to respect those in office. But, for God's sake, people know the name of the person holding "The Football". They posted pictures of him. Trump conducted business, that should have been classified, on a flipping Bar patio and all over Facebook. Respect is earned not given. I'm sure your parents taught you that and it was reinforced in the military, much like it was for me. The only 6respect he has from me is his office. Can he at least wear the Damn translator when hosting a foreign leader who doesn't speak English? He fails to show any respect to anybody except those that kiss his ass. That is not leadership.

How's Flynn doing?

• The saddest thing is, HE HAS NO RESPECT FOR THE OFFICE. :(

He is NOT a politician - as far as I am concerned the best thing about Trump is that he is NOT a politician !! That is what got him elected. Running Trump International is like managing a 7 - 11 compared to President of the US and there has to be a learning curve. He will get there in time!!!

• One big thing I do notice so far in comparison to Obama is that we do not have a president that is in the chair still campaigning. The Obama administration campaigned for most of his first term, not actually putting forth anything except we should do this or that. It wasn't till his second term when he made the statement I have phone and a pen that he tried to affect change other than the mistake of Obama Care. Trump like it or not is trying to accomplish things in probably the most hostile environment a president has ever faced. All Franklin actually said he, as many Americans, thinks Trump is mentally ill. When has sitting president ever had to put up with this much shit. The actions the democrats are taking to discredit him are violent and harmful to America. Must be there new moto "There way or now way at all". It has only been one month, give it break and let him do the job we elected him to do.

• The saddest thing is, HE HAS NO RESPECT FOR THE OFFICE. :(

And so the claim of an open mind and being able to see both sides draws its last breath. Sadly for those paying attention it was apparent it never had a life of its own .....

....... :rolleyes:

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• @sideseatdriver I get where you are coming from and I must agree that if you look historically your thoughts were tried and true in rules of decorum with government officials. That being said those rules have been set aside starting with Bill Clinton, slowly digressing thru both Bushes, sinking even lower with Obama of which I have been guilty.

This is called "normalizing", which doesn't make it right, and doesn't make it acceptable. If you choose to grin and bear it, good for you, I do not.

• And so the claim of an open mind and being able to see both sides draws its last breath. Sadly for those paying attention it was apparent it never had a life of its own .....

....... :rolleyes:

Keep that belief, I just don't like you looking silly all the time. It is about the PERSON for me, NOT THE PARTY. I understand how somebody so "open minded" couldn't see that. Check the date. There were 20 people running then.

• @sideseatdriver talking to this President about facts and things "that matter" only works if they matter to him. If you disagree with him, he berates, belittles and if possible fires you (even if you are leaving at the end of the week any way). He is my President, yes. I try my best to respect those in office. But, for God's sake, people know the name of the person holding "The Football". They posted pictures of him. Trump conducted business, that should have been classified, on a flipping Bar patio and all over Facebook. Respect is earned not given. I'm sure your parents taught you that and it was reinforced in the military, much like it was for me. The only 6respect he has from me is his office. Can he at least wear the Damn translator when hosting a foreign leader who doesn't speak English? He fails to show any respect to anybody except those that kiss his ass. That is not leadership.

How's Flynn doing?

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize you had spoken to the man. My apologies. Oh wait, you haven't? Have you tried? No? Hunh, imagine that.

I would question some of your comments, particularly because a few of his cabinet members don't share his beliefs. He has shown a willingness to change his positions (including on China and Israel), so obviously everyone isn't yelling him exactly what he wants to hear.

Does he fire people? Yup. Does he berate them? Probably. But he could have been completely neutral and the story would still come out he's a raging asshole that doesn't listen. EVERYONE he has sat down with has said that he is engaged in the conversation and willing to listen and learn.

I don't particularly like the way he has handled a few things, but I don't think the right course of action is to belittle him CONSTANTLY, particularly when he is at least trying to DO something.

And I thought you didn't jump to conclusions Wolf? What if the earpiece wasn't working, providing feedback, or causing pain? And yes, a classified discussion in open air is a security violation, except which classified information was it, because I doubt they got that involved.

I don't know if he does respect the office, but I can tell you that your support of the mocking only makes the situation worse, but that's okay because you didn't vote for him.

He hasn't even been in office a month yet for God's sake.

As for Flynn, if proof comes up that he violated the law, he should be gone. The first investigation found that he did not.

So enjoy your jokes Wolf, I choose not to.

• Do you know I haven't? No. Hmmm, imagine that.

