Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• Last union job I had was Boise Cascade. it was a Cardboard box plant. I had multiple grievances filed against me. Fucking Unions breed complacency. As a millwright I had the knowledge to install a motor but with the union they had to have an electrician unwire it, a mechanic unbolt it and reinstall it. a millwright to align it and then the electrician wire it back up. Fucking bullshit!

There once was a time where they had a purpose.

That time has past.

With the ability We have to communicate today their time has past.

• Unions (Most) are good to have. Keep things real and quality control. I don't care what anyone says there's a huge difference is skill & workmanship from a Union guy. In my line of work (elevators/ construction, inspections) You can't have anything less. When you read about accidents, there usually in China or a non union scab company, with little to no knowledge which you can't have when dealing with lives and the #1 means of transportation. I hate going to NON-UNION jobs, that's where the hack work is done and the Mexicans gather. Gotta keep it real and Unions help with that.

On another note, maybe there are areas/ places for plenty on Non union-smaller , simple jobs/ installs, but like I said there's a huge difference at the end of the day..

Plus the Union helps pension, fights for raises, fights (gets) you better insurance from companys. Yeah fee's are crazy and there's always BS. In 13 years I was laid off for 6 hrs, went to work the next day, got my 8 the day I got laid off...didn't miss a beat. In our trade it's name not a number. Unions with a # I can see that being tough, especially when there's a crap / slacker ahead of ya...

I Have No more toys, just memories.... :/

Edited once, last by BONES ().

• Unions (Most) are good to have. Keep things real and quality control. I don't care what anyone says there's a huge difference is skill & workmanship from a Union guy. In my line of work (elevators/ construction, inspections) You can't have anything less. When you read about accidents, there usually in China or a non union scab company, with little to no knowledge which you can't have when dealing with lives and the #1 means of transportation. I hate going to NON-UNION jobs, that's where the hack work is done and the Mexicans gather. Gotta keep it real and Unions help with that.

On another note, maybe there are areas/ places for plenty on Non union-smaller , simple jobs/ installs, but like I said there's a huge difference at the end of the day..

Plus the Union helps pension, fights for raises, fights (gets) you better insurance from companys. Yeah fee's are crazy and there's always BS. In 13 years I was laid off for 6 hrs, went to work the next day, got my 8 the day I got laid off...didn't miss a beat. In our trade it's name not a number. Unions with a # I can see that being tough, especially when there's a crap / slacker ahead of ya...

Sounds like you are a member of a good union - how do you (if they did) feel about it if they donated part of your dues to the Hillary Clinton campaign (she got a lot of union support)? I would really have a problem with that -- what ya think -- no judging here.

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Sounds like you are a member of a good union - how do you (if they did) feel about it if they donated part of your dues to the Hillary Clinton campaign (she got a lot of union support)? I would really have a problem with that -- what ya think -- no judging here.

The members would never allow it..there 70+% Republicans (Trump). Some of the weaker unions, Laborers and Carpenters had Hellary signs on there buildings and other trades broke there stones..

Sounds like you are a member of a good union - how do you (if they did) feel about it if they donated part of your dues to the Hillary Clinton campaign (she got a lot of union support)? I would really have a problem with that -- what ya think -- no judging here.

• I don't know that much about all the different unions but @BONES it sounds like yours should be a model for all the rest cause there are a lot of corrupt unions that really pretty much could care less about workers!!

• I don't know that much about all the different unions but @BONES it sounds like yours should be a model for all the rest cause there are a lot of corrupt unions that really pretty much could care less about workers!!

THE Elevator trade is a licensed trade /International. Everyone plays by the same rules. All companys in Ct are union. If I see a non union creeper from NY or somewhere in Ct I place a call and BA comes right down to throw them out. With my job as a licensed State inspector I can ask/ take info as it's illegal to work in Ct with out a Ct license. I can toss them out to :00000004::00000028::00000014:

• Fuck I hate people today!! Christoper Titus talks about having a mass extinction event just to clear the pool.
    I just want to thin the herd when I hear about this kind of shit.

Sudanese Refugee in Utah Threatens, Impregnates a 13-Year Old Child

Good find bro!! Articles like that make ya think China may be on to sumthin

• Worked for 15 years in management with union labor force. Most of the time- no issues, even when I worked the line to help a union worker catch up. Got sent to the welding dept., to try to straighten it up and improve productivity- never saw such a bunch of slackers & shirkers in my life! They timed their darn bathroom breaks to coincide with every spot that needed the team of 2 to work together (Flipping a large, cumbersome object.) Hated my time in that area- had a shop steward from hell. Never worked for a union shop after that.
    On the other hand- my kid is a teacher, at a "poor", small school district. He is a damn good teacher- takes on an extra class, teaches 5 periods of Spanish, and has an AVID class. He is duel credentialed, and asked to teach summer school in history, (second credential.) Kids who are not asses love him, the counselor loves him, etc., etc. If it were not for the union, he probably would never get a raise, even though Admin makes plenty! Raises are always at least 10 months late, even though they are retro. However, hate that the raises are not merit based. Something needs to be done with the teachers union, but I think it needs to include management!

• China's way of keeping the prison population down.

Kill em!! We need to do that.... Killers, rapists, child molesters, Dem protesters :whistling: (ok that ones a personal view) :D ......No trial or jail time, not worth the meals or cell time. Shoot them dead on site, inject them or torture depending on crime. Im an eye for an eye guy. If a person does something so sick they should live out the same painful , torturous event they performed...slow and steady, doing this will put fear into people to think twice....Possibly ?(

• Singapore is one of the cleanest, lowest crime rate cities in the world. Remember Michael Fay - the 18 year old who got caught vandalizing cars there some years ago??? Didn't have to kill him but I bet he NEVER does that again

Caning seems to be an excellent crime deterrent and sends a helluva message to others considering breaking the law!!