Gibbs Rule #9

• NCIS, Gibbs Rule #9 - - "Never go anywhere without a knife" - - - I'm starting this thread as a better place for EDC knife discussion than the 2nd amendent thread. As by now I am sure everyone has figured out I like to carry a knife with me, its something that started back in my construction days that has evolved over the years from "work knife" to "emergency / self defense knife". Being in California getting a permit to carry a gun is not an easy thing to do and I prefer to have a means to defend myself if needed, also there are many other things a knife can be handy for, from simple things like opening a package or cutting a piece of twine in the garden to more significant things like cutting a seatbelt if you happen to come upon a vehical accident where a person cant release their belt. Anyway so if you feel like sharing your favorite EDC knife or why you like to have and EDC knife with you - - this is the place to do it. - - and just to start things off this is my current EDC rotation two geared more towards emergencies and/or self defense and a third for when I am hanging close to home and might encounter a steak that needs cutting :) From Left to right, Fox 479 Karambit, Kershaw Strata Cleaver & Spyderco Matriarch 2.

So, show us your EDC knives

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I grew up and currently live in the upper midwest. EVERYBODY I have ever known had a knife in their pocket. I don't remember a time when I didn't have one.

When I put my pants on in the morning, I have a knife and house keys in my pocket. If I go outside, my NAA22LR is in the other pocket.

As the old credit card commercial used to say, "Never leave home without it."

• I grew up and currently live in the upper midwest. EVERYBODY I have ever known had a knife in their pocket. I don't remember a time when I didn't have one.

When I put my pants on in the morning, I have a knife and house keys in my pocket. If I go outside, my NAA22LR is in the other pocket.

As the old credit card commercial used to say, "Never leave home without it."

yep - Rule #9

• I'm a multi-tool person. It has a blade, but pliers and a couple of other tools in an all in one solution always works. That is the onsite IT person in me. Especially when I was deployed, I didn't always have the tools I needed but that multi-tool always had a fix.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• I have had a knife of some kind, in my pocket, for well over 30 years.

A tool that I use daily - somewhere for something.

I have a few ;)

.::. Knowledge, like air, is vital to life. Like air, no one should be denied it .::.

• I have had a knife of some kind, in my pocket, for well over 30 years.

A tool that I use daily - somewhere for something.

I have a few ;)

do you have a favorite? or do you have different ones depending on what you expect to be doing?

• do you have a favorite? or do you have different ones depending on what you expect to be doing?

I don't have favorites of anything (drives my wife and kids nuts too)

I have been partial to my Spyderco for quite some time, because I like the thumb hole for opening.

I like my Kershaws and SOG too - but the weight is so much more.

.::. Knowledge, like air, is vital to life. Like air, no one should be denied it .::.

• I'm a big fan of Hinderer Knives (hard use knives) and Nick Swan Knives (customs). I don't have a photo of the two Swans as they are in a safe in storage. But, here are a few of my Hinderers and a SOG that is OLD!

Left to Right: SOG Kilowatt (cheap but useful), Hinderer XM-18 3.5" Spanto, Hinderer XM-18 3.5" Bowie, and a Hinderer Eklipse Tanto.

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "Is that all you've got?

Edited once, last by WraithSS ().

• These are a few that I have for use in office, basement, truck, backpack, garage.

I want another Spyderco down the road.

I am hoping to make an inexpensive press and start making kydex holsters this spring.

more to come...

• Spyderco Endura Thin Blue Line - a percentage of the $$ from every sale goes to the Tunnel to Towers Foundation to support first responders. They also offer a Thin Red Line version in honor of Fire Fighters

• The sisters, two different knives built on the same foundation - Spyderco Endura 4 & Matriarch 2

• meet my Spyderco family. Mama my Matriarch 2, Baba, my Endura 4, and in the blue we have junior my Spyderco Delica 4 with a k390 steel blade

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• Picked up a new OTF - also my 1st OTF

nice Benchmade, but in California automatics are limited to a blade length of under 2 inches - - Im sure non auto OTF's must exist, but I have yet to see one I would be interested in

• I have no use case for this - I just wanted to slide the button - Very addicting LOL

Also - this is is a knock off - as I only paid about $45 for it.

Thank you Ali Express =)

As for laws - my state is much less restricting than Cali...

https://www.akti.org/state-knife-laws/wisconsin/

yea CA has some stupid laws, my Spyderco with the Emerson wave opening hook opens as fast if not faster than any automatic pretty much comes out of the pocket like a fixed blade - yet perfectly legal and with a snap of the wrist I can open almost any knife as fast as an auto - - old laws stuck in the past that really dont make anyone any safer but make those that dont know the truth feel better about themselves

this sucker opens almost automatically when pulled from my pocket - google Emerson wave if you are not familiar

• Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL