Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• Can we swap for politicians?

Alpha Supercharger is still spinning fine... it gets rode hard, every time.

• Where were the police last night? How many were arrested? Why wasn't the riot controlled?

Only one arrest, at most, made at Berkeley protest

Anthony Gockowski Investigative Reporter@AGockowskion Feb 02, 2017 at 1:32 PM EDT

A protest against Milo Yiannopoulos at UC Berkeley turned violent Wednesday night, with protesters even throwing explosives at police officers, but, incredibly, only one arrest has been reported.

Wednesday night’s riots at the University of California, Berkeley quickly turned violent, with some agitators even throwing explosives at police officers, yet it appears not a single arrest was made.In fact, according to a university press release issued the night of the riots, “no arrests had been made by UCPD as of 9:30 p.m.,” with other outlets reporting the following morning that still no arrests had been made throughout the night.

One local news outlet did, however, report that Berkeley police had made just one arrest throughout the night, even though the school’s police department labeled the protest a “violent demonstration” that required “additional resources” to control.

In one instance, masked protesters were recorded throwing fireworks at police officers, and others were shown vandalizing school property that eventually caught on fire, even firebombing the location where the event was set to take place.

Another video shows a female Trump supporter being pepper sprayed after concluding an interview with a local news outlet, and yet another video captured a Milo supporter being beaten unconscious with a metal pole.

Still, reports at the time of publication show that no more than a single protester was arrested during Wednesday night’s violence.

Berkeley’s Police Chief, Margo Bennett, told NBC News Wednesday night that she was not aware of any arrests made by the department, saying her “officers exercised tremendous restraint.”

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• I heard yesterday the officers were ordered to stand down. Nuthin would surprise me about the SF Bay area. These people should all get on a plane and go protest against Iran or North Korea. I think they could really do some good promoting their agendas over there. I would contribute my part helping charter a plane making sure they had Starbucks coffee and kale salads so they would be nice and healthy to meet those leaders and really talk bad about them.....the entertainment would be well worth the investment IMO!!! :thumbsup:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

I notice nobody is talking about the damage done to the rest of Berkeley ........

I know an American Bank had their windows smashed in DC during the inauguration and this was not the only bank damaged in the Berkeley riot .....

Beyond the other private property damage .....breaking into banks ......... no ........... no reason for arrests ..... angry-squared

• I think, regardless of temperature, if you are wearing a mask(on your face or neck) to a protest/rally you should be detained and questioned until the next morning. I don't know the legalities there, but it seems that is the common characteristic. I do think I heard there was a law against masks.

• I have read three news stories this morning.

First said "No arrests"
    Second said "Three arrests and one hospitalized"
    Third said " No arrests: Mayor being investigated by FBI for inciting riot"

Remember when we could depend on the news for facts?

• I think, regardless of temperature, if you are wearing a mask(on your face or neck) to a protest/rally you should be detained and questioned until the next morning. I don't know the legalities there, but it seems that is the common characteristic. I do think I heard there was a law against masks.

Totally agree! However, at the Berkeley riot at least 100 officers were lounging around inside a building. Were they told to "Stand Down"? It's all according to what "News Outlet" you read.

• if you are wearing a mask(on your face or neck) to a protest/rally you should be detained and questioned until the next morning. I don't know the legalities

As far as DC is concerned ........

D.C. Code § 22-3112.3(b) prohibits wearing anything to conceal your face and identity "only if the person was wearing the hood, mask, or other device:

(1) With the intent to deprive any person or class of persons of equal protection of the law or of equal privileges and immunities under the law, or for the purpose of preventing or hindering the constituted authorities of the United States or the District of Columbia equal protection of the law;
    (2) With the intent by force or threat of force, to injure, intimidate, or interfere with any person because of his or her exercise of any right secured by federal or District of Columbia laws, or to intimidate any person or class of persons from exercising any right secured by federal or District of Columbia laws;
    (3) With the intent to intimidate, threaten, abuse, or harass any other person;
    (4) With the intent to cause another person to fear for his or her personal safety, or, where it is probable that reasonable persons will be put in fear for their personal safety by the defendant's actions, with reckless disregard for that probability; or
    (5) While engaged in conduct prohibited by civil or criminal law, with the intent of avoiding identification."

........ ninja-squared

• Totally agree! However, at the Berkeley riot at least 100 officers were lounging around inside a building. Were they told to "Stand Down"? It's all according to what "News Outlet" you read.

"100 officers were lounging around", is a sad statement. I think the saddest part of your post is that you had to distinguish which riot you are talking about. :(

• I know violence should be a last resort but we are there. LEO needs the green light to take any means necessary to crush these law breaking rioters and let it be known peaceful protests are fine but the minute you break the law you will be dealt with harshly!! A few ass whippins and max jail time might make these idiots realize free speech is a right not just for liberals!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• LEO needs the green light to take any means necessary to crush these law breaking rioters and let it be known peaceful protests are fine but the minute you break the law you will be dealt with harshly!!

Apparently, in Bezerkeley (not a typo), you have to murder someone to get the LEO's attention- Campus police or regular police force.

• Apparently, in Bezerkeley (not a typo), you have to murder someone to get the LEO's attention- Campus police or regular police force.

Right or wrong, the cops were following orders. You need to go up the chain of command to find who gave the order and place the blame there.

I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.

Edited once, last by Mr. Clean ().