Demon Speed Shop Steering Wheel/Hub

• I have had the flat bottom Demon wheel with detachable hub on my SS for about a year. There is some play in the hub, but I haven't compared it to any other brand as I have the only one in my area. Installation of a small electrical connector (for both horn wires - I used one like for the battery in RC cars) is needed to allow removal of the wheel. While I wish there wasn't any play, I am used to it and it doesn't affect my enjoyment of driving my SS. The flat bottom on the smaller diameter (than OE) wheel makes getting in and out much easier for me. The horn button on mine is "RS". A SS is available and Demon said they would send one, but I haven't received it.

• I have had the flat bottom Demon wheel with detachable hub on my SS for about a year. There is some play in the hub, but I haven't compared it to any other brand as I have the only one in my area. Installation of a small electrical connector (for both horn wires - I used one like for the battery in RC cars) is needed to allow removal of the wheel. While I wish there wasn't any play, I am used to it and it doesn't affect my enjoyment of driving my SS. The flat bottom on the smaller diameter (than OE) wheel makes getting in and out much easier for me. The horn button on mine is "RS". A SS is available and Demon said they would send one, but I haven't received it.

hm....steering play is something i can't stand.

Do you mean play like when you turn the steering wheel or as you pull/push it?

Also did you have this with the stock and have you had your recalls done?

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• Recalls are all done. Cycle Springs. The play is a bit of fore/aft (push/pull) movement in the hub. There is very little rotational play. But whatever there is is all in the hub. The SS linkage itself is tight.

• I bought the adapter from Demon's two years ago. It was not quite tall enough to make the install work right for me as the horn would go off whenever it felt like it. To his credit, when I saw a good price on red QA1 shocks and different cup holders on his site, Chris made it up to me even though it was probably close to a year later. I was also pleased when calling him I didn't know he was three hours different time zone from me but he answered his cell from call forward. I wound up getting the Assault adapter and got what I paid for.