Reminder to write Crystal! Being deployed sucks!

• Crystal just got another 5 pounds of pistachios from Daddy... :thumbup:

She also got a real nice, long email from @NatomasSlingshot1 yesterday. Crystal said, "She's so great!" Thank you Dee!!! She's looking forward to your package too!

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

Edited once, last by Tripod ().

• Thank you @slingking!!! Crystal received the chocolate covered coffee beans you sent today!!! (These were on her wish list). The foil worked & they weren't a melted blob. She asked me to tell you, "MANY THANKS!!!" As you can see, she's quite pleased...

• Crystal also received over 100 cooling scarves from someone named Ellen Harpin. No reference to slingshots so Crystal thinks it may be an Adopt-a-Soldier person. Regardless, pretty awesome & useful gift! There's so many, she had to share them with her command. Some of the ladies modeling the cooling scarves... :thumbup:

• OMG!!!!!! I've been staring at this darn computer for 45 minutes trying to type something.... I have no words.... We were trying lift Crystals spirits by writing to her.... I just received a letter from Kandahar... I need to step away to get my composure..... sorry, an additional 30 minute now has gone by. We are suppose to lift her spirits up, not the other way around. @Tripod, your daughter is amazing. If anyone could see me right now,... well I have an eyelash in my eye,... OK, both eyes,.. that's my story and I'm sticking to it

• OMG!!!!!! I've been staring at this darn computer for 45 minutes trying to type something.... I have no words.... We were trying lift Crystals spirits by writing to her.... I just received a letter from Kandahar... I need to step away to get my composure..... sorry, an additional 30 minute now has gone by. We are suppose to lift her spirits up, not the other way around. @Tripod, your daughter is amazing. If anyone could see me right now,... well I have an eyelash in my eye,... OK, both eyes,.. that's my story and I'm sticking to it

Dean, snapped a screenshot of your post & texted it to Crystal. She made 2 replies:

"Aw. He's such a sweetie."

and...

"Tell him it would lift my spirits to hear about him and how life is in the states. Any funny stories or just about life in general. Lol. No stress! And no rush!"

• Tripod, I a nice note from Crystal today. Between her duties and writing crazy Slingers she probably doesn't have much time for herself.

Been a long time since I got a hand written note.

Yes, she's definitely a busy young lady. And, of course, being an officer, they pile lots of collateral duties upon her. She also has a lot of family to communicate with. Her & I Skyped today - I always enjoy that...

• Thank you @slingking!!! Crystal received the chocolate covered coffee beans you sent today!!! (These were on her wish list). The foil worked & they weren't a melted blob. She asked me to tell you, "MANY THANKS!!!" As you can see, she's quite pleased...

Trying to get my package out to Crystal....but just came back from vacation......and swamped with work. Will get it out this week. Want to make sure some of the things don't melt....what's with the foil?

• Trying to get my package out to Crystal....but just came back from vacation......and swamped with work. Will get it out this week. Want to make sure some of the things don't melt....what's with the foil?

Hey, THANK YOU! @slingking & I were worried about the chocolate melting due to the summer heat. I suggested freezing the chocolate & wrapping it thoroughly in foil (don't know if Joe did the freezing or not but I know he used foil - it worked; in fact, the troops had fun with the foil & made hats like in the movie "Signs", lol! Unfortunately, she forgot to take pics!).

LOL....It was just a shot in the dark. I did freeze it. i'm not sure if any of it helped really but we did it. :D

• So Superman (aka @Slingshot Garage) & his lovely wife Shawna (aka @SundreSlingQueen) are at it again & sent this totally amazing package to Crystal. Actually, the whole family participated. Check out the artwork by both of their sons, Izak & Milez! I quote Crystal's text here:

"Holy Canada! The Brackley family has arrived!"

She is overwhelmed & is in shock & awe at all of this awesomeness!

Edited once, last by Tripod ().

• FYI to the forum: the Boston terriers are named Diezel & Daizy. They also have a cat named Jazzpurr & a gecko named Lizzy!

Doez anyone elze zee a trend here?! Lol! Love it!

• Yay she got it. That's so awesome. Of course Shawna threw stuff in there like your package. Only stuff you can get it Canada. The heart is made from 1/4 inch black acrylic cut out with the laser. I didn't have time to include any pics of it being made. I was too busy trying to get ready for my trip to Alpha Powersport EH! I knew exactly what to make her. It must be so tough being away from her family. So I figured I would make her something she could look at and remind her of the love at home. I'll post them here and you can forward them to her if you like. You must be so proud of her. I know we are. As soon as we read the thread we knew we had to send something. Much love from Canada. :thumbsup: