Speed bleeders

• In 2015 when we all were having problems with the brakes having in them, I just used gravity bleed with clear tubing. It would only take less than 10 minutes to do all three wheels. It took around 12 to 15 times before I had all of the air out of the brake system. I still do this every time that I change the oil.

• I have a 2017 SL

My break failure light came on a few weeks back and after a restart it stayed off. After 1000 mi. plus change it came on again. Restarted and it's been off. I decided to order a brake pressure kit which contains 2 brake pressure switches, 4 stat-o-seals + lubricant for the seals and a shop towelette. P/N 2207836 OEM Polaris part

Also 3 ea. speed bleeders. part # below provided by Speed Bleeder Products (for a 2017 SL) and ordered off their web site. They claim it's a 10X1 and this is the proper length as below for the front and rear.

https://store-speedbleeder-com…2-Speed-Bleeder_p_48.html

• My brake failure light came on again today. I tested the moisture in the fluid it showed as 4% (highest on the scale). Thinking possibly the moisture is vaporizing in the system. The speed bleeders above are correct for a 2017 SL. I installed them on all three calipers, suctioned the master cylinder and filled with fresh fluid then pushed through 24 oz of fresh fluid while bleeding the system. Rear first, right front second then Left front last. I love speed bleeders! Brakes feel rock solid! I didn't realize they were a bit mushy till I did the bleed. Took a test ride, all is good. Time will tell if all I needed was a flush and bleed? If not, I will go back and replace the pressure sensors.

• My brake failure light came on again today. I tested the moisture in the fluid it showed as 4% (highest on the scale). Thinking possibly the moisture is vaporizing in the system. The speed bleeders above are correct for a 2017 SL. I installed them on all three calipers, suctioned the master cylinder and filled with fresh fluid then pushed through 24 oz of fresh fluid while bleeding the system. Rear first, right front second then Left front last. I love speed bleeders! Brakes feel rock solid! I didn't realize they were a bit mushy till I did the bleed. Took a test ride, all is good. Time will tell if all I needed was a flush and bleed? If not, I will go back and replace the pressure sensors.

Have been on multiple short rides just about every day since the brake fluid flush. Many in hot weather, when typically the brake light would come on. I'm optimistic that water vaper in the old fluid may have been the cause. Can't/don't want to say for sure but so far all is good. Hope I didn't jinx myself!

• ......so I'm asking myself why did they give me a different part # than what you have there, my plan was to order em for my 3 vehicles.....

• Not sure? Originally, I ordered 3 ea. 10m X 125 upon install 2 threads in it didn't feel right, it wasn't cross threaded and beyond thread lock interference. I didn't want to tear up the threads, so I emailed and received the part number for the M10 X 1.00 X 1.40 and they fit beautifully. Strange as in your post it would state "please compare the OEM bleader threads to make sure they look the same.

That statement isn't on your other responses? Possible Polaris used two different Housings in production that year?

• Stock bleeders are M10x1.25 threads -

......well as i look at what Dave posted (stock bleeder M10 × 1.25) and i look at the speed bleeders part # SB10125.....I'll just cross my fingers and see once they arrive....

• .....well my speed bleeders arrived for my vehicles, will post pics when I get started and if they are the correct size once my other goodies arrive from slingmods & DDM...

I had a chance to recheck my bleeders today. It may vary from year to year or model to model or two different parts suppliers? I have a 2017 SL. For my stock bleeder 1.0 m thread gauge was a fit and the 1.25 rode the top. As in your post #10 it states to "compare the OEM bleeder threads to the speed bleeders to make sure they look the same".

• I had a chance to recheck my bleeders today. It may vary from year to year or model to model or two different parts suppliers? I have a 2017 SL. For my stock bleeder 1.0 m thread gauge was a fit and the 1.25 rode the top. As in your post #10 it states to "compare the OEM bleeder threads to the speed bleeders to make sure they look the same".

Interesting, I'll go check a bunch of them to see if any are different, or if I just didn't measure the first time correctly. I am actually back cleaning out a batch of used/takeoff parts anyway, I'll let you know what I find.

• So after moving a bunch of stuff the last couple of days, I cleaned out the huge stack of calipers we have back there. What I noticed right away was 2 different designs of the front calipers for the Slingshot.

They are both interchangable for installation on the Slingshot, but the casting is slightly different and the pistons also are different. If you look below at the picture, you will see the manufacturer mark "TOS" is easy to see on the caliper on the right and absent on the left one. The bleeders are also different between the 2 calipers. The caliper on the left with the square rubber cap cover on the bleeder has a M10x1 thread pitch, the caliper on the right with the rounded rubber cap has a M10x1.25 thread pitch. The bleeders are also different lengths overall.

Here is a picture of the caliper with the M10x1 thread pitch bleeder -

Here is a picture of the caliper with the M10x1.25 bleeder -

So the good news is it is pretty easy to identify which caliper you have on your Slingshot with a visual inspection, but there are definitely 2 different bleeders depending on the caliper you have on your Slingshot.

Hope that helps,

Dave

• .....now you have me worried lol.....im busy at the moment working on my genesis (water pump, thermostat, transmission drain, oil change & replacing all my front upper/lower bushings on my control arms)......so I won't get to my slingshot probably til the end of this month.......by than I should have some goodies from you guys also.....