Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• Weird food for thought

I live in a State where it illegal for a person under the age of 18 to get a Tattoo - - even with parental consent it is a crime for anyone to "ink" someone who is not 18 years or older.

The State feels so strongly that people under the age of 18 are not mature enough to make decisions on something that they might regret later that they will criminally punish anyone who tattoos a minor and they can be put out of business and shut down

California Penal Code Section 653 PC.

My State on the other hand says it is perfectly legal for a minor to get any kind of "reproductive care" including abortions without any legal requirement for parental consent or notification

Apparently they do believe than people under the age of 18 are mature enough to make the decision to terminate a life.

Regardless of my stance on either of these subjects I find this to be very confusing - - got to be 18 to make the critical choice of having a bird tattooed on your shoulder, but hey if your 15 will give you free birth control and your not smart enough to use it and you get knocked up feel free to come back in and we will give you an abortion - - and don't worry we won't tell mom

So in California "Your body, your choice" only applies to minors for abortions, but not for tattoos - - - - - - - :/:/:/

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• We just had a pretty big late Spring snow storm here in Colorado.... On NextDrama people were complaining about not having power for 24.36 and one for 48 hours.... No phone charging, no computer...etc....

One person did have some sense and said they charged their phone in the car. One person wanted to know how to get the garage door open....

Just wait... till no car charging..... for that same period of time.

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• We just had a pretty big late Spring snow storm here in Colorado.... On NextDrama people were complaining about not having power for 24.36 and one for 48 hours.... No phone charging, no computer...etc....

One person did have some sense and said they charged their phone in the car. One person wanted to know how to get the garage door open....

Just wait... till no car charging..... for that same period of time.

That's why i have a whole home generator. Switches on automatically

• That's why i have a whole home generator. Switches on automatically

I have considered the idea of getting a natural gas whole home generator, but our power almost never goes off and when it does it usually isn't for all the long - - on top of this the number one thing that would probably take down the power for an extended amount of time would be a major earthquake and there is a very good chance that an earthquake that large would also rupture the gas lines and render the generator useless.

When you really think about it I don't think there is any backup power option that wouldn't be at risk from damage if we have "the big one" - even rooftop solar and a battery could easily become damaged and rendered useless.

• Plus if your shopping takes longer than the charge you're blocking the charger the next guy is waiting for.

okay - So I have a question. I have seen this type of charging station in parking lots of a couple of our local stores such as Walgreens and a few others and these are clearly not Tesla super chargers ( we have one of those behind a local mall) so anyway, my question would be twofold - - who actually owns these charging stations? and who gets to set the price per kWh that they charge? - - does the store own them? and can they jack the price up to whatever they like?

or is this something that is regulated?

• and another thing to think about

When Tesla first started building its super charging stations the charging was free for those who bought Tesla cars, now days that is no longer the case. Tesla cars sold today must pay to use the charger, but according to Tesla they only charge around 28 cent per Wh which they say is their break even point for running the stations - they do this so that it still is an incentive to but the car - - - also other places like hotels and markets offer free charging spots - again this is intended as an incentive to bring in customers

So what's going to happen to these reduced and free prices when the majority of cars are electric? - - I think its pretty safe to expect people to start to want to make a profit running these things - - - and what will become of all of the for profit gas stations? will they just go under or will they convert to for profit charging stations?

• and another thing to think about

When Tesla first started building its super charging stations the charging was free for those who bought Tesla cars, now days that is no longer the case. Tesla cars sold today must pay to use the charger, but according to Tesla they only charge around 28 cent per Wh which they say is their break even point for running the stations - they do this so that it still is an incentive to but the car - - - also other places like hotels and markets offer free charging spots - again this is intended as an incentive to bring in customers

So what's going to happen to these reduced and free prices when the majority of cars are electric? - - I think its pretty safe to expect people to start to want to make a profit running these things - - - and what will become of all of the for profit gas stations? will they just go under or will they convert to for profit charging stations?

Just another avenue to Levi more taxes on the poor SOB consumer!

• if ev's take off which they will since all auto mfgrs and the government is pushing them, does anyone believe the electric grid won't fail?

its typical government - - instead of fixing an already stressed grid BEFORE promoting electric vehicles they will wait until the grid is collapsing and then use the emergency as an excuse to go after more of the peoples money.

kind of like immigration