New member meet and greet

• @MACAWS thanks for the welcome! We are small group of friends right now but growing & have lots of new products in the works.... we do take our time though to make sure our designs are top notch.

Imma thinkin you will be findin a way to get in my pocket soon.....ya might as well .... everybody else did :00008359:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• @Ruptured Duck feel free to pick away! Like I said, we love hearing what people build - or want to build - even if it's not with our products. As we grow and design new products, we are definitely open to hearing ideas about how we can (a.) either make our products better & (b.) design more suitable products for your needs. Any q's you have, even if I can't answer them myself, someone from our team surely can.

• If you're curious about who I am (and/or our company) you can see me presenting our first product here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hx_BJ09m2cI&t=1s

(As you can probably tell, I am not super keen on being filmed lol! *awkward* Despite that, I love what I do because I get to make cool things and - even better - see the cool things others make)

OK - gotcha - how bout a kit to open and close the hood with one of those babies?? DAMN - diggin in my own pocket ;(

• If you're curious about who I am (and/or our company) you can see me presenting our first product here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hx_BJ09m2cI&t=1s

(As you can probably tell, I am not super keen on being filmed lol! *awkward* Despite that, I love what I do because I get to make cool things and - even better - see the cool things others make)

Just watching you, a beautiful lady, in that video, holding the shaft, discussing inches of stroke, etc. - well, I reacted just like your actuators... 8o:D

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• @Bill Martin I can't wait until we have kits available! It's a great idea. But those will have to come later... right now we're just working on establishing high-end yet affordable micro linear motion with different capabilities. I do know of one person working on a hidden compartment mechanism in the hood of a vintage Corvette... but I'm not allowed to say anything more until after he presents it at a car show early next year.

A complete, ready-to-install, motorized hood lift kit would be awesome. How much does the hood weigh?

• @Bill Martin I can't wait until we have kits available! It's a great idea. But those will have to come later... right now we're just working on establishing high-end yet affordable micro linear motion with different capabilities. I do know of one person working on a hidden compartment mechanism in the hood of a vintage Corvette... but I'm not allowed to say anything more until after he presents it at a car show early next year.

A complete, ready-to-install, motorized hood lift kit would be awesome. How much does the hood weigh?

Not sure but I imagine 50 - 75 lbs - saw a motorized one way back but it never did catch on - musta been problems with it

• Not sure but I imagine 50 - 75 lbs - saw a motorized one way back but it never did catch on - musta been problems with it

Hmmm... I wonder how many others would be interested in that. It is difficult to get that much power in such a small actuator. We'd likely have to design a larger inline version or one with a planetary gearbox to increase the power abilities. I'll bring this up with the team though and see if it's something we can make in the near future. Thanks for the suggestion.

• Hmmm... I wonder how many others would be interested in that. It is difficult to get that much power in such a small actuator. We'd likely have to design a larger inline version or one with a planetary gearbox to increase the power abilities. I'll bring this up with the team though and see if it's something we can make in the near future. Thanks for the suggestion.

• Thanks @MiM ! When you say "alignment" do you mean because the area to lift the hood is tricky? Or another issue?

For us, with regards to designing actuators, the issue is always to make them small enough, yet fast and powerful at the same time.... that is the goal. The other issue with electric actuators is not matter what you do, they never extend/retract at exactly the same time (close, but no cigar - the struggle is real)... which is where Hall Effect sensors come in, but that can get rather techy. I'm working on an instructional vid on that in the next cpl weeks.

• Thanks @MiM ! When you say "alignment" do you mean because the area to lift the hood is tricky? Or another issue?

For us, with regards to designing actuators, the issue is always to make them small enough, yet fast and powerful at the same time.... that is the goal. The other issue with electric actuators is not matter what you do, they never extend/retract at exactly the same time (close, but no cigar - the struggle is real)... which is where Hall Effect sensors come in, but that can get rather techy. I'm working on an instructional vid on that in the next cpl weeks.

Don't worry about @MiM - he won't be interested until some "gently used" ones are available :00008359: