Slingshots Booze & Blues (Thu, Sep 22nd 2016, 8:00am - Sun, Sep 25th 2016, 8:00pm)

Date

Slingshots Booze & Blues

Thu, Sep 22nd 2016, 8:00 am - Sun, Sep 25th 2016, 8:00 pm

Clarksville, VA 23927, USA

Participants

24 participants, 0 undecided and 0 do not participate

Closing Date: Sep 22nd 2016, 8:00 am
  • Well, looks like you guys are stuck with us after all. We'll be there for Saturday and Sunday to meet all of you fine folks. :D

What she said. We'll have the 2- and 3-yr-old with us, because we wanted to have a little family adventure and not leave them out of it. They love "Daddy's trike," so hopefully they're stoked by this chance to see a bunch all at once. We'll try to take part in a couple events locally, but we'll have to pass on the Sling runs for now. Still, looking forward to meeting folks and putting names and faces together with the online personalities.

• We are so glad you are coming!
    Let me know if you are taking the little ones on the boat rides Sunday so I can make sure we have some youth life jackets

Some of the best characters of our forum will be here so I am sure you will have a great time. Let me know if I can help with anything.

Mitch

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• We are so glad you are coming!
    Let me know if you are taking the little ones on the boat rides Sunday so I can make sure we have some youth life jackets

We do intend to try to come out in the boats on Sunday. The kids will have their life vests on, but they're not coast-guard approved versions. Our kids are really long and skinny...good luck finding something that fits!

We will have fun. Heather and I can have fun just about anywhere. Hopefully the kids dig it and don't melt down too bad. At least we're in the Magnuson, so we don't have far to go for nap time....

• Our original responses totaled 34 with our crew

As far as people who have responded 14 plus our crew of 5
    3 confirmed canceled and 2 maybe's

There are 4 people who said they are coming but are not on either forum so I would say we are safe at 20- 25 Slings

Since we did not charge a registration fee we do not have a list to call or email.

our target was 30 and this puts us pretty close

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• We are getting excited, I just would like to share our Honeymoon Trip (after 25 years) . We gonna to leave the house on the 15th of September and get back on the 26th of September,
    Here is a Map of our planed trip.

You youngsters travel safe and behave.
    We will see you on stop #4
    Looking forward to meeting you and the famous Barbie

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• We are ecstatic to have you join us - but you will be singing the blues.....

I've loved the blues since childhood, when it was so interwoven into the rock n' roll of the day. I was a mere 13 years old when I rode my bike to the record store and bought Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd. Suddenly, bubblegum AM radio had fallen clean off my radar, and David Gilmour's smoking blues riffs on the WYWH album transformed my still-forming ideas about what great music could really be. It would still be a few years before my tastes and music knowledge would reveal that what I loved about that album more than anything was its heavy blues influence, but I knew what I liked listening to, even if I was yet to learn where the style came from or what it was called.

I will never forget that young man laying in his bed with the FM transistor radio on at night, transported to another place and another dimension, simply astounded at the sheer beauty and emotion of what I was hearing. I knew then and there, I simply HAD to own that album. We can only discover things for the first time once, and those memories are etched in my brain as if it happened only yesterday. Thanks for bringing me back to that!

• We are a few weeks out and I have to make some final commitments to our sponsors.
    First off I want to thank everyone for their support, some of you are driving great distances to join us and I can not thank you enough. We wanted to put on an event that left everyone choices as to how they spent their time and not charge any registration fees. We have a lot of competition with bigger organized events yet you chose us and for that I am thankful.

Once again I am asking that if you have not completed the survey to confirm you are coming and which events you would like to participate in - PLEASE DO SO THIS WEEK.
    For those of you who have responded Thank You!

Remember if we have a good showing it will help us get more support and better options for future events.

I would like to give special thanks to a few of you who have gone above and beyond to help.

@mytoy for his generous donation of German Beer and glasses
    @ethermion for his tenacious recruiting efforts
    Designer and @Firefly for all their help in setting up rides
    @Clueless for his help in getting the word out
    @Noel Hughes for bringing his crew and all the great products for us to buy
    @Bill from Hahn RaceCraft for his support and his great performance products

I am looking forward to seeing all of you
    Once again thank you so much

Mitch

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!