Proof of Concept - Yeah, I was bored

• Yep - this is a heat management related discussion.

Starting to warm up this week in NC. Forgot how warm the footwell gets. I added the Welter rear exhaust in early Spring and really like them but it seems to have added some heat to the transmission tunnel.

Last year I thought about ways to get fresh or cooler air into the footwell. Looked at the air ducts others put in, thought about electric fans, new windshields etc.

The one thought that kept coming back was some type of air scoop attached to the underside of the mirror support bracket that tapers into a tube and curves over (or through) the frame rail and dumps into the footwell.

I invision a nice molded plastic piece that blends in as though it was an original molding piece from the factory.

Well, I can't make anything close to what I see in my head.

But, I thought I should try and prove if the concept would work.

So I made a very rudimentary, clumsy and inexpensive "proof of concept model" out of basic PVC pieces and attached to the Slingshot.

Well it seems to do a decent job - at 40 mph, the air coming through felt like a car AC vent on medium or a little better.

Unlike the air wings, this approach directs the air at you lower legs. Would love to see a vendor take a shot and making something more finished or take a more serious approach to some other vent / scoop approach that dumps into the footwell.

Have a good laugh at the pics. May leave on for a few days then remove to see if I feel the difference.

Been running these in the FL heat since just after taking delivery in 2015 .....

Used two 3 inch to 2-1/2 inch silicone hose reducer 90* elbows (one for each side) ....drilled a hole for a zip tie..... stuck them in between the frame rails....zip tied them to one of the rails.

They would probably stay put without the zip tie but with you can move them around and adjust/direct/stop the airflow without risk of them falling out.

Produces a constant flushing flow of fresh air when moving ..... not a wind blast but a noticeable improvement that strangely does not ramp up with speed .... the fenders probably block more as speed increases ..

Even most other owners don't notice them without pointing them out ....

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• Several ways to get air in the foot wells... here is another one from @Samowens44. He modified this one from his original install by adding a blower, but the tubing is simple enough.

Check out My build pictures, I think there was a picture of mine. Just a piece of 1 1/2 inch pvc and a 90. I now have a little different set up now but both are installed on the mirror stalks. Look me up at SSITS. Do not even bother with the fender vents, there is no air down there. I can show you just how little there is. The hole in the 15 and 16 models. I was wrong there are no pictures of either vent

• If the transmission tunnel plastic is getting hot your wrapped pipe is more than likely touching the plastic. I'm 90% sure this is the case. take a look at it. If it's only barely touching you can either be in the bracket in the back my hand to give it away or else readjust the pipes moving/ bending the hanger bracket is easiest. Call me and I can walk you thru this if u like.