Slingshade gone?

• My local dealer here in Texas (Grapevine Powersports) will be having the Polaris Demo truck on Tue and Wed April 25th and 26th. Grapevine will be the first stop for the Demo in Texas. They are telling my dealer they will have the all new SL GT LE. This edition is the one that will have the new “Sling shade” top.

• My local dealer here in Texas (Grapevine Powersports) will be having the Polaris Demo truck on Tue and Wed April 25th and 26th. Grapevine will be the first stop for the Demo in Texas. They are telling my dealer they will have the all new SL GT LE. This edition is the one that will have the new “Sling shade” top.

They will have this. It was originally supposed to have the shade but that idea has been scratched since the Sling was ready to go but the shade isn't.

• The dealer we use usually has 4 on the lot, and its usually one from each model year.. ( a broader spectrum of affordable options for customers I assume, since they get more expensive every year)

Me personally, I havent always been pleased with the length of time the service took... but they seem to do good work. They sell off road, slingshot, victory, and new chevys. One side of the lot is cars, the other is play toys... I dont see them not selling slingshots unless polaris quits shipping them slingshots.

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

• got the email & deleted it as quick as I received..Polaris is out of control, Little obvious what the 1 vehicle working for them is...... IMHO it's an Fugly color and the white panels do nothing for me <X Think it would be sharper w/black panels....Sorry I was told to never lie.... :whistling::00008084:

I Have No more toys, just memories.... :/

• got the email & deleted it as quick as I received..Polaris is out of control, Little obvious what the 1 vehicle working for them is...... IMHO it's an Fugly color and the white panels do nothing for me <X Think it would be sharper w/black panels....Sorry I was told to never lie.... :whistling::00008084:

Yeah it's a pointless combo since they have the red and black sunset red 2017. This is just a salvage attempt since these were to have a top. Yes I'm bitter.

• It does match the Alabama Crimson Tide theme though....

but I never cared for those panels at all... white especially. If you stop and look, each large polymer piece requires an injection mold (not cheap), and a machine contracted to run said mold (also not cheap). If the pieces are small, then a mold could mold say... 2 or 4 pieces each machine cycle... but each large piece means quarter million dollar mold.

Seems pretty stupid to me to have those stripes when they could have eliminated one possibly two large molds.

I suppose the stripes keep in theme with an actual slingshot kind of look..but one wheel in rear and two up front paints a pretty good slingshot feel, doesnt it? If I had my druthers.... the hood would be minus the stripes, and the hood would just be a continuation from front to back.. however i do like the fake vents... go figure.

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

Okay George, you can put down the ax. Never got a cherry and even Martha gave it up before you... consequences of life.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS: