Spring ID - need confirmation

• Great. I hAve your address but it would take me hours to find it. PM it to me and I'll get them out tomorrow.

And... Sorry, but not my paint but Factory Red!

well does drastically reduce the value but OK...
    Thanks!
    The red should match my Sling then. Will look good next to the Silver QA1 springs and the silver hood decal.

Win ... Win!

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• Well the setup has been tested and works great. I'm debating doing a DIY thread only for one reason. The compression and the removal and then the installation of the new springs up front is rather tricky if you don't have the correct tools. I made it work buying the spring compression tool from your local auto parts store ($34) but was larger than it should have been and required a good deal of modification just to get it to hold in place. The springs have to be compressed a good bit to slide the retainer plate in and out. If I do a thread I'm going to purchase the correct (SAFE) compressor or find a simpler way the average joe can do this if they like.

As for performance improvement...... it has been worth every penny and time spent.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• the rear remained stock. I just cut down the OE mount the needed amount to equal out the front spring drop. Should still clear the tire with no problem.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• no. That red spring is the stock one Jim sent me. It's the mount that I modified. I posted an explanation in the other thread regarding adding width to the stock wheels.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• Yeah, I was surprised at how difficult it was to compress the front springs too. I Jerry rigged a setup using a strut spring compressor, but as you mentioned, it's not made for a small diameter spring as on the front ones. I thought about purchasing a motorcycle spring compressor but I don't think that it would have been heavy duty enough. I wound up putting a couple of Nick's in my new powder coating. The rear one was a breeze though.

• yes.. if a kit was to be made this issue would need to be addressed. The problem then becomes liability if an accident happens. If you supply a compressor in your kit that opens up a big can of worms. Leave that part out and offer no explanation as to how to swap the springs and you piss off customers.
    Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
    Currently looking at a much simpler way.

(Slingshot Owners Group)