Brake Failure Light Tom's Slingshot

• Hey Guys, I was able to get out of the house a little today and took the sling for a ride. After I started the sling my "Brake Failure Light" came on. What do I need to check?

Turning the switch off/on should reset the code. But let's contact FunCycle for the complete fix. Tom I just know how to put gas in it and drive it down the road.

Hope all is well and hope we will see each other in Maggie.

• Turning the switch off/on should reset the code. But let's contact FunCycle for the complete fix. Tom I just know how to put gas in it and drive it down the road.

Hope all is well and hope we will see each other in Maggie.

Starting to feel a little better, still weak as hell and having nerve pains. We are planning on being in Maggie

Life is simple ... you're either "Qualified or you're Not'

• Hey Guys, I was able to get out of the house a little today and took the sling for a ride. After I started the sling my "Brake Failure Light" came on. What do I need to check?

Bubblehead I just found out this week that Polaris has finally decided to address this long, long issue with brake light failure warning, but I'm not sure exactly how far back they will go and I believe it's a service type bulletin which means you have to take in for this specific issue, which means they will not be contacting everyone as a recall would or show ?? Something to do with the original mastercylinder design and having two brake sensors?

It is a warranty type item fix and only if you file or request repair? They are actually removing the two old brake sensors and brake fluids and replacing with One New Designed brake sensor?

Not sure the dealerships even have the parts yet, but maybe worth checking?

Sorry for the long reply.

• I had that light come on two years back. In my instance a break bleed with a complete flush fixed the issue. Possibly water in the system, heating up and expanding triggering the light? I do a bleed every 5k using speed bleeders. Simple and the light has never come on since.

Note, if anyone decides to purchase speed bleeders my 2017 came with two different thread sizes depending on what brake caliper the factory installed that particular time.

Are you still running the magnetic brake switch? If you are, replace it with the mechanical switch from Sling Mods. I just looked at it yesterday because Summer Breeze had the same problem yesterday. It is an easy change out and cost $74.95. or you can make the replacement for less than $20. All you neeed is a scrap piece of alum. drill motor, saw and a file, of course the mechanical switch from the Auto parts store. Plus about 30 minutes.

• [quote='Frankie55','https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/11332-brake-failure-light-tom-s-slingshot/&postID=400305#post400305']

I had that light come on two years back. In my instance a break bleed with a complete flush fixed the issue. Possibly water in the system, heating up and expanding triggering the light? I do a bleed every 5k using speed bleeders. Simple and the light has never come on since.

Note, if anyone decides to purchase speed bleeders my 2017 came with two different thread sizes depending on what brake caliper the factory installed that particular time.

[/quote]

I've got a '17, rear is a 12mm bolt, fronts are 11mm. Any idea what the size of the bleeder threads are?
    Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-S928U using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

The trouble with bucket seats is not everyone has the same size 'bucket'.

• I've got a '17, rear is a 12mm bolt, fronts are 11mm. Any idea what the size of the bleeder threads are?
    Thanks in advance.

......I suggest you read tru this thread that's from this forum b4 you order speed

bleeders Speed bleeders

...might save you the agony of ordering the wrong thing......

• [quote='CMTCB','https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/11332-brake-failure-light-tom-s-slingshot/&postID=401110#post401110']

Its a nice little project I let my wife help me do.....she hops in the Sling and pumps the brakes while I bleed each wheel....Happy spouse....Happy house.

[/quote]

Well, that can cause health issues in my garage. She is likely to toss a wrench at my head, and she has pretty good aim.

The trouble with bucket seats is not everyone has the same size 'bucket'.

• Well, that can cause health issues in my garage. She is likely to toss a wrench at my head, and she has pretty good aim.

Gravity bleed and you do not need to pump the pedal and you will be changing the fluid a little at a time. It takes about 5 or 6 minutes and I do it every time that I change the oil. I learned all of that when we were having the brake problems with the 2015's.

• Has anyone used the after market brake sensors? I recently got the problem on my 2015 and the difference in price is unbelievable, Amazon has the Polaris sensors at $127. each and the after market ones at $14.