Well, in that case, I look forward to hearing a detailed telling of the story of the meeting and the in - depth discussion that I'm sure occurred. Knowing your typical desire to maintain thruth in this thread, surely if you had personal dealings with the man, you would enlighten us with your conversation and overall factual impressions.

• Well, in that case, I look forward to hearing a detailed telling of the story of the meeting and the in - depth discussion that I'm sure occurred. Knowing your typical desire to maintain thruth in this thread, surely if you had personal dealings with the man, you would enlighten us with your conversation and overall factual impressions.

I can only write to him, not tweet, and my elected officials. I may or may not know more than I can inform you about. If it's the former, please except my apology. ;)

• This state is so liberal, they just introduced a bill to make Vermont a sanctuary state. People are pissed!

I can 1-up you. Jerry Brown is asking President Trump to declare federal emergency disaster, to free up about 163 million in fed. funds for fixing the dam...... This is after CA hired Eric Holder to "protect CA from the Trump Administration". Hmmm sanctuary state wants $$$$$..... seriously?????

• I can 1-up you. Jerry Brown is asking President Trump to declare federal emergency disaster, to free up about 163 million in fed. funds for fixing the dam...... This is after CA hired Eric Holder to "protect CA from the Trump Administration". Hmmm sanctuary state wants $$$$$..... seriously?????

This is the same state who has failed to build and/or protect their infrastructure. Maybe if they built dams and ressviours instead of worrying about the smelt fish their population would be protected. I say let them live with what they have created because they made their decisions to fund what is important to them.

• This is called "normalizing", which doesn't make it right, and doesn't make it acceptable. If you choose to grin and bear it, good for you, I do not.

While I agree with what you say and I am "old school" in every sense of the word I am much older :( I learned some valuable lessons. Starting to practice law in the early eighties it was a very different animal as to what it is today. Lawyers, judges, laws - just about every aspect began to change becoming more liberal - I did not!! Things progressively became worse and worse with me taking the stand that it was an attack on me and what I believed to be right - creating enormous amounts of stress ultimately leading to my retirement to avoid a possible heart attack due to my stress level. The reason I tell you that long sad story is I try to see the humor in all things these days making managing stress much easier. I commend you for taking a tough stance on this issue cause somebody needs to continue to fight the good fight. It is not that I grin and bear it cause I like it - I'm just tryin to make it another year so I might get you & @KayTwo cookies at Christmas again!!! :D

Peace Sis!!

• This is the same state who has failed to build and/or protect their infrastructure. Maybe if they built dams and ressviours instead of worrying about the smelt fish their population would be protected. I say let them live with what they have created because they made their decisions to fund what is important to them.

This is the same state that knew about the condition of the emergency spillway in 2005- that any water release would cause severe erosion, and compromise the safety of the public. The powers that be turned a blind eye.
    Note- my kid is a teacher in an evacuated area- God knows when he will return to work. Also- if the 30 foot deep spillway lip of the dam fails- both he and I will flood at approximately 6 feet of water. We are not impressed with our democratic government.

Mother always told me-- You made your bed, now you lie in it.

• While I agree with what you say and I am "old school" in every sense of the word I am much older :( I learned some valuable lessons. Starting to practice law in the early eighties it was a very different animal as to what it is today. Lawyers, judges, laws - just about every aspect began to change becoming more liberal - I did not!! Things progressively became worse and worse with me taking the stand that it was an attack on me and what I believed to be right - creating enormous amounts of stress ultimately leading to my retirement to avoid a possible heart attack due to my stress level. The reason I tell you that long sad story is I try to see the humor in all things these days making managing stress much easier. I commend you for taking a tough stance on this issue cause somebody needs to continue to fight the good fight. It is not that I grin and bear it cause I like it - I'm just tryin to make it another year so I might get you & @KayTwo cookies at Christmas again!!! :D
    Peace Sis!!

Hahaha, your cookies are never at risk. If we can't vent/have good discussions here, then where can we?

The problem is I look at my kids and wonder what kind of country we are making for them. That's not a laughing matter. :/

• You are absolutely correct @sideseatdriver if this ship does not change course your little ones, my grandkids, everybody's for that matter will be left a shamble of a country so far in debt, fragmented society, race wars, constant acts of terrorism, on and on. My dad used to tell me YEARS ago we are going to hell in a handcart - if he could see the world today he would tell me "a hand cart wasn't fast enough you found sumthin quicker" LOL!! Even babies