Slingshots in the Texas Hill Country.Kerrville,TX,19-23Apr 2017.

• @EjFord swears by em - said he thinks they were designed for painters!!! :thumbsup:

Looooooooooooong story on how the 'station wagon' for business started...after 40 years people now expect me to pull up in a station wagon...nice weather I do run all my estimates with the Slingshot....(it's lettered/tax write off). It makes for a good 'ice breaker' and than we talk about painting the house.

• A friend here in La Porte at one time was collecting Corvairs, at one point he had over 40 of them....some people are just a little crazy!!!!!!

When I decided to buy my SlingShot I was about to get back into another Corvair! I almost bought a 1966 Convertible Spyder, very rare and hard to find. I decided on the SlingShot because I could drive it rather than sit and admire the Corvair.

• Oil change and other lubricants
    Various filters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Coolant Surge Tank

• As a matter of interest this is a large hotel.We have 80 rooms we have filled registered booked in hotel and coming so far over 80 Slingshots possibly over 100 will attend.11 vendors there.
    There is another group of 40 vehicles which had contracted prior to me.Guess what!!!!They are a Corvair group.Should be really interesting for all to see them.

• As a matter of interest this is a large hotel.We have 80 rooms we have filled registered booked in hotel and coming so far over 80 Slingshots possibly over 100 will attend.11 vendors there.
    There is another group of 40 vehicles which had contracted prior to me.Guess what!!!!They are a Corvair group.Should be really interesting for all to see them.

When we visited the hotel last year they mentioned that! I look forward to seeing them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Then I am going to really enjoy my trip! How ironic! :)

• @MiM What time you heading out Friday morning? I was thinking about getting a group together to leave around 7:30 or so... maybe have brunch somewhere around Austin... (enjoy the ride a little, instead of just hauling ass over there) I was going to take the 290 route instead of I-10 for that reason.

Beware of Sling Ninja...

• We all need to start getting a plan together to head to Kerrville together. I'm in for whatever but it's a long way outta the way going by way of Austin

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• We're leaving Monday morning and staying over at Harrah's in Biloxi. Hitting the road early Tuesday to check in Tuesday night for the rest of the week in Kerrville

We have to get there early since there's so many BBQ joints to check out.

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

Edited once, last by funinthesun ().

• @Bill Martin we don't need to get to Houston too soon. Let the morning traffic calm down. I know you have been out there also so you know its a good 6+ hours with pee stops and getting gas. You know how my sling drinks gas and has a 10 gal tank and I have a 10oz bladder.

:BLUESS:
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
    ~Mark Twain~

• @Storm, @Bill Martin, @Rob the Slob

Yeah, I'm planning to head out Thursday evening (after work) if possible to be there (Kerrville) early Friday. But I'm flexible. I know my wife and daughters will be getting to San Antonio Thursday. I'm staying with family each night and driving back to Kerrville each morning... Save money on hotel for mods... I'm looking at you @mniron, Alpha, and maybe Cycle Springs...