Summit Point, WV Track Day (Sun, Jun 18th 2016, 7:00am - 6:00pm) (Sun, Jun 18th 2017, 7:00am - 7:00pm)

Date

Summit Point, WV Track Day (Sun, Jun 18th 2016, 7:00am - 6:00pm)

Sun, Jun 18th 2017, 6:00 am - 6:00 pm

201 Motorsports Park Cir, Summit Point, WV 25446, USA

Participants

5 participants, 30 undecided and 4 do not participate

Closing Date: Jun 18th 2017, 6:00 am
  • @MACAWS this flip phone will bring you into the 21st century while providing the warm antiquated feel you have come to prefer. ;)

Meet the Galaxy Folder 2, Samsung’s new Android flip phone – BGR

Thanks @WOLF
    But those are the features I am trying to avoid. I work on a laptop 15 plus hours a day. When I walk away from my desk the last thing I want is email / text messages or any other distractions. No offence to anyone but every where I go I see people with their heads down pecking away at their phones. I just don't want to be one of them. I think the technology is very cool butt the addiction is something I want to avoid. Yep I am the old fart odd duck!
    Please I hope no one is offended by my comments it is a personal opinion.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I completely understand and respect your position Mitch. It can be hard at times of boredom, not to just whip it out. When in groups I use it for pics and topic relavent searches. I like the quick argument settling with a smart phone. People can no longer sit there thinking they know better than me, because a quick Google search proves me right, again. :D Smart phones are a great price matching/ beating tool. However they do allow you to shop online 24/7, so it is usually a net loss. || The three main reasons I like my smart phone is music storing/playing(mine has a quad DAC), navigation and a camera that beats a lot of stand alone cameras. It's no DSLR, but it takes great shots and is much more convenient to carry all day.

• Thanks @WOLFBut those are the features I am trying to avoid. I work on a laptop 15 plus hours a day. When I walk away from my desk the last thing I want is email / text messages or any other distractions. No offence to anyone but every where I go I see people with their heads down pecking away at their phones. I just don't want to be one of them. I think the technology is very cool butt the addiction is something I want to avoid. Yep I am the old fart odd duck!

I still have your last phone Mitch. It still works fine

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Thanks @WOLFBut those are the features I am trying to avoid. I work on a laptop 15 plus hours a day. When I walk away from my desk the last thing I want is email / text messages or any other distractions. No offence to anyone but every where I go I see people with their heads down pecking away at their phones. I just don't want to be one of them. I think the technology is very cool butt the addiction is something I want to avoid. Yep I am the old fart odd duck!

I approve of this message, I do not text or do voice mail. If I do not answer the phone you had better call back latter or else you will not get me either.

• Nothing wrong with going old school with the phone. Yes, it can be addictive and rarely in a healthy way. I rely on mine way too much to give it up because it remembers all the important stuff that I always forget, but sometimes I like it when I can't get a signal. ^^

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."
    ― Douglas Adams

• Here is another tidbit for inquiring minds:

Rocky burned 15+ gallons of gas just at the track. I burned 3 or so.

Wow. If my calculations are even close to accurate, that means @TheRock was averaging less than 7 mpg! I thought that couldn't be, but using the same numbers, @ethermion would have averaged close to 30 mpg which seems a little high but still in the expected ballpark. Jeeezzz! Just one more reason I don't think I will ever add a Turbo. :)

Since we're on the topic of MPG, I noticed something very weird with my number. I filled up my tank when we broke out for lunch on Track Day and the next time I filled up, on Tuesday, my average on the gauges read 30mpg. This is odd, because I didn't reset anything, I ran 2-3 sessions on the track after the fill up, and drove home on back roads, as usual. What's weird is that I have never averaged more than 27, even on my previous SS, so how could I get 30, especially after running hard on the track? Scooby Doo! Where are you?!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."
    ― Douglas Adams

• I stuffed the shit out of my tank.

Only got 94miles out of it and that was fumes when I got to the seven eleven to fill up.

• stuffed the shit out of my tank.

Only got 94miles out of it and that was fumes when I got to the seven eleven to fill up.

Sounds like you got close to 10mpg. Not sure how you guys burned that much fuel. I probably went through half a tank, so that would put me on the low 20s. Maybe the difference is how hard you and @TheRock pushed the straights to the last moment.

― Douglas Adams

• Sounds like you got close to 10mpg. Not sure how you guys burned that much fuel. I probably went through half a tank, so that would put me on the low 20s. Maybe the difference is how hard you and @TheRock pushed the straights to the last moment.

I normally get 28-33mpg when I commute back and forth to work. Last tank I got 31.1mpg per my app.

• Here is a different view. This is the second to last session of the day. @Gadgeteer is the copilot on this one, I'm chasing @Jdin around the track. DAMN!!! Joe is quick. I had such a blast chasing him though!! :D@ethermion is also on the track, other than that, it's just us 3. The Invaders had gone home at this point in the day due to some mechanical difficulties. Enjoy!!

• Here is a different view. This is the second to last session of the day. @Gadgeteer is the copilot on this one, I'm chasing @Jdin around the track. DAMN!!! Joe is quick. I had such a blast chasing him though!! :D@ethermion is also on the track, other than that, it's just us 3. The Invaders had gone home at this point in the day due to some mechanical difficulties. Enjoy!!

Damn man! Thanks for sharing :). What a blast and awesome view.

I can't wait for my boost. @TheRock