Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• Let us say just for argument sake and I would vote for a 3rd Party candidate. Name me someone with the name recognition, the right platform, and most importantly the financial power to take down the 2 major parties running this country for close to 250 years ?? If they are out there - I sure am unaware!! If anything that would unite Rep/Dem - that would do it !!

actually if you think about it Donald Trump did exactly this - yes he did it by pretending to be a Republican so he could sneak in on their ticket, but you know as well as well as I do that he was never really a part of the Republican Party and they never wanted him as their candidate

also as a more direct answer I will say that I highly suspect that if Trump is not some how legally blocked from running that he could very well run as an independent in 2024 and have a very good chance of taking down the major parties.

To my way of seeing things the problem is not that there are not people that have the needed name recognition and financial power, the problem is that they are usually too smart and realize they dont have anything to gain

Remember Ross Perot? - - he had a very good shot and if he hadn't temporarily suspended his run before coming back very well could have won.

I would say there are many potential candidates, many very successful business men, people with values that are in alignment with what we want - - - but its up to us to make them want to run, its up to us to show them we are willing to step away from the R's and D's

seriously if they know the attitude of most voters is like yours why would they run, why would they be willing to risk going through what Trump has gone through when you say you won't even stand with them unless they run as an R?

Also realize we dont really need to win to make a huge step forward - -right now the law says for a third party to get the federal funding and equal access in future elections they need to get 5% of the vote in an election if we can only get our third party candidate past that 5% this next election then in future elections the odds get much better for the candidate from that party

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• To be honest - I would be interesting to see Trump run as an Independent. If there ever was or will be a candidate that could pull it off it would be him. More likely he would split the vote giving the election to another Democrat if they were able to put up an electable candidate.

PS - You do realize you went back almost 30 years to come up with Perot???? Name another independent since within the last 10 years with the political clout to even run a serious campaign?? To your point good people to run. Sure there are brilliant people that could run this country but who wants to have the mainstream media crawl up their ass with a microscope all the way back to high school?? There are so many things broken - where do we start??

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Where do we start? I started already I changed my voter registration to libertarian some time back and I intend to vote as such or for some other non D or R candidate in national elections going forward. Will it change anything? Probably not, but at least I will know I am not contributing to the continuation of what I believe has become a totally corrupt system.

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

• As far as I am concerned anyone who continues to vote R or D and supports the current system is a total hypocrite if they then complain about that system. You can’t complain about duck shit in your yard if you keep feeding the ducks

• As far as I am concerned anyone who continues to vote R or D and supports the current system is a total hypocrite if they then complain about that system. You can’t complain about duck shit in your yard if you keep feeding the ducks

Said with respect. It represents my choices as to the voting process.

Why are you so totally against any person voting for what they believe in as opposed to how someone else is telling them how to vote? I could care less which political party someone is affiliated with. It's not about the system. The system is only that, a system. The voting system doesn't draft laws, pass laws or enforce those laws. I don't believe I'm a hypocrite in any way for voting for the things that matter to me. No one will agree with someone 100%, I don't expect that, but if in my opinion if the republican party consistently hits 80% or better on the matters I believe in, then I think it's to my advantage. Please read below and help me make a decision as to which democratic or independent I should put my faith in and vote for that hits the issues I believe in on a more consistent mark.

I am consistent:

I support a strong police force, they are the ones up at 2 a.m. protecting society and putting themselves in harms way. Defunding the police is a disaster and a morale killer to the very people we should be thankful for.

I like the idea of the right to defend myself using the 2nd amendment. A person can argue that the democrats aren't taking that away but taxing ammo to the point of ridiculousness is pushing the boundary.

I like the idea of lower corporate taxes to keep and hold companies in the United States keeping jobs and manufacturing home. Those higher corporate taxes always get passed down to the consumer (me) and force companies to operate overseas, costing jobs and increasing debt as the gov. forks out unemployment compression.

I like the idea of using all forms of energy to the extent of an educated balance. Achieving energy independence and jobs at home. Individuals can decide based on information and their ability to afford the higher cost associated, and contribute as they can. Another point the democrats fail to mention is energy security is a necessary component of national security and may be needed to win a conflict or multiple conflicts that can flair up in an instant. Right now china is pushing the US to stop funding Taiwan while at the same time showing signs of taking control of Taiwan. China is strong and in my opinion they are not a friend.

I like the idea of less government regulation to reduce unnecessary cost to the taxpayers. Government is ever encroaching on my choices and limiting them by using executive orders or strong arming using taxes to control choice.

I like the idea of pride in America and think it would be good to promote that idea in our classrooms, parades & sports. It promotes cohesion. In my opinion disrespecting the flag is divisive and will dissolve the country.

I like the idea of holding china accountable for covid-19. They caused massive destruction at best through negligence. No one is holding China responsible in any way?

I like strong boarders to decrease gang and drug activity and the massive cost, food stamps, health care, schooling and the need to build new schools to support millions of illegal's entering the country as opposed to a controlled legal flow beneficial to all. Drugs are destroying our youth and are a major driver to crime, costing massive amounts of tax payer dollars. As on the history channel show drugs inc. massive amounts of drugs are crossing our southern boarder.

I like the idea of personal educated choice and believe people should have the ability to make those choices.

I like the idea of personal responsibility for self and personal responsibility to get-up and pursue advancement on their own merit. Equality to all on a consistent level. I like opportunity zones but based on a set of economic conditions consistent to all. That will help areas that need the help without prejudice.

I believe if any institution is funded by taxpayer dollars it should stay out of political influence. The only deviation should be on an elected course basis. I think parents should have a say as to what is being taught in school above a basic level of necessary education. Their taxes are paying for the school system and their sons and daughters are attending those schools. Parents should have the right to pull their children and place them in the school of their choice with the same level of funding.

• I fully respect your right to vote for whoever you think is best, and if you truly think the R or D is the best option I will even help you get to the polling place to vote for them if you needed

I just hope and pray that you truly do believe they are the best because you know what they as an individual stand for and not just because you think that if they have that D or R by their name they actually stand for the things the Democrat or Republican parties stood for historically.

The days of the Republican party standing for small government and personal freedom are long gone, they may still say these things are important to them, but their actions over the last 20 or so years show that it just isn't true - - why do you think so many of the Republican establishment hated Trump??? - - - Trump actually wanted to empower the people and the Republican establishment didn't like that

so anyway vote for whoever you think is best, but please dont just believe they are best because they belong to some political party that stopped caring about the people a long time ago

<3<3

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• Wow, this is a relief. We have come to an agreement not to link United States assistance to formal recognition of the Taliban. Hello, the Taliban is in charge in Afghanistan. Other great news. Congress passed a spending bill to avert a shutdown for a whopping seven weeks! Now that's fiscal responsibility to the taxpayers!

The Taliban said the talks held in Doha, Qatar, "went well," with Washington freeing up humanitarian aid to Afghanistan after agreeing not to link such assistance to formal recognition of the Taliban. On Saturday, however, the Taliban ruled out cooperation with Washington on containing the increasingly active Islamic State group in Afghanistan.

Taliban says US will provide humanitarian aid to Afghanistan | Fox Business

Congress on Thursday passed a spending bill to keep the government open through the beginning of December in hopes of averting a shutdown mere hours before federal funding ran out.

Congress Avoids Government Shutdown By Passing Spending Bill | HuffPost Latest News

• So, lets talk about another way the D's and the R's have rigged the system

With the exception of two states all other states allocate their electoral college votes on a winner take all system

Think about that for a second

I will use my State for example - - for 2020 California had 55 electoral college votes to be used to determine the winner of a presidential election

Just for fun lets assume California was not as blue as it really is and lets assume that it was closer to 51% blue

and lets just assume that this percentage held true in the results of a presidential election and the results were 51% of Californias state wide vote went to the Democrat and 49% went to the Republican - - - So now it comes time to send the electors down to cast their electoral college votes in the national vote to determine who becomes president

well under the winner take all system that they have setup in all but 2 states ALL 55 of Californias votes go to the Democrat candidate basically the votes of 49% of the voters in the State would be thrown in the trash and count for absolutely nothing

Unless you live in Maine or Nebraska this is how the electoral College votes in your state are allocated each election cycle - they have set it up this way so that it benefits them - - - think about it, by taking all of Californias votes and giving 100% to the Democrat every single cycle even if they just barely win the State they give enough extra electoral college votes to offset the electoral college vote of almost any red state - think about it North Carolina has 15 votes the winner take all system easily lets California add enough electoral votes to the democrat every single presidential election Since George H.W. Bush took California in 1988 to completely wipe out all 15 of North Carolinas votes that might have gone to the Republican

For years I have known that this system of allocating electoral college votes on a winner take all system made my vote pretty much worthless, but its not just me, if you live in a nice RED State like Louisiana with only 8 electoral College votes - - you are just as screwed as I am - by allocating 100% of Californias electoral college votes to the democrat instead of allocating them proportionally to the actual State wide vote they effectively nullify your red states 8 electoral college votes every single time.

my vote hasn't counted for years and years and I have known it, but the way they have set up the electoral system there is a good chance your vote hasn't counted either

allocating huge blue state electoral college votes to a candidate that they didn't really earn to nullify the votes of smaller red states - - really??? we put up with this and keep voting for the idiots who set this system up???

Edited 2 times, last by Edward Neal ().

• Agree, it goes hand in hand with the practice of gerrymandering. You could divide areas into projected pieces of a puzzle that favor a winning combination. If one area was heavily favored you could divide that area into four surrounding areas to increase the odds of picking up electoral votes in areas that would otherwise go to an opposing candidate. An example would be dividing areas of Philadelphia that have been known to vote 100% democratic and stretching those areas into surrounding areas that typically vote republican. Thus canceling those votes.

from merriam-webster

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/gerrymandering

Definition of gerrymandering. : the practice of dividing or arranging a territorial unit into election districts in a way that gives one political party an unfair advantage in elections To an untrained eye, the proposed boundaries look like the etchings of a mapmaker on heavy pharmaceuticals. In reality, it's a masterpiece of diabolical gerrymandering.

• Hello I was wondering if anyone could please tell me how to get the Maserati custom sling shot kit or what I can do to customize mine.

Hello & welcome to the forum. Lots of vendors that can do just about anything your wallet can stand 😂. Not sure about the Maserati kit but try kev at All Things Slingshot. He has some really cool custom body parts and is super helpful !!

• Hello I was wondering if anyone could please tell me how to get the Maserati custom sling shot kit or what I can do to customize mine.

My advice to the new 'kids' on the block....get LOTS of seat time in before going to crazy on the mods. So many things that we can do to these get machines. To often we put something on only to find we want something else and have to remove #1 for #2... Welcome to the "World of Slingshot Insanity"

• My advice to the new 'kids' on the block....get LOTS of seat time in before going to crazy on the mods. So many things that we can do to these get machines. To often we put something on only to find we want something else and have to remove #1 for #2... Welcome to the "World of Slingshot Insanity"

EH….a turbo today…a supercharger tomorrow - variety is the spice of life :00008172: