Exhaust System

• I have a 2021 S that I purchased and the previous owner installed the Thermal R&D Cat-Back ceramic coated dual exhaust. It has a nice sound but personally I like a little Quiter and I am considering changing it back to stock but I have heard that exhaust fumes may be an issue. The one I rented before we purchased did not seem to be an issue but would like to hear back from some of you on your thoughts on the stock system and any of you that has this same exhaust about how you like. Thanks for any feedback.

• I have a 2021 S that I purchased and the previous owner installed the Thermal R&D Cat-Back ceramic coated dual exhaust. It has a nice sound but personally I like a little Quiter and I am considering changing it back to stock but I have heard that exhaust fumes may be an issue. The one I rented before we purchased did not seem to be an issue but would like to hear back from some of you on your thoughts on the stock system and any of you that has this same exhaust about how you like. Thanks for any feedback.

My 2016 Slingshot is pretty much OEM except for a F-4 5+ windshield and have no problem with fumes. Lots of the guys had made lots of different 'mods' tops, back windshields just to name two that all effect the wind flow in the cockpit. How sensitive are you to the exhaust in any vechiel?

• Not much but thats all my wife remembers hearing from one of the techs that was in the shop when we looked at it and he even said you might get some if you were sitting for a bit and the conditions were right but then again she likes the aftermarket one so I might get out voted here.

• Not much but thats all my wife remembers hearing from one of the techs that was in the shop when we looked at it and he even said you might get some if you were sitting for a bit and the conditions were right but then again she likes the aftermarket one so I might get out voted here.

On the Gen 1 Slingshots (2015 -- 2019) with the GM motor the exhaust came out just below the passenger seat and pointed out a little so there were some fumes possible when not moving or moving very slow. Then depending on lots of other factors you could get a little fumes in the cockpit. It's an open vechiel and when driving in the country past a 'hog' farm you can get the smell of the country in the cockpit. Or not moving and sitting in traffic on a very hot day --- little warm in the cockpit.

• On the Gen 1 Slingshots (2015 -- 2019) with the GM motor the exhaust came out just below the passenger seat and pointed out a little so there were some fumes possible when not moving or moving very slow. Then depending on lots of other factors you could get a little fumes in the cockpit. It's an open vechiel and when driving in the country past a 'hog' farm you can get the smell of the country in the cockpit. Or not moving and sitting in traffic on a very hot day --- little warm in the cockpit.

my exhaust on my 2016 is still factory stock and usually if I get any exhaust smell they are from other vehicles that are around me when stopped. Never had any noticeable issues from my own exhaust

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Batjac I have owned 4 different year models of the Slingshot, all with stock windshields, stock exhaust, and 3 of them with the polaris Slingshade tops and have Never had exhaust fumes while driving or stopped!!!

Most of the problems I've seen or heard about usually occurring when catalytic converters are altered or new exhaust systems that comes up from the rear near top of rear tire type?

Just Saying???

• I have never had the fume problem with the cut down wind screen and the Welter Dual's. The first thing that I did was get rid of the Cat. I am running the stock muffler with the internal cat bypassed now on Sling II. Sounds good by the way. With my back problem I have never got around to installing the Welter Dual's on Sling II. With the tall wind screens you will have the fume problem until you find a way to get air flow in the cockpit. Terry insist on running the + 6 wind screen, but now has little problem with the fumes since he changed over to the R & D cat back rear exit exhaust. He has had around 5 different exhaust systems including the custom side exhaust.