LED lighting for windshield?

• Saw a Sling that someone had added LED lighting to the windshield so that the edges were lit in a matching color (red). Looked nice and seemed like it would be a inexpensive, easy add-on. Has anyone done this? It looked like the lighting for the rear Wind restrictors.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -- Edmund Burke

• I'm making a lighted rear windscreen as we speak... 3/8" plexiglass...I have some other ideas I'm thinking about getting a patent..it's Easy to light up the edges....it's only good while you're parked on the front windshield...red lighting on the front would probably be illegal in every state..while driving..

• I'm making a lighted rear windscreen as we speak... 3/8" plexiglass...I have some other ideas I'm thinking about getting a patent..it's Easy to light up the edges....it's only good while you're parked on the front windshield...red lighting on the front would probably be illegal in every state..while driving..

Not to mention you probably can't see crap out of a lit up windshield :whistling:

• Saw a Sling that someone had added LED lighting to the windshield so that the edges were lit in a matching color (red). Looked nice and seemed like it would be a inexpensive, easy add-on. Has anyone done this? It looked like the lighting for the rear Wind restrictors.

Depending on how bright, what your State law says, and what color that one could get you in a lot of trouble with Law Enforcement Officers

• Thanks guys. Let me back up here. Retired LEO. I realize that I can't go down the road with it on, never said that I was planning to. I still have much better lighting to get into trouble with if I wanted that. This was for static display only (car shows, etc). Just asking if anyone had done it and if so, how? I'll just order some cheap light strips and tinker.....

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -- Edmund Burke

• Thanks guys. Let me back up here. Retired LEO. I realize that I can't go down the road with it on, never said that I was planning to. I still have much better lighting to get into trouble with if I wanted that. This was for static display only (car shows, etc). Just asking if anyone had done it and if so, how? I'll just order some cheap light strips and tinker.....

Can't wait to see photos!

• Aobfarm, look at the picture on the right 3/4 way down the page...you can see the LEDs inside the black edging...it serves two purposes...one to attach and hold the LEDs in place and if it's metal it can reinforce the plexiglass...

Also watch the installation video...on that page.

Etched Illuminated WindRestrictor® Brand Rear Wind Deflector for the Polaris Slingshot

I'm not using a metal channel..I'm using rubber....

Now I have a question for you...would driving with the rear windscreen lit up, I'm talking just the edges and they would be red no other etching on it...would that be a problem?

One more thing you will need waterproof LEDs

• Red facing the rear should be no issue obviously, and I would think with it physically being behind the seat that no one would say anything even if part of it could be seen from the front. YMMV

• I understand what lights up. The general rule is Amber from the grill to the middle of the vehicle and red from the middle back to the last inch. Since it will be so far back, I don't think anyone would say anything about it even it is visible from the front. I mean that's hardly your fault is it? :P:D