Where Did You Take Your Slingshot Today?

• That is what they make lawn mowers for. MULCH IT, a rake does not fit my hand.. Most times I will mulch with the riding mower around 3 different times, until all of the leaves have fallen. . I only have 10 live oaks, 3 water oaks and 4 gum trees and 2 maples a magnolia. Plus the small ornamentals on my 3/4 acre. I do have some leaves.

I did mulch it. I have maples as well, and they mulch way better than the Green ash do. There was at least 2 to 3 inches deep of leaves over the whole yard, driveway, sidewalk and out in the street. I used a leaf vac mulcher toc clean them up.

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• took my normal Sunday ride down valley to help my wife set up at her Sunday farmers market. normally on Sundays I take the long way home out through the desert, but today the wind was kicking up and I didnt feel like dealing with the blowing sand in my face so instead I came back up toward Palm Springs on Highway 111 and its a good thing I did because about 1/2 of the way home I look up and there coming the other way are two motorcycles and they were being led by two people in a Slingshot - - first slingshot I have seen here in the valley in a very long time, I have heard that there is now a place down valley that actually rents them, but this did not look like a rental to me the paint job did not look stock at all and I'm pretty sure it was an older one like mine with the square roll hoops, but it did go by fast.

Anyway if anyone here was driving south on highway 111 in Rancho Mirage this morning and you saw an idiot in a red Slingshot going the other way waving at you - - - that was me :thumbsup:

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Let us know what they fine.....just in case anyone else has the same problem.....hopefully it wont be anything too expensive.....good luck.

Will post a report. I have a great dealer. Neilsen's in Lake Villa, IL --- I go 125 miles one way for an oil change with them. (Cute gal head of service department for the Slingshots.) and a good tech....

• Anything at all! Click click? Any lights come on? What were the symptoms??

Lights on full bright, radio on full sound, dash lights seam to cycle correctly, but NO 'click' or any sound when you hit the start button. Would be nice if my tech could check and fix without taking it off the trailer. But at this point the plan is to drop it off and let them have it for a few days.

• I’ve had vehicles where the lights come on, but there’s not enough juice to click the solenoid or start the motor. I think I’d be trying a lot of different things before I drove 125 miles.😎

yep, not long after I got my slingshot the battery went bad, just like here, everything seemed to work just fine but no click clicking no start. had it towed to the dealer and they let it sit for over a week and then told me it was just the battery said the computer system will do that if it thinks there isn't enough juice - that was the only time my slingshot has been back to the dealer or any other dealer for that matter. last year I replaced the battery again myself, this time I didnt wait until it wouldn't start just figured it was due - - also even though the battery is almost new and its my daily driver I plug in a battery tender every time I park in my garage. figure the de-sulfuring and maintaining should keep it in better shape and make it last longer.

Anyway my point in posting this is with todays electronics a bad battery in a vehicle doesnt necessarily have the same symptoms as I would have expected in the past, lights can still work and gauges can all seem okay but nothing when you push that button - heck when it happened to mine I would have bet anything there was something wrong other than the battery - felt really dumb after I rented a car for over a week only to find it was something I could have fixed myself with a simple battery replacement.

• yep, not long after I got my slingshot the battery went bad, just like here, everything seemed to work just fine but no click clicking no start. had it towed to the dealer and they let it sit for over a week and then told me it was just the battery said the computer system will do that if it thinks there isn't enough juice - that was the only time my slingshot has been back to the dealer or any other dealer for that matter. last year I replaced the battery again myself, this time I didnt wait until it wouldn't start just figured it was due - - also even though the battery is almost new and its my daily driver I plug in a battery tender every time I park in my garage. figure the de-sulfuring and maintaining should keep it in better shape and make it last longer.

Anyway my point in posting this is with todays electronics a bad battery in a vehicle doesnt necessarily have the same symptoms as I would have expected in the past, lights can still work and gauges can all seem okay but nothing when you push that button - heck when it happened to mine I would have bet anything there was something wrong other than the battery - felt really dumb after I rented a car for over a week only to find it was something I could have fixed myself with a simple battery replacement.

This is why you install a digital voltmeter in all of your vehicles and learn how to use the voltage that it is showing you. It can tell you that you have a bad battery or if the alternator is charging the battery.

• This is why you install a digital voltmeter in all of your vehicles and learn how to use the voltage that it is showing you. It can tell you that you have a bad battery or if the alternator is charging the battery.

Yes FunCycle after my first experience with the batter in my slingshot I purchased a battery tester - it does load testing and cranking testing much easier than I could do with my volt meter. Figured it was worth the $30 to be able to test the battery myself - before I have a vehicle towed to a dealer - - figured it was worth the investment if it saves one trip to a mechanic.

oh and I do also have a voltmeter installed in the slingshot - got a nice digital one from slingmods some time back