Slingshot Booze & Blues 2017 (Fri, Sep 29th 2017, 10:03am - Sun, Oct 1st 2017, 2:03pm)

Date

Slingshot Booze & Blues 2017

Fri, Sep 29th 2017, 9:03 am - Sun, Oct 1st 2017, 1:03 pm

103 2nd Street, Clarksville, VA 23927

Participants

18 participants, 32 undecided and 3 do not participate

Closing Date: Sep 23rd 2017, 11:00 pm
  • Made it home around 7:00pm.
    Just want to thank @MACAWS & his lovely wife Colette for putting on such a fantastic event!!! (Can't say thanks enough to you two!!)

It was such a great time, and the ride leaders @Designer & @Firefly did a perfect job of leading the group rides with ZERO issues!! It wasn't easy trying to keep us all corralled in groups!!! Thanks so much @Designer & @Firefly!!!
    By the way @Designer......your suggestion for supper Sunday night in Halifax was spot on brother!!! Best damn supper we had in the four nights we were there!!!!

We really wanted to thank the owners of the two winerys we visited. They were top notch and went out of their way to treat us all as if they'd known us forever. Breakfast at the realtor's was just as impressive!!! We felt like royalty, and even the Mayor was there to welcome us and break bread...er...biscuits with us!!

Just so much to mention but I can't put it all into words. We simply loved the event and loved having the chance to meet you all and put faces to your forum names!!!!
    Just know that you all are welcome to stop in at our homestead any time you are in our neck of the woods!!! As a matter of fact, we would be pissed if we found out you were close by and didn't give us a chance to at least buy ya a burger and frosty beverage or two, or three......
    If you do get out our way, just PM me and I'll make sure you have my info!!!!

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• We were honored that you would travel such a great distance to join us. But you guys need to get a second Slingshot!
    We are happy to add 4 more faces to our ever growing family. Glad you are home safe.
    Colette and I volunteered at our annual Stone Soup Supper fund raiser for SPCA and found out that next year is the 200th anniversary of our little town. Just so happens that there are some special festivities planned during the same time as our annual event. So next year should be even better!

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Glad to hear you made it home safely. It was great to meet you, your wife, your brother and his wife. Hope we get to meet again before next years Booze and Blues. We had a wonderful time and the rides were fantastic.

• Sadly we have to leave the wounderful town of Clarksville and go home. We will leave around 6 am. Thanks to everyone to make this an unvergetable event again. We can't wait for the next visit to here. I'll post more doing the week. :D:thumbsup:

Wishing you and Barbie a safe and enjoyable ride home. Great to see both of you again. Hope to see you soon. Please let us know when you arrive home safely.

• Adam, it was awesome meeting you, your brother and the wives.

Next year, I will make sure to have extra helmets laying around ;).

Thanks so much for the AssBlaster. Proudly displayed in my kitchen.

• Sadly we have to leave the wounderful town of Clarksville and go home. We will leave around 6 am. Thanks to everyone to make this an unvergetable event again. We can't wait for the next visit to here. I'll post more doing the week. :D:thumbsup:

Safe trip to you brother.

You two have a safe drive home!
    Great to see you again my friend

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

Drive safe my friend, and don't forget to let everyone know when your home safe.

Life is simple ... you're either "Qualified or you're Not'

• Just got off the phone with the guy who was sick the whole weekend. He was the red SL with the cover on the whole time. Turns out it was not a cold, but an infection.

He got home yesterday afternoon, and is under doctor's care. Prognosis is 100% good.

He is up for the next track day, so it can't be that bad.

He appreciates the concerns of all.

-e

• Thanks for the update

I think for future events I should do a better job of contact #'s
    this way we can reach out and be of assistance to anyone in a similar situation.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Thanks for the update
    I think for future events I should do a better job of contact #'s
    this way we can reach out and be of assistance to anyone in a similar situation.

You and I need to chat again, again, again. I have a ton of of contact info.

Said crew member, was fine. He was in room #103, and I kept an eye on him. He was in need of nothing. Crew code dictates such. If he needed something which I could not provide, I would have been noisy. I am not shy. You know that.