Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• It was horrible tp hear about this one when it went down. One of the fallen officers had a small child and one in the oven. So glad the third officer survived his wounds and took out the scumbag shooter to save the trouble and expense of the trial and lifetime in prison. Sure wish they could figure a way to end these senseless shootings without using the "take away all the guns" line of BS since the murder rates in cities that have the toughest gun laws have the highest rates of shootings. Take away the guns from honest licensed citizens is like putting up a huge sign on the fromt of a building saying "GUN FREE ZONE". Does anyone think a shooter would see these signs and say to himself, SHIT, I need to find some other place?

RIP. to the two of Bristol's finest as well as their family, friends and coworkers

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• When I quote a price for a project, it's a labor and material total. I only do contract price work and don't break down costs. If I give you a price of $10,000.00 before we start and a bill of $10,000.00 when completed, I have no problem collecting my money. My prices for products have been going UP.

I feel you! I raised mine 10% at the beginning of the year and I’m starting to think another bump up may just be happening soon!

as far as the paint goes I’m doing it all myself because strangely enough I actually enjoy it as it gets my head in another direction for a while. But here’s another thing. Cleaning out old paperwork I have about 3 to 400 pounds that needed to be shredded. Calling up to local shredding companies they want around $400-$450 to shred this paper. I think I’m in the wrong business !

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

Edited once, last by SoCal ().

• Ok, I know I must be naive, but the free, and I use that loosely, world needs to put an end to all aggressive countries. WTF is going to happen if we don't put Putin and other dictatorships in their place? I'm a war veteran and since ww2 I don't think any war/conflict has been worth fighting except maybe Korea which we did not win. Citizens don't create wars, governments create wars. I think a war with Russia, although catastrophic, needs to be waged. We need to do everything possible to kick Russia out of Ukraine. If we don't Tiwain is next then what? Eventually we will be at war with all communist countries. But, unlike other wars/conflicts, we must win!

• But here’s another thing. Cleaning out old paperwork I have about 3 to 400 pounds that needed to be shredded. Calling up to local shredding companies they want around $400-$450 to shred this paper. I think I’m in the wrong business !

........ pirate-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• I do the exact same. I don't break down costs, all prices are by complete job. Prices for electrical products from my suppliers have increased between 100-200% since March 2020. It's crazy. There has to be greed involved from the manufacturers/supplier also. Problem is, these prices will not likely go down much. Things have already started to show signs of slowing down. Hence we are in for a mess of a recession I fear.

In 08 when everything went SOUTH....I survived OK.. I do existing residential and like the smaller jobs. In 08 when the new construction guys drop 70 -- 80% of there business I dropped 5 - 10% smaller jobs but was working every day, couple of rooms in the home instead of the whole interior.

• Ok, I know I must be naive, but the free, and I use that loosely, world needs to put an end to all aggressive countries. WTF is going to happen if we don't put Putin and other dictatorships in their place? I'm a war veteran and since ww2 I don't think any war/conflict has been worth fighting except maybe Korea which we did not win. Citizens don't create wars, governments create wars. I think a war with Russia, although catastrophic, needs to be waged. We need to do everything possible to kick Russia out of Ukraine. If we don't Tiwain is next then what? Eventually we will be at war with all communist countries. But, unlike other wars/conflicts, we must win!

I agree bro... the main way to win a war, is to keep the politicians and media out of the war and let the warriors do what they are trained to do.

When some ass hat in DC is responsible for what actions are being taken on the battlefield we will never win. Think ROE and what a joke it is.

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• Yes forgot about desert storm. No disrespect intended for those warriors.

It was there during our time as well...

ROE are intended to reduce the chance of friendly fire incidents and recognize international law regarding the conduct of war, particularly the need to protect civilians, but in Vietnam they became a political tool as well.

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• fits my thoughts on the current administration perfectly :thumbsup:

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• In 08 when everything went SOUTH....I survived OK.. I do existing residential and like the smaller jobs. In 08 when the new construction guys drop 70 -- 80% of there business I dropped 5 - 10% smaller jobs but was working every day, couple of rooms in the home instead of the whole interior.

funny enough, I do pretty much the same, about 95% existing residential, and 5% small commercial. I don't do subdivision, work or new custom jobs. Mostly hot tubs, pools, service upgrades, small service calls, and have about 70 real estate agents that I do work for when their clients are buying and selling homes. I do the small stuff that others don't, but it pays the bills better than waiting for payment on large jobs, and being hammered by the GC's to reduce costs. I just started my business in 2008 after getting divorced, and being bumped out of her family business.