Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• SlingBlade,

Did you ever serve in one of our armed forces?
    if the time came and you would be called to protect your fellow Brothers or Sisters, what would you do?
    keep in mind our PoPo (even here in Chicago) do this on a daily bases.

Even our law abiding citizens want to protect themselves, families and neighbors.

• The vast majority are state laws so you could reduce that number by a huge percentage of actual unique laws not duplicated in other states. Then you reduce to the number that has any kind of punishment attached to it, the number becomes even lower. And then when we consider the number that the police departments hasn’t went on record of refuse to enforce, that number becomes almost vanishingly small. There needs to be gun laws at the federal level that has actual penalties attached at the distribution level with clear records of all transaction, no exception. No gun show or private sale loophole. You have to register and pay sales tax on a car, no matter how or where you buy it. Any dealer, manufacture or individuals that try to circumvent the new laws is shut down and given stiff prison time. Any owner caught with an unregistered gun at any time should have all weapons seized and treated as a felon in the regard of never being allowed to own a gun. This wouldn’t get rid of all illegal guns overnight but it would be a huge step toward that goal.

• The vast majority are state laws so you could reduce that number by a huge percentage of actual unique laws not duplicated in other states. Then you reduce to the number that has any kind of punishment attached to it, the number becomes even lower. And then when we consider the number that the police departments hasn’t went on record of refuse to enforce, that number becomes almost vanishingly small. There needs to be gun laws at the federal level that has actual penalties attached at the distribution level with clear records of all transaction, no exception. No gun show or private sale loophole. You have to register and pay sales tax on a car, no matter how or where you buy it. Any dealer, manufacture or individuals that try to circumvent the new laws is shut down and given stiff prison time. Any owner caught with an unregistered gun at any time should have all weapons seized and treated as a felon in the regard of never being allowed to own a gun. This wouldn’t get rid of all illegal guns overnight but it would be a huge step toward that goal.

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

Slingblade don't you know why State laws are the most important laws - you do understand that State's being allowed to control what goes on in their borders was probably one of the most important promises that was made when the United States were being formed and they were trying to get the various territories to sign up and join. Many people don't seem to understand that the United States is more than just one big country, for all practical purposes we are 50 separate and individual governments that have agreed to work together as one with the primary purpose (and some strongly think it should be the only purpose) of the federal government being military protection from outside attack - basically as it was designed it was intended that all of the States would govern themselves as if they were separate countries and the federal government would act like NATO does organizing and providing the military protection for all of the participating States - - Seriously you do know this - - right?

States are not supposed to have to give up control of much of anything other than military to the Federal Government - it is the promise that allowed the territories come together - - - seriously - we are not "America" we are not one single thing with one big ass government that makes all the rules

We are the UNITED STATES - - - and anyone who thinks the States should give up their self governance and allow Washing DC to make all the laws the same for every State clearly has no understanding of how the States became united in the first place. And clearly no understand how fast trying to do that would drive these States apart - - - you want the United States to fall apart like the Soviet Union did? - - best way to make it happen would be to start trying to take away the individual States right to self governance

Seriously, some of the things you are saying in this thread are making me think you have absolutely zero understanding of the history of the United States or how it ever came to be that 50 different territories could agree to unite and what was involved in those agreements. =O

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• Information for the uninformed about what the United States actually is

The question of if the States are separate governments with the right to self governance has come up many times in our history and according to the numerous decisions of the United States Supreme Court, the 50 individual states and the United States as a whole are each sovereign jurisdictions.

Sovereign - - that's an important word

So what does it mean when a state is sovereign?

Sovereign - adjective [usually ADJECTIVE noun] A sovereign state or country is independent and not under the authority of any other country.

The Federal Government is not the primary government of the States - the individual State governments have the main and primary control for making the laws within their borders - - the federal government is after all of the individual State Governments and only has the right to do what all of the States agree to let it do.

To anyone who wants stronger gun laws or assault weapon bans I would say - - move to a State that has those laws - - - making these laws is not the job of the federal government - and its actually very questionable if they even have the legal power to do so

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

• Slingblade just wanted to thank you genuinely for showing up in this thread today. I think maybe you came in for a sip and wound up drinking from a fire hose. sparky kind of shook the bushes and started a trail for you prior and it’s all good. You must feel like me and my Trump hat at a DNC rally!

Perhaps you could start a thread about your brand of politics and then we could jump in and see if we get taken to the woodshed. 🙂 However I truly believe we have a lot more in common than differences.

You guys are driving a Slingshot so it’s all gravy after that - have a great week!

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Slingblade just wanted to thank you genuinely for showing up in this thread today. I think maybe you came in for a sip and wound up drinking from a fire hose. sparky kind of shook the bushes and started a trail for you prior and it’s all good. You must feel like me and my Trump hat at a DNC rally!

Perhaps you could start a thread about your brand of politics and then we could jump in and see if we get taken to the woodshed. 🙂 However I truly believe we have a lot more in common than differences.

You guys are driving a Slingshot so it’s all gravy after that - have a great week!

cool. An honorable mention🤣🤣🤣

• Well, there was an incident in Nebraska during Americruise event and 2 people were killed and 19 injured by a vehicle.... The first response I read was... (I am sure it was sarcastic) "We need to ban all vehicles, it it saves one life it was worth it"....

America, "F$$k Yeah".... (from Team America World Police movie)

https://www.yahoo.com/news/2-d…n-hospital-085429586.html

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL