SLINGSHOTS IN THE SMOKIES 2016 (Tue, May 31st 2016 - Sun, Jun 5th 2016)

Date

SLINGSHOTS IN THE SMOKIES 2016

Tue, May 31st 2016 - Sun, Jun 5th 2016

Maggie Valley, NC, USA

Participants

19 participants, 0 undecided and 0 do not participate

Closing Date: May 30th 2016, 7:00 pm
  • You should have turned on all of those Tricled lights so everyone could see you

yeah I had every damn light I could think of on ... but it felt like a boat sometimes with the hydroplaning. it also doesn't give you any warning... just traction then NO traction and sliding right

• yeah I had every damn light I could think of on ... but it felt like a boat sometimes with the hydroplaning. it also doesn't give you any warning... just traction then NO traction and sliding right

That's why I left on Saturday-no rain the whole way back...Sundays forecast was for a washout on most of the trip. Thanks again for letting me ride along to the dinner.

• I know that it rained really bad on most that left out on Sunday. But I do want people to remember how beautiful it was each day up there. I will say that it only rained on me Wednesday or Thursday(cant remember) after 2 pm.

If you didn't come because you looked at the weather channel and saw a chance of rain then you really missed out.

The rides (or at least mine that I led) were over and people were back at the hotel by 1 each day. I guess that would be why we call the the fast rides.... But seriously we never got rained on and it was so nice each day...

I actually didn't even care when i did get caught in the rain the one time. And that is saying a lot.... I HATE RAIN...

I guess the best part of the rain was NOT having to keep my bike all clean and pretty.... I just let it get dirtier and dirtier each day....

• Even if it did rain on your rides we were going to fast to ever get wet. Or we would just have dried off from the sheer speed!
    I can't thank you enough for an absolutely exhilarating ride. My wife had a blast and now instead of telling me the speed limit she says can't you drive like Rab you are going to slow....

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Hey I also wanted to let @FunCycle know that anytime he wants to ride in my fast group he needs to be up front.....

I had his front spoiler up my a$$ the whole skyway ride. THE ONLY time I would get away from him was when I would mash the gas and my turbo would allow mw to slip away. But it wasn't but a few seconds and he would be right on my butt again.

Dont ever judge a book by its gray beard.... :D:D

He has skills... @Shack was behind him and I bet he can confirm that @FunCycle can drive like a 16 year old with 30 minutes left on his curfew ....

• Thanks Robert, I enjoyed the ride. I will be on all of your rides next year.

• I've got to go on your rides next year. The one ride I did didn't get back till 5 pm and was 210 miles of non hwy. After 800 miles of riding to get there I'll skip the looooong rides in the future.

• All I can say is WOW. Kim and I really enjoyed our first SSITS. My brain is still on sensory overload. We met so many new friends from the forum there is no way my old ass will be able to keep all the names straight. The only "organized" ride we went on was the @StickerDick "zip line" ride and it was a great ride with an even better group of people.
    I'd like to thank @rabtech for letting Kim hear your sound system (that's gonna cost me a few grand) :00008862:
    A special thanks to @TX Slingshot and his family for opening their "home" and providing several of us with a fine meal.
    and @Bill Martin all I've got to say is you are one lucky coonass and you better tell Angie I said so.
    I'm not even going to attempt to name everyone we met but you guys know who you are and we thank you very much for accepting us with open arms and making us feel like a part of the family.
    Looking forward to SSITS '17 :thumbsup:

• @FunCycle can honestly ride with the best of them. I was seriously questioning his placement behind Rab at the beginning of the ride. Like a gentleman, he offered to move aside if he didn't keep up. I thought what the hell, maybe I'll be surprised. I was shocked, he did outstanding, and the cherahala parkway is simply an amazing 51 mile experience.

• @FunCycle can honestly ride with the best of them. I was seriously questioning his placement behind Rab at the beginning of the ride. Like a gentleman, he offered to move aside if he didn't keep up. I thought what the hell, maybe I'll be surprised. I was shocked, he did outstanding, and the cherahala parkway is simply an amazing 51 mile experience.

Thanks @Shack