Summit Point, WV Track Day (Sun, Apr 24th 2016, 8:00am - 8:00pm)

Date

Summit Point, WV Track Day

Sun, Apr 24th 2016, 8:00 am - 8:00 pm

Summit Point Motorsports Park 201 Motorsports Park Circle Summit Point, WV 25446

Participants

3 participants, 0 undecided and 0 do not participate

Closing Date: Apr 24th 2016, 8:00 am
  • Just got home from Summit - traffic on 95 and a few stops - 5+ hour drive
    What a great day and a super bunch of people. You could not ask for better weather or better company. Thanks to TheRock for putting it together and thanks to everyone who showed up. Got to meet Wolf - such a nice guy and Turbosling another great individual. I have to get some work done but once I catch up I will post pictures. Not sure about video it shows off my lack of driving talent. Next time we have one of these I hope more of you guys and gals can come it is a great experience. One thing I did notice is that the Slingshot group were more like family than any other group. - I am proud to be one of you!
    Thanks again for a great day!

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Just got home from Summit - traffic on 95 and a few stops - 5+ hour drive
    What a great day and a super bunch of people. You could not ask for better weather or better company. Thanks to TheRock for putting it together and thanks to everyone who showed up. Got to meet Wolf - such a nice guy and Turbosling another great individual. I have to get some work done but once I catch up I will post pictures. Not sure about video it shows off my lack of driving talent. Next time we have one of these I hope more of you guys and gals can come it is a great experience. One thing I did notice is that the Slingshot group were more like family than any other group. - I am proud to be one of you!
    Thanks again for a great day!

@MACAWS was a life saver yesterday! You're a hero for sure! It was pretty scary having squishy brakes and your mobile shop with the beautiful Macaws Racing theme was a wonder. Thank you so much to everyone that helped with my stupid pre track decision. @TheRock  WOLF @Tango  Turbosling

• Officially jealous! Looks like you and Lewis had a great time. Thanks for posting up the video brother.

I had several folks come and tell me they had a great time. There were some who said they were a bit on the fence, but ended up having an absolute blast. You can just about drive as slow as you want or as fast as you want, plenty of track for everyone...

The only thing is some folks need to learn some track etiquette. There were some Invaders that weren't as fast as Dharma or myself, and instead of just letting us go around them and continue about our way, they tried to play NASCAR, making for a couple hairy situations. It's not Race Day, it's Track Day. Everyone is there to ride their own ride, if the rider behind you is faster, simply move to the side, allow them to overtake and continue on. This also takes the pressure off you to try to be faster than you are... that's when $h!t happens!!

• I had several folks come and tell me they had a great time. There were some who said they were a bit on the fence, but ended up having an absolute blast. You can just about drive as slow as you want or as fast as you want, plenty of track for everyone...

The only thing is some folks need to learn some track etiquette. There were some Invaders that weren't as fast as Dharma or myself, and instead of just letting us go around them and continue about our way, they tried to play NASCAR, making for a couple hairy situations. It's not Race Day, it's Track Day. Everyone is there to ride their own ride, if the rider behind you is faster, simply move to the side, allow them to overtake and continue on. This also takes the pressure off you to try to be faster than you are... that's when $h!t happens!!

Nice post. It was a blast. Seems like I said it 10x times. It was a blast, so now 11x.

I was the... Least fast, but tried my best to not get in the way of the more capable. All slings were cool. Invaders were irritating me. Several times, they tried to pass, failed and we were neck and neck playing chicken as the track narrowed for a turn. Not necessary.

I think the invaders had a marketing plan, which had contrary objectives to having a fun safe time. Can't post a promo vid of eating sling dust.

• Nice post. It was a blast. Seems like I said it 10x times. It was a blast, so now 11x.

I was the... Least fast, but tried my best to not get in the way of the more capable. All slings were cool. Invaders were irritating me. Several times, they tried to pass, failed and we were neck and neck playing chicken as the track narrowed for a turn. Not necessary.

I think the invaders had a marketing plan, which had contrary objectives to having a fun safe time. Can't post a promo vid of eating sling dust.

Thanks for calling me out on the pass! I'm sorry for being too aggressive. It's easy to get caught up in it all. Please feel free to point out anything stupid I'm doing at any time :D

• Naw, not calling you out. The track was hard for my brain, and I don't think I was processing all data. I think I was unnecessarily in the middle of a straight when you tried to get by. Reality might be less dramatic than I recall. Trying to compile memories and learn lessons for next time.

I am not shy. If I was to call you out, it would have been in person, not here.

Nice to see you and your lovely bride again! We need to plan another ride. Seriously.

• Naw, not calling you out. The track was hard for my brain, and I don't think I was processing all data. I think I was unnecessarily in the middle of a straight when you tried to get by. Reality might be less dramatic than I recall. Trying to compile memories and learn lessons for next time.

I am not shy. If I was to call you out, it would have been in person, not here.

Nice to see you and your lovely bride again! We need to plan another ride. Seriously.

Absolutely! We need to plan another get together!

• @MACAWS was a life saver yesterday! You're a hero for sure! It was pretty scary having squishy brakes and your mobile shop with the beautiful Macaws Racing theme was a wonder. Thank you so much to everyone that helped with my stupid pre track decision. @TheRock @WOLF @Tango @Turbosling

Hey brother - we are all one big happy family - glad we got good use out of the trailer, I promise to add the missing tools and locktite before the next event. Think we will trade the hacket in for a good mallet.
    Had a blast - can't wait till we get together again.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• To my friend, the Rock:

He hosts, he wrenches, he drives like a SOB.
    My canoe camping groups annual fundraiser was great but looks like you had a blast. This old man is going to have to sharpen his skills and I'm sure you will help do that like you do with the wrenching.
    I know Sandy Hall, the owner of Tanom and his factory is 15 minutes from my house so if the gang wants to make a list of issues I will present it to him personally. He is a decent guy who sounds like had a less than stellar day. Last year he invited me to join him on a similar track day which I couldn't attend when he saw my Sling in front of the local rental store. I think all of us need to take a step back from some of the conflicts in our Sling community such as differences with vendors, competitors, forums, etc. and give Sandy credit for trying to bring a product to market without the resources Polaris has. He might even have better quality control, LOL. Besides, we always have our political "leaders" to divide us.
    Once again, congrats on what looked to me like a great time you set up based on all the comments here. Now be ready for more wrenching as I have more goodies coming (cosmetic ones).

• I don't remember who needed a mallet - but seems that my tool inventory was lacking on a few points. I didn't have a mallet or hammer but there was a hatchet in the back of my truck. - became the joke of the day - box full of tools and the hatchet is the most used... I was thinking of having the SS logo engraved on it!

But as soon as I unload and clean the trailer I will be updating my tool inventory.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!