SLINGSHOTS IN THE SMOKIES 2016 (Tue, May 31st 2016 - Sun, Jun 5th 2016)

Date

SLINGSHOTS IN THE SMOKIES 2016

Tue, May 31st 2016 - Sun, Jun 5th 2016

Maggie Valley, NC, USA

Participants

19 participants, 0 undecided and 0 do not participate

Closing Date: May 30th 2016, 7:00 pm
  • Glad to hear some are making it through the rain..I'm spending weekend on Amelia Island and then heading to Maggie on Monday..looks like the tropical weather system will be sitting over a good part of my intended route.

10-4 on the rain if you take the I-95 to I-26 route from there. I decided last night to change the route I'm taking tomorrow and as much as I hate going through Atlanta, that's the driest way to get there from Northern Fl. About 50 more miles and an hour longer drive +/- traffic, but you'll be a LOT happier going the speed limit on busy roads than 1/2 the speed limit in rain and getting stressed out before you even arrive at Maggie Valley. Hope everyone has a safe and dry trip to the event and we'll see you all Sunday night or whenever.

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• 10-4 on the rain if you take the I-95 to I-26 route from there. I decided last night to change the route I'm taking tomorrow and as much as I hate going through Atlanta, that's the driest way to get there from Northern Fl. About 50 more miles and an hour longer drive +/- traffic, but you'll be a LOT happier going the speed limit on busy roads than 1/2 the speed limit in rain and getting stressed out before you even arrive at Maggie Valley. Hope everyone has a safe and dry trip to the event and we'll see you all Sunday night or whenever.

Did you jump off 95 onto 16?
    [/quote]

• Help Needed!

Making some last minute preps I discover this!

It's a Nitto NT555s 235/40R18... any chance somebody has one laying around... maybe a vendor?? I know I probably have a better shot of winning the Powerball but figured it couldn't hurt to ask... :00008862:

• 10-4 on the rain if you take the I-95 to I-26 route from there. I decided last night to change the route I'm taking tomorrow and as much as I hate going through Atlanta, that's the driest way to get there from Northern Fl. About 50 more miles and an hour longer drive +/- traffic, but you'll be a LOT happier going the speed limit on busy roads than 1/2 the speed limit in rain and getting stressed out before you even arrive at Maggie Valley. Hope everyone has a safe and dry trip to the event and we'll see you all Sunday night or whenever.

FITS, if you are going thru Atlanta , you REALLY need to hit the south side of the metro BEFORE 1 pm ..If you don't ,it is a sure bet that you will be in stop and go from Mcdonough , Ga to North of Downtown Atl. That is a promise and not a threat.

• Did you jump off 95 onto 16?

[/quote]I'm not leaving until Sunday morning. I'm planning on going up I-95 to Jacksonville, then over to I-10 and up to I-75 N through Atlanta. Since I should be there by noonish and it's on a Sunday, I'm hoping the traffic will be live-able. It's worth the extra to avoid the down-pouring rain from the storm if I kept going North to I-26. Time will tell

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• So I am now in Indianapolis Indiana... 15 hours later...

I had 5 hours sleep the night before. Left my house around 9:23pm Thursday night. The drive was going well..then I hit Pennsylvania and the rain just instantly fell from the sky in buckets while going 80mph. I couldn't pull the charging cords fast enough and grab the phone. I flew as fast as possible to get off the highway to find a gas station, partially soaked.. Put on my rain gear, dried my phone off. Couldn't find a hand dryer anywhere. The phone was working but acting squirrel, I left the charging cord off. Put the phone in a zip lock bag. Drove for another couple hours. Phone was dying fast on battery power, plug in the power cord and all of a sudden smoke and burnt plastic...

I was now truly alone, navigation down, music down, no phone. Luckily I was on Route 70 and I had about 200 miles straight shot. I arrived in Indy around 12:30pm. Went shopping for a new cellphone, luckily I have all my stuff backed up on Google. Didn't have the phone I wanted at Best Buy and had to go with the $500 version. So hopefully there is a BestBuy in North Carolina I can exchange this for the phone I want. The adventure has begun lol

I had a late night race with a jacked up Turbo diesel truck 3" exhaust, pouring out soot as he got on it. Going about 130 balls out around 6k, slight turn was coming up and he almost lost it. My suspension is set on softer for the ride and it got a little lose, so I decided to let off and not crash my ride.. (I know I said drive safe in my earlier post, but he baited me!)
    Fast truck let me tell you.

I am probably leaving here early Monday morning to head down to Maggie Valley. Can't wait to see you all.

• All of you ride safely in the wet weather you have been hitting.The weather her today in Maggie Valley is beautiful.75 degrees and sunny.Every day calls for a percentage of rain but even yesterday with 50percent it was one quick shower in the morning.
    This looks to be the pattern for the rest of the week,
    Looking forward to seeing all of you.

• I bought a lifeproof case for my iPhone and it came through the storms in east Texas without missing a beat.

• So @Wrenchmn I'm heading from Florida also my route takes me thru Atlanta. Would you know of a route with less hazels and best times?

Nemesis, you can either come thru early like FITS is talking about(great idea that works MOST of the time )or you can pick up 441 North from Dublin , Ga and avoid all of Metro Atl. Decent route but two lane and four lane all the way up to Cherokee . Joins us 129 for part of the way up and a few others as you travel north thru Ga and NC . Thru Atl on Interstate is probably the fastest of these two if you dont hit traffic .
    The Quickest rote from the Savannah area is normally I-95 to I 26 north to Asheville, NC and then I-40 North to Maggie Valley exit.

Hope This helps See you soon