Who already has over 400HP Slingshot to the wheel?

• Not into anything drag tbh, but pretty sure to get into tens, some serious tought has to be put on grip and aerodynamic drag. The SS just gets to a point where around 210km/h you feel like the hood wants to rip off, then front end is all over the place and even if you had 1000hp its like pushing thru a concrete wall.

By removing the fenders behind the front wheels I removed most of the drag and lift problem of the hood. Really simple mod that cost me about 30.00.

• By removing the fenders behind the front wheels I removed most of the drag and lift problem of the hood. Really simple mod that cost me about 30.00.

What cost $30 to remove the splash guard. This is something already part of my build. But Did you buy something to put in place? Or what? I see something white on your pics where splash guard goes. Any info would be appreciated.

Slingshot LIFE!!! #SlingshotHouston Find us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Youtube

• 10s are definitely possible in the Slingshot.

Get around 400hp, an auto trans, and a really good drag radial (345/50/18).

Roadracing is still a lot more fun! [/b]

Owner of Slingshot #263 that has some stock parts left on it. :D

• 10s are definitely possible in the Slingshot.

Get around 400hp, an auto trans, and a really good drag radial (345/50/18).

Roadracing is still a lot more fun! [/b]

Trav - I have to agree with you - when you have something that can out handle most cars why just drive it in a straight line for a few seconds.

Funny thing is I have the same argument with my sister and her husband who race Pro - mods They say if you can turn the wheel you aren't going fast enough. When the real trick is going fast enough and still being able to turn.

But everyone has their passion.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Dont get me wrong, I'm a drag racing fan too and enjoy any seat time I can get at the dragstrip. There is a real art to getting down the track quickly and consistently. It probably takes as much skill as being a good road course driver.

My point is, that the Slingshot is naturally a pretty dang good track vehicle. With some mods it can keep up with some very quick vehicles.

The Slingshot isn't a naturally talented drag vehicle. It's a limited traction vehicle with poor drag and a manual gearbox.

A Slingshot setup for a roadtrack translates well to the street. A Slingshot setup for drag looks like poop and probably doesn't drive that great.

• @TravAZ I am wondering what setup about a slingshot for drag strip makes it look like poop? Do you mean the Drag tire mounted on the back? I added mine with how I run it on 1/4 mile. I use other tires for street and getting another set of tires for the road course I am taking it on in May.

Files

Slingshot LIFE!!! #SlingshotHouston Find us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Youtube

• Poop. Yes, I am just talking about running the correct wheel and tire combos. Mainly just the big sidewall rear tire.

Not so much poop.

Yes, you can easily switch rim/tire combos out fairly easy. But, you need a place to store 3 sets of wheels (at least rears) and the $$$ to do so. With decent street tires, you can hit a roadcourse track day and be pretty competitive and have a bunch of fun. Street tires at the dragstrip is a good way to spin halfway down the 1/4 and make a 14 second pass.

All racing is fun, but I am a firm believer that you get way better bang for your buck at track days. 4 sessions that are 20min a piece. OR 6 runs that are 14 seconds a piece. I think one is more appealing.

• Is the road course in may a group thing @SilverCarbon???

I might be interested... Is there any local thing (Dallas, San Antonio, Austin, Houston area) we can do similar to @TheRock, @ethermion, and the rest of the Wrecking Crew (which I am happy and lucky to say I am a part of and will make every effort to join/ride with next year) do?

I was just going to go myself. Last time I mentioned not enough people want to go. I think only one other person said the were interested. So....Yeah I will post up when I go.

• Well the numbers are finally in!!...... you can officially add another to the 4++ to the rear wheel!! LOADED...