Discounted extended Warranty

• Mbmedic, I work in Sarnia and live 20 minutes south. I would enjoy meeting up for a coffee with a fellow slingshot owner. I am the only current owner this side of the bridge in this area that I am aware of. Not sure when your coming this way but let me know

I answered your email. Not sure if going down will work, but coming back we'll be looking to stretch by Sarnia for sure, lol.

• I'm interested in the extended warranty based on what's been said here, but if a supercharger is added, then it's done? What about components unrelated to the supercharger?

My main concern is labor costs, because I don't believe I can do much (no knowledge)...

I was wondering this as well. Which is my main reason, (funds being the biggest one), that I am not in a hurry to put this on.

To my way of thinking, the onus would be on Polaris to prove that the mod applied would have caused the breakdown, correct? I was a bit concerned with the few addons I have done, but now that Polaris themselves offer them, I am less concerned. However, the Supercharger is it's own beast.

Perhaps some input from those who already own Beasts....

• I never buy extended warranties and never needed them but was considering buying one. Talked to my dealer and he offered it for $1,000 but he said he never buys them either. They just cover things that never break. Now I am sure there are some here that wish they had one for the one off problems. But when you consider all the SS's out there, how many are breaking after the 2 year warranty runs out? I have 26k on the clock and everything that needed work has been covered under warranty to date. The only thing I had done that I may have needed an extended warranty on was the brake switches.

The SS has not been out for 2 years yet. For those forward-thinking few, that will begin in a few months.

• The SS has not been out for 2 years yet. For those forward-thinking few, that will begin in a few months.

We are happy to to beat any competitor on pricing for extended warranties for those who are preparing to look at options once that time comes. We have been selling protection plans since 2011 through various forums and have well over 1000+ plans sold since then.

To get a quote, contact @cball86 or myself and we will be happy to get your set up and protected!

• We are happy to to beat any competitor on pricing for extended warranties for those who are preparing to look at options once that time comes. We have been selling protection plans since 2011 through various forums and have well over 1000+ plans sold since then.
    To get a quote, contact @cball86 or myself and we will be happy to get your set up and protected!

Are you offering the Polaris Warranty or an alternate / after market one?

• This would be the Polaris Extended Coverage authorized and administrated by themselves. So to answer your question, yes this would be the one you are speaking of. We are an authorized Polaris dealership and currently offer some of the best discounts online exclusively.

Shoot me a PM if you would like any more information or have any questions.

• I'm interested in the extended warranty based on what's been said here, but if a supercharger is added, then it's done? What about components unrelated to the supercharger?

My main concern is labor costs, because I don't believe I can do much (no knowledge)...

I was considering getting extended warranty as I'm getting close to my two years. Unfortunately I actually read the fine print on exclusions. There was one that basically said coverage would be denied for any vehicle having a racing modification even if the needed repair had nothing to do with that modification. Like many of us here, I've got more money in mods than it cost new and will eventually be getting a SC. I can understand Polaris protecting themselves and I doubt they would turn just about everything down on everyone. Unfortunately the wording is such that we can't really count on having a true warranty and too much conjecture left up to dealers.

• I was considering getting extended warranty as I'm getting close to my two years. Unfortunately I actually read the fine print on exclusions. There was one that basically said coverage would be denied for any vehicle having a racing modification even if the needed repair had nothing to do with that modification. Like many of us here, I've got more money in mods than it cost new and will eventually be getting a SC. I can understand Polaris protecting themselves and I doubt they would turn just about everything down on everyone. Unfortunately the wording is such that we can't really count on having a true warranty and too much conjecture left up to dealers.

Personally I wouldn't worry about it at all, this is probably one of those loopholes that they can use if they need to. Race to me means on a track not on the street. I don't see them denying coverage for anything unless you are racing it on a track. If I add a Supercharger or Turbo and never take it on a track how can that be "Race". Its semantics and more than likely won't be an issue, heck some dealers actually do the modifications themselves. I am certain those dealers will be more than happy to warranty whatever.

• Just an FYI, I quoted it wrong..it didn't say racing (could've swore I had read that somewhere)..It just says modifications not using OEM parts installed by an authorized dealer regardless of whether or not such modifications caused the failure will not be covered. It just seems to be too broad a statement and detracts from the warm fuzzy feeling knowing you're covered for chronic problems the SS has. With this kind of warranty you have to carefully choose the dealer who will be interpreting this.

• my warranty runs out in a few months on my 2015. Talk to the dealer he didn't think it was worth buying the warranty since he said it only covers most things that never break. I have 32k on the clock and really haven't had any issues other than recalls I never buy warranties going to skip this one.

• Just an FYI, I quoted it wrong..it didn't say racing (could've swore I had read that somewhere)..It just says modifications not using OEM parts installed by an authorized dealer regardless of whether or not such modifications caused the failure will not be covered. It just seems to be too broad a statement and detracts from the warm fuzzy feeling knowing you're covered for chronic problems the SS has. With this kind of warranty you have to carefully choose the dealer who will be interpreting this.

Yeah, any type of modification other than OEM parts and accessories would void the warranty in most cases. The extended warranty is mainly for those who still have a stock machine towards the end of their factory warranty. To get the best answer, every dealership is different in the way they deal with warranty claims, so my best advice is to speak with your local guys as they will tell you the do's and don'ts.