Reminder to write Crystal! Being deployed sucks!

• Hey everyone, we hope to have Crystal back home to the good ol' USA by mid-October. Since it's now September & packages can sometimes take weeks to be delivered, there is probably no need to send anything else to her at this point. You have all humbled both Crystal & myself with your amazing, generous support of letters & care packages. Words cannot adequately express our gratitude. Thank you so much for all that you have done!!! I will keep you all informed of her progress in the days ahead. There will be a turnover to the new crew, a change of command ceremony, a trip to Qatar, a trip to Germany & finally - HOME!!! She will return to duty at the Portsmouth Naval Hospital in Virginia (where @V-SHOT works! He knows her). She will be getting out of the Navy around March of '17 I believe. She will make LT (O-3, double silver bars) later this year. Her family will be moving to Illinois when she gets out.

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Hey everyone, we hope to have Crystal back home to the good ol' USA by mid-October. Since it's now September & packages can sometimes take weeks to be delivered, there is probably no need to send anything else to her at this point. You have all humbled both Crystal & myself with your amazing, generous support of letters & care packages. Words cannot adequately express our gratitude. Thank you so much for all that you have done!!! I will keep you all informed of her progress in the days ahead. There will be a turnover to the new crew, a change of command ceremony, a trip to Qatar, a trip to Germany & finally - HOME!!! She will return to duty at the Portsmouth Naval Hospital in Virginia (where @V-SHOT works! He knows her). She will be getting out of the Navy around March of '17 I believe. She will make LT (O-3, double silver bars) later this year. Her family will be moving to Illinois when she gets out.

Hey @Tripod, will you be making a trip out here to welcome Crystal home? If so, keep us posted!!! We have a few SS members real close, and I'm sure we could come up with a cool meet and greet or something of the sort!!! I'll be talking to Crystals co-workers and friends on her floor to see if they have anything planned. I'll keep you posted.

She's local here? Awesome! @V-SHOT, let me know if we can help or anything! Would love to welcome her home!

• ^^^ Yep, Crystal (LTJG Rath) is assigned here at NMCP. As soon as I can get in touch with someone from her former floor, I will pass on any information as far as wheather or not they have anything planned as well.

• After the nuclear refueling outage (late October), headed to Virginia to see my Dad & Crystal (they both live in Newport News). On my way there, hoping to see @Painter & @Slunglow. While in NN, will be contacting @V-SHOT & @KayTwo. Crystal should be home by the time I get there.

• After the nuclear refueling outage (late October), headed to Virginia to see my Dad & Crystal (they both live in Newport News). On my way there, hoping to see @Painter & @Slunglow. While in NN, will be contacting @V-SHOT & @KayTwo. Crystal should be home by the time I get there.

aren't you forgetting someone?

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

We'll need to figure out a gathering. Still taking your dad out for a ride in a Sling?

• We'll need to figure out a gathering. Still taking your dad out for a ride in a Sling?

^^^Just think about you guys!!!! When @Tripod gets here, we gotta' get together for a ride or something!!!!

Yep, guys, like I said in that PM to you two a while back, I really would like to surprise my Dad with a Slingshot ride so would appreciate your support. He's 85, almost blind now & can't drive anymore. He's fascinated by mine but has only seen pics. He's always liked cool vehicles. He rode panhead Harleys & Beemers back in the day - my first memory is sitting in front of my Dad on a bike. I was 2 weeks late being born & my Dad took my Mom down the railroad tracks trying to induce labor! LOL! True story! Ask him when you see him.

• Road over to Braidwood, IL couple of weeks ago and had breakfast with Tripod...
    It is always great meeting Slingshot owner and getting to know them....

Thoroughly enjoyed our breakfast & getting to meet ya' EJ - you're a class act! :thumbup:

Outstanding news! I salute that terrific lady.

I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.

• Crystal made this orange & black paracord keychain for me (to match my Slingshot she wrote) & mailed it to where I'm working right now. Pretty cool...