SUPERS ONLY

• For you guys with these Welter exhaust what kind of windshields are you running with them I have a madstad 13 inch now with the stock exhaust and every time I floor It i get exhaust fumes in the cab bad from all the air rushing in so what kind of exhaust fumes are you guys dealing with. I'm trying to decide what exhaust to mount with my new supercharger I'm going to put in I don't want loud and I want less exhaust fumes than the stock exhaust with taller shield

• I have the Madstad 9" and I'm running it at it's highest level to allow maximum air flow (I have the Twisted Dynamics top) I also have the Baker wings (helps keep my legs and feet cool only) and the Wind Restrictor
    I love the Welter 2.5 Dual but "Don't" get the Welter if you want quite and no fumes.
    I don't mind some minor fumes which I have now (it's like a gasoline golf cart amount of fumes).
    I installed the uncut DB killers in my duals and its still pretty load. (the sound is intoxicating though)
    Not sure how I'm going to work it when I get my SC.....I also needed the back pressure right now...I had some backfiring without the killers.

• I just finished installing the 2.5 " Welter and absolutely love it. It is quieter than stock to me until you accelerate and then it is loud. Cruising, I'm able to hear my passenger without them having to raise their voice and the stereo is played several levels lower than what it was with the stock exhaust. My other half Lynn, loves how quiet it is driving normally and how loud it gets when hammering it. I have an F4 windshield (stock height) and a V Back top and not having an issue with fumes other than from it being a new exhaust. I can't handle fumes and was told that with my windshield and top it wouldn't be a problem and he was right. I Initially had a hard time with clearance until I spoke with Jeff and he explained what I needed to do to correct it. Great system and great guy to deal with. Can't wait for the Alpha S/C kit!!! :thumbup:

• I just finished installing the 2.5 " Welter and absolutely love it. It is quieter than stock to me until you accelerate and then it is loud. Cruising, I'm able to hear my passenger without them having to raise their voice and the stereo is played several levels lower than what it was with the stock exhaust. My other half Lynn, loves how quiet it is driving normally and how loud it gets when hammering it. I have an F4 windshield (stock height) and a V Back top and not having an issue with fumes other than from it being a new exhaust. I can't handle fumes and was told that with my windshield and top it wouldn't be a problem and he was right. I Initially had a hard time with clearance until I spoke with Jeff and he explained what I needed to do to correct it. Great system and great guy to deal with. Can't wait for the Alpha S/C kit!!! :thumbup:

AWSOME put up a few pics when you have time.

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.

I'm glad you were able to get it all packed in there! It is a really good set up, and amazingly designed IMHO. It sneaks and squeaks through some very tight spots under the Slingshot. Ran with baffles out yet?

Alpha Supercharger is still spinning fine... it gets rode hard, every time.

• Having some issues with fumes now with my Welter Duals. I have the V Back Top and stock height F4 windshield. Talked to Jeff and trying a few things to help eliminate the fumes. Put some turn down extensions and they helped but still too much. I don't really want to put a windscreen on but might not have a choice. Will post more as I make changes.

• Having some issues with fumes now and my Welter Duals. I have the V Back Top and stock height F4 windshield. Talked to Jeff and trying a few things to help eliminate the fumes. Put some turn down extensions and they helped but still too much. I don't really want to put a windscreen on but might not have a choice. Will post more as I make changes.

Did Jeff tell you that Tops interrupt the flow of air and wind over the Sling and may pull back some of the fumes? Some of that smell will dissipate over time. When I first had mine installed (a little over a week ago), I had the smell of the wrap and sealant swirling back into the cockpit. I have the Stinger top. About a week or so of riding, and some of the smell is gone. I think they call it "Burn In". Trust me, the smell does go away! Give it some time. In the mean time, get in as much riding as you can. Concentrate on the amount of fumes you are still smelling. Make note of any dissipation. Sooner or later, it goes away...and then you're left with the sweet sounds of the Duel Exhaust with little or no discomfort of the smell!!!!!!!!

• Did Jeff tell you that Tops interrupt the flow of air and wind over the Sling and may pull back some of the fumes? Some of that smell will dissipate over time. When I first had mine installed (a little over a week ago), I had the smell of the wrap and sealant swirling back into the cockpit. I have the Stinger top. About a week or so of riding, and some of the smell is gone. I think they call it "Burn In". Trust me, the smell does go away! Give it some time. In the mean time, get in as much riding as you can. Concentrate on the amount of fumes you are still smelling. Make note of any dissipation. Sooner or later, it goes away...and then you're left with the sweet sounds of the Duel Exhaust with little or no discomfort of the smell!!!!!!!!

Appreciate the input and yes I spoke to Jeff several times. Glad he has a lot of patience. lol Waiting on a call from him now as he knew from the beginning that I have a top on it and he's been great. I love the set up but just need to get it right. I have over 400 miles on it so the burn in, or burn off, is finished and what I'm smelling is definitely exhaust. I'm confident well get it resolved and I agree that it's a great sounding exhaust.

• No problem. Jeff at Welter Performance is absolutely going out of the way to help me resolve this! Incredible concern for customer satisfaction and as a result I can't say enough about how well I've been treated. As it stands right now I'm waiting on the arrival of parts to eliminate this issue. Will definitely keep you posted.

• @Texas T, I know you said you didn't feel a big difference between the 2" and the 2.5", so would you saw they're about the same? The reason I ask is because I'll get the exhaust first, then after a few months, get the supercharger. Just wanted to make sure it didn't have any bad characteristics that would make living with 2.5" terrible for those months.

Thanks!

• @Texas T, I know you said you didn't feel a big difference between the 2" and the 2.5", so would you saw they're about the same? The reason I ask is because I'll get the exhaust first, then after a few months, get the supercharger. Just wanted to make sure it didn't have any bad characteristics that would make living with 2.5" terrible for those months.

Thanks!

Yeah, not a reason in the word to start with 2 inch if you have plans on supercharger or turbo. 2.5 has a deeper rumble anyway! You would hate yourself to have to install twice :) trust me...

• No problem. Jeff at Welter Performance is absolutely going out of the way to help me resolve this! Incredible concern for customer satisfaction and as a result I can't say enough about how well I've been treated. As it stands right now I'm waiting on the arrival of parts to eliminate this issue. Will definitely keep you posted.

Putting the cat back on?