StopTech or Alpha Rotors and pads? Help me decide please.

• @Dave@DDMWorks any info on your sway bar?

The sway bar is the same outside diameter as stock, which means that it can be installed in the stock sway bar mounts with the stock end links. What we did though is made the wall thicker, which increases the rate of the bar about 30%. On vehicles with stickier tires, the sway bar makes a nice improvement to the handling, since they will induce more roll in the Slingshot. This batch is all red, although they will be available in black in about a month also.

• I can not tell you able anyone else's product
    Stop Tec is a leader in performance patented designed rotors.
    This being said 95% of slingshot customer will be good just running our s
    Stop Tec Standard size 3 rotor kit
    For the track guy with big sticky tires and more Hp
    Our big brake kit specially designed for the Slingshot using the factory master cylinder.
    Making sure that the proportioning is right .
    Rab Tec
    Will tell you
    You can not warp them.

• I trust your opinion and experience Noel. So just upgrading the rotors should do the trick for most drivers?

• I have the Stop Tech rotors from Noel with Hawk pads from DDM.
    As far as stopping power I have never had an issue they are a great combo. If I could just get a more solid pedal with less travel I would be ecstatic.
    I have beat them up on the street and on the track. I would consider a big brake kit but I love my stock size base wheels and the only option that will fit inside those rims are the Alpha set up. Beautiful as they are, cost is the only inhibiting factor. I think front only kits would be a nice option since 90% of the work is done up front and that would bring the cost down a bit.

Just my 2 cents

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I have not changed over from my stock brakes yet and I really should with all the aggressive driving I do. I was looking at the HAWK HB-275-S.62 compound. Is this the best compound to get?

• I have the Stop Tech rotors from Noel with Hawk pads from DDM.
    As far as stopping power I have never had an issue they are a great combo. If I could just get a more solid pedal with less travel I would be ecstatic.
    I have beat them up on the street and on the track. I would consider a big brake kit but I love my stock size base wheels and the only option that will fit inside those rims are the Alpha set up. Beautiful as they are, cost is the only inhibiting factor. I think front only kits would be a nice option since 90% of the work is done up front and that would bring the cost down a bit.

Just my 2 cents

Hmm, if only someone made a front kit only... ;)

Slingshot Front Big Brake Kit by DDMWorks

I have not changed over from my stock brakes yet and I really should with all the aggressive driving I do. I was looking at the HAWK HB-275-S.62 compound. Is this the best compound to get?

That part number is for Hawk HT-10 pads, which are going to be a track only setup and take some work to get up to operating temperature (see graph above), probably not something you would want to run on the street.

The Hawk Brake pad part numbers work like this -

We will use the part number HB275S.620 as an example. The first 2 letters stand "HB" stand for Hawk Brakes. The next 3 numbers "275" correspond to the shape of the brake pad. The next letter "S" is the pad material/compound. The last 3 numbers after the "." are the thickness of the pads in inches. So a ".620" is .620" thick.

As for the pad material letters from Hawk, here is the breakdown -
    F - HPS
    B - HPS 5.0
    Z - Ceramic
    N - HP Plus
    G - DTC60
    V - DTC50
    S - HT10
    E - Blue
    EE - Blue42
    W - DTC30
    M - Black

Hope that helps.
    Dave

• Ahh good to know. Some of the ones you have listed do not coincide with what is on the chart. So I am wondering what the difference in the Ceramic and the HP Plus is stopping wise and how is the brake dust comparison?

• Our BBK kit fits the OEM 17" wheel. It is expensive but it is also the only kit designed ground up only for the slingshot. With the stopping power it provides lap times are faster on the track as you are able to brake very late into corners and with repeated abuse they will not fade. @xd675x has been putting allot of track time on the brakes with great success. @Tango has them on his V8 monster as well and it stops that V8 in no time.

We also have our basic upgrade that includes drilled and slotted rotors, pads, fluid, and our master brace. If you will not be tracking your machine hard this upgrade would be well suited.