Reminder to write Crystal! Being deployed sucks!

• Finally got another text from Crystal - had sent her one to tell her I posted on the forum about the package from @NatomasSlingshot1

Her reply...

"She's pretty amazing!!! ❤️"

Again, 3 exclamation points (& the heart)...

Love it!!!

Okay, 2 more texts from her & the 2nd one is an important heads up for all of you...

"I'm so spoiled!!! Mail day is a treat! It's like my birthday every time mail comes!"

IMPORTANT!!!

"Probably around late August the package/letter flow should stop so I don't miss anything before I leave. The next rotation will forward my mail to me but no guarantees coming here & then going back to the states it would take a long time for any late packages to travel all the way around! lol"

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• they weren't gentle but somehow everything made it in one piece!"

looking at those cans- OMG- did they drop kick it to Kandahar????????

If anyone wants to send Crystal some more chips--- feel free- the beans, mexicorn, olives, and salsa will outlast the chips. (surprised the chips were not dust, judging from the box!)

• looking at those cans- OMG- did they drop kick it to Kandahar????????
    If anyone wants to send Crystal some more chips--- feel free- the beans, mexicorn, olives, and salsa will outlast the chips. (surprised the chips were not dust, judging from the box!)

Chips already on the way, but it's kind of an eclectic mix...don't know how they will go with the dip. But hey, being deployed gives you the opportunity to new things, right??

• Finally got another text from Crystal - had sent her one to tell her I posted on the forum about the package from @NatomasSlingshot1

IMPORTANT!!!

"Probably around late August the package/letter flow should stop so I don't miss anything before I leave. The next rotation will forward my mail to me but no guarantees coming here & then going back to the states it would take a long time for any late packages to travel all the way around! lol"

I'm actually surprised, since she's stationary, that it's taking mail so long to get to her. They have a pretty robust supply chain to Kandahar (considering it's Afghanistan). I've received mail as fast as three weeks, and that was on a damn ship moving around, so they had to guess where on land to forward the mail to so it could be ferried out to us. What is she seeing for a delay in delivery, from the time a package goes in the mail stateside?

• Dee, so ya' know, Crystal & Paul lived here in Las Cruces for a couple years before she went into the Navy & she really learned to love the fantastic Mexican food we have here in this area. Trust me, you have totally made her day! That 3rd text from her is the first that I have ever seen her send with 3 exclamation points... :thumbsup::00008698:

(I tried texting her back but no reply - she was GONE!!! Off in search of lettuce & tomatoes I'm sure... :00000156: )

What a brilliant package! I would never have thought of that! :00008862: You're a doll - thanks again!!!

Probably too late to see the finished product when she's done making it? :D

• Probably too late to see the finished product when she's done making it?

Crystal probably was looking for lettuce & tomatoes, for taco salads- The flat, round things were collapsible tupperware bowls, so she could take to hospital for healthy mid-rats during her long shift (midnight rations). Food, at the hospital itself, is sorely lacking!

• I'm actually surprised, since she's stationary, that it's taking mail so long to get to her. They have a pretty robust supply chain to Kandahar (considering it's Afghanistan). I've received mail as fast as three weeks, and that was on a damn ship moving around, so they had to guess where on land to forward the mail to so it could be ferried out to us. What is she seeing for a delay in delivery, from the time a package goes in the mail stateside?

There is no consistent answer to that question. One package, the first one of @'slingking''s, was never received at all. I've sent her packages that made it in one week, others over a month. For some unknown reason, packages arrive more quickly than letters. They get mail twice a week, Mondays & Fridays. Further delays happen due to weather events such as the infamous haboobs.

• There is no consistent answer to that question. One package, the first one of @'slingking''s, was never received at all. I've sent her packages that made it in one week, others over a month. For some unknown reason, packages arrive more quickly than letters. They get mail twice a week, Mondays & Fridays. Further delays happen due to weather events such as the infamous haboobs.

I had to go look up the term "haboob" to make sure you didn't just put something NSFW on an open circuit. :P

From Wiki: A haboob (Arabic: هَبوب‎‎ habūb "blasting/drafting") is a type of intense dust storm carried on an atmospheric gravity current, also known as a Weather Front. Haboobs occur regularly in arid regions throughout the world.

• BTW, military clothing, military hair styling & military glasses are not exactly flattering to a female. Here's a more accurate picture of Crystal...