Article says bleak outlook for Polaris Slingshot if recalls keep happening

• "While that problem didn't hurt Polaris like the stop sale/stop ride order it issued for its RZR this past summer, a recall that has dragged down earnings across the year, Slingshots also aren't as critical to its operations like the side-by-sides are. Yet it does the Slingshot brand no good to continue having manufacturing defects that require owners to keep bringing their vehicles in for repair. If it wants to grow the three-wheeler into something bigger, it needs to address the underlying problem and do so quickly."

This last paragraph from the article is interesting. Especially for those of us that had the opportunity to participate in the hour long surveys they had here recently. The survey mostly consisted of why we were attracted to the sling as well as why we purchased, what we liked, and would we buy again. If so, what features would we like to see. They did not want to hear about any issues most of us have experienced. The interviewer pretty much skated around those subjects whenever they came up.
    Polaris doesn't really address or even acknowledge these issues in an open forum. That's the one thing about owning a Polaris that I have not liked. I suppose it's because of the level of customer support I get from my automobiles that I expect the same level of access to customer support from Polaris and their dealerships. Except for @Noel Hughes and a couple of others, too many of us don't have the level of service available to them and we sit around frustrated and waiting. I personally feel that Polaris kind of sweeps things under the rug until in becomes a serious (we may kill someone) issue before they address it. But again, the time it takes and the constant having to take it back to dealer and wait (in some instances weeks or months) to get your vehicle back is something that I (for one) am not really happy about. ||

• Lots of $$$ at stake here fellas!! Polaris doesn't have a fix for the swingarm - I DONT THINK SO!! They know exactly what is wrong and how to fix it. With no one losing their life to a manufacturing defect (yet) they are trying to spread out their losses out as far as possible to keep stocks from diving and pacify shareholders. Whether or not we, the owners, are happy is very low on the totem pole :(

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Unfortunately, you seem to be very correct Bill. They had better realize that the owners are the front line sales people. We can't stop anywhere without a tour of the bike to someone or some group! The owners alone could sink the sling with adverse publicity.