Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• Starbucks union voices are supporting Hammas.

There are other coffee shops to support. Let’s make that Bud Lite “thing” look like a picnic.

Before we delve head long into the mentality that most have said was counter productive... cancel culture..

Starbucks sued its union, Starbucks Workers United, earlier this month after the labor organization posted a since-deleted message on X, formerly known as Twitter, expressing solidarity with Palestinians. The message from the union triggered calls to boycott Starbucks, when some appeared to mistake the union's position for that of the company.

"We strongly disagree with the views expressed by Workers United, including its local affiliates, union organizers and those who identify as members of 'Starbucks Workers United' -- none of these groups speak for Starbucks Coffee Company and do not represent our company's views, positions, or beliefs," Sara Kelly, executive vice president and chief partner officer at Starbucks, said in the statement.

Companies from Starbucks to McDonald's face controversy amid Israel-Hamas war (msn.com)

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• Starbucks union voices are supporting Hammas.

There are other coffee shops to support. Let’s make that Bud Lite “thing” look like a picnic.

No problem - this is just icing on the cake - before this I would rather have a colonoscopy without drugs than pay $6 for a cup of coffee :00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• No problem - this is just icing on the cake - before this I would rather have a colonoscopy without drugs than pay $6 for a cup of coffee :00008172:

Unless one is buying some speciality coffee... in most places... Starbucks regular coffer prices... The restaurant the boys and I go to on Fridays.... is $4.00 for coffee... and they usually fill your cup twice.

HOT COFFEES Freshly Brewed Coffee Short $2.15
    $2.15 Freshly Brewed Coffee Tall $2.25
    $2.25 Freshly Brewed Coffee Grande $2.65
    $2.65 Freshly Brewed Coffee Venti $2.95

Starbucks Menu Prices with Calories (October 2023) (fastfoodprice.com)

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• Unless one is buying some speciality coffee... in most places... Starbucks regular coffer prices... The restaurant the boys and I go to on Fridays.... is $4.00 for coffee... and they usually fill your cup twice.

McDonalds $1 cup a Joe used to be fine BUT thanks to Uncle Joe’s inflation it is now $2.29 so I drink my Joe at home on my creek 😬

• Unless one is buying some speciality coffee... in most places... Starbucks regular coffer prices... The restaurant the boys and I go to on Fridays.... is $4.00 for coffee... and they usually fill your cup twice.

Pacific Bold K-Cups from Costco - $35.99 for a box of 120 k-cups = less than 30 cents a cup for my coffee and I like it better than any restaraunt coffee or Starbucks

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• We all know the many ways that our country is headed in the wrong direction. That being said, I am most disappointed in our nation’s young folks. Watching and listening to the Palestinian protesters the past couple of days it is hard for me to fathom HOW?? If they were taught about it how only 80 years ago Hitler & the Nazis had a plan to eradicate Jews from the face of the earth. Did a pretty good job toward that goal gassing and torturing millions. 80 years is definitely NOT ancient history. If these people out calling for the eradication of Jews again can’t possibly know the horrors of the Holocaust and what the Jewish people endured. If they have been taught and still feel this way - our country’s future is very dim in my view!!

• Bill Martin there’s a lot of truth in what you said up there but there are also an off a lot of really good ones out there and I know them and I’m pretty sure you do too.

Thing is the kids as we call them that are out there, moving and shaken defending this country and doing amazing things never get any air time because they go against the narrative that those in the media want us to see.

Life has a way of weeding them out and few of them ever get anywhere- they just become bitter and loud while the unseen are doing amazing things while being maligned and envied cuz ya know- it ain’t fair!😢

Stay positive my friend! There’s a lot of good ones out there.😎

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Bill Martin there’s a lot of truth in what you said up there but there are also an off a lot of really good ones out there and I know them and I’m pretty sure you do too.

Thing is the kids as we call them that are out there, moving and shaken defending this country and doing amazing things never get any air time because they go against the narrative that those in the media want us to see.

Life has a way of weeding them out and few of them ever get anywhere- they just become bitter and loud while the unseen are doing amazing things while being maligned and envied cuz ya know- it ain’t fair!😢

Stay positive my friend! There’s a lot of good ones out there.😎

yep - still some great younger people. A Filipino organization that my wife is a member of held an event last night to thank and celebrate our veterans, one young Filipina gal I met joined the U.S. Air force after she got her U.S. citizenship - served 22 years trying to give back to this country - - I was very impressed - sometimes I think the people who have to earn their citizenship in this country have a greater respect and understanding of what it means to be an American than many of those who were born here and had it handed to them.

but yes I do agree that it seems like all we often hear are the loud mouth few when at the same time those who care are quietly serving and giving of themselves instead of yelling and screaming about what they think they are owed.

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies