Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• I have to admit I have never understood how some people seem to believe that if a person supports the police that automatically must mean that person is against Blacks or other minorities.

Here in liberal California at one point after the Floyd thing it got to the point where I felt compelled to remove my thin blue line American flag from my Slingshot because I was afraid that some liberal moron would key or otherwise damage it - - had to switch to my Gadsden flag, but even that worries me a bit - seems that some of these people don't know its from the American Revolution and think it has some kind of pro south/ pro slavery history - - dumb shits!

Seriously though - in my own personal family I am the minority being the white guy rest of the family is a beautiful mix of Black, Filipino, Japanese, Mexican, Salvadorian and more - - does that mean I cant support the hard working police who risk everything to protect us???

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I have to admit I have never understood how some people seem to believe that if a person supports the police that automatically must mean that person is against Blacks or other minorities.

Here in liberal California at one point after the Floyd thing it got to the point where I felt compelled to remove my thin blue line American flag from my Slingshot because I was afraid that some liberal moron would key or otherwise damage it - - had to switch to my Gadsden flag, but even that worries me a bit - seems that some of these people don't know its from the American Revolution and think it has some kind of pro south/ pro slavery history - - dumb shits!

Seriously though - in my own personal family I am the minority being the white guy rest of the family is a beautiful mix of Black, Filipino, Japanese, Mexican, Salvadorian and more - - does that mean I cant support the hard working police who risk everything to protect us???

It is really quite simple unless you have some other hidden agendas…..white, black, red, yellow, brown should be pro law enforcement when white, black, red, brown, yellow commit a crime. Sadly many of the above have self serving agendas disparaging each other any time they can get a public sound bite. Doesn’t appear it will get better any time soon!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• SHUSH!!! I been tracking this one - thinkin she will make a fine mount 😬😬

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this isn't the "good eats" thread, it's conservative politics...

I have to admit I have never understood how some people seem to believe that if a person supports the police that automatically must mean that person is against Blacks or other minorities...

They seem to forget minorities also don the uniform and take the oath and lose their lives.

Yup, and I have to admit I was taken aback by being called a racist so early in the morning, I usually have to wait until at least noontime .... angel-squared

Especially since unlike Elizabeth Warren I can legally wear the mantle of a member of the most oppressed minority in The United States.

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• To all of you living in Florida - - can you do me a favor and show these morons where the airport is and make sure they understand they are free to leave

Florida College students don't like being Americans

not enough free shit I guess

perhaps with your help they can escape the oppressions of this place

• I love how different news sources can see things so completely differently

From AP News:

"Fueled by vaccinations and government aid, the U.S. economy grew at a solid 6.5% annual rate last quarter in another sign that the nation has achieved a sustained recovery from the pandemic recession. The total size of the economy has now surpassed its pre-pandemic level.

Thursday’s report from the Commerce Department estimated that the nation’s gross domestic product — its total output of goods and services — accelerated in the April-June quarter from an already robust 6.3% annual growth rate in the first quarter of the year."

From Fox Business News:

"The U.S. economy grew less than expected in the three months through June as supply-chain disruptions and labor shortages slowed the pace of economic activity while the country reopened from its COVID-19 lockdowns.

Gross domestic product – the broadest measure of economic performance – grew at a 6.5% annual rate during the second quarter, according to an advance estimate released Thursday by the Commerce Department. Analysts surveyed by Refintiv were expecting 8.5% growth. First-quarter GDP was revised down to 6.3% from its previous reading of 6.4%"

• I have to admit that it pisses me off that the government now seems to want to tell fully vaccinated people to go back to wearing masks in public so that the unvaccinated people are better protected

Personally I think this is a load of shit - If I happen to be around someone who hasn't been able to be vaccinated okay it would probably be the right thing to do - who would want to unknowingly get someone else sick who has not had the option of getting the vaccine, On the other hand if its some adult who has made a choice not to get vaccinated, as is fully within their rights to do, then it should not be my job to protect them.

Way back if February/March my wife and I made the choice to take a chance on this new and not fully approved vaccination. We knew that there might be risks involved but we decided it was worth it, and one of the big things that we felt made it worth the risk was the promise of a return to normal, to be able to get back together with family and friends and to no longer have to wear a mask to prevent spreading the virus. - frankly right now at this point I feel we did what was asked of us and now if someone who has chosen not to get vaccinated gets sick - - so be it, I took my chances getting vaccinated and they took theirs in choosing not to get vaccinated - if some side effect comes along and kills me - - bummer my own fault, and if COVID comes along and kills them - - bummer thats their own fault

we all make choices, its a wonderful thing and a right we all have, but no one should be asked to compromise their personal freedoms to compensate for the choices of others - I totally believe that we should all have the freedom to do whatever we want and the only restriction should be that in doing what we want it should never be allowed to interfere with the rights of someone else to do what they want.

If someone chose not to get vaccinated and now want to feel safer in public they can wear a mask or 2 or 3, its their job to protect themselves - Its not my job

oh and just to be clear - I am speaking about masks in public and government requirements, private businesses are just that, private, and if they want me to wear a mask I will respect their right to require that.

• Since we are on the vaccination topic I would like to request a word of prayer for one of our ORIGINAL Sling brothers. Fully vaccinated Funinthesun has just been diagnosed with Covid just minutes ago. He is feeling pretty poorly but they said his lung function is OK and prescribed a crapload of Vitamin D daily. Keep him in your thoughts and I will update as necessary!!

• I was in no way calling you racist, but if that's what you got, maybe subconscious?

I was pointing out how these broad statements are applied to what's beneficial, by both sides...

There's evidence to which Edward has pointed out, where this is happening with vaccines and liberties...

If it's wrong, it's the other sides fault, though the same logic doesn't apply when it's right and the other sides fault...

We are all, just like this Earth, going in circles... clown-squared

• You see, Conservatives are not monolithic and can differentiate between an individual and a group. We encourage it. It is actually possible for someone to back an institution and believe in its mission yet still understand it is made up of people, who may not all represent the best of the institution. This is true of all groups, a simple fact that decimates the talking point and I would have hoped you understood. Just like backing everyone in a group without holding the individual accountable it is also wrong to hold the entire group accountable for bad actions of an individual member. Something dems also get wrong.

So... Like Black Lives Matter (not the "group" or organization, BLM, but the idea/movement)...?

Differentiating between the riots and the actual peaceful protests?

• How long should the public be tolerant of the criminal dangerous destruction of public property. Six months, twelve months? It's OK for an unlimited amount of time?

When is the proper time for the for the protection of innocent people?

• How long should the public be tolerant of the criminal dangerous destruction of public property. Six months, twelve months? It's OK for an unlimited amount of time?

When is the proper time for the for the protection of innocent people?

TODAY….

😬😬😬