SSITS 2023

• My first Slingshot in Smokies was 2016 with slingshot and really enjoyed it with so many slings riding past motel ...Had to be 300 slings..

And some nice rides and very nice people we had enjoyed at show..

Then wife and I drove down in car 2017 and this was my last to go to...

And then I went to slingshot show here in NJ same year and that will be my last..

The reason the sound systems are playing to loud with my tinnitus and can not be around these

machines with such loud volume...

Last week in a car 3 slings come up beside me and OMG I had to roll the window up to block

the loud pitch music..

So this will be the only way I will communicate with Slingers..LOL

• I went to ssits 2015. Had a great time, not many vendors.

In 2016 it was all about performance that year when Henry of Alpha and Jeff Welter for exhaust was there and 3 weeks later I had his exhaust..

What started all this slingshot was 2015 and being in Deadwood S.D and wife and I fell on BMW RT the day before..

And this was the first 3 wheel rally of Deadwood..And saw my first slingshot at Henry of Alpha tent and we started talking and ask him

if he could let me ride his Slingshot and so wife and I are out in canyon for our first ride and few weeks later

ordering new sling and trading BMW ...

And then 2017 was when all the sound systems were being put on Slings and to me the rally seemed to change and

turned me off ..

I was hoping for more body change designs but never developed ..

• Well. I've been trying to get back to ssits since 2015. Wife's health has prevented that. Sounds like it went from meet and greet sling riders to a Sturgis week. Not that that is a bad thing just not my thing. So I'm not so sure I will make it back. I think a Maggie valley member was going to try to create an event that more mimicked the 2015 event but I'm sure that was/is allot harder then originally imagined.

• I have a cousin that lives there in Maggiie Valley area and I will go visit from NJ next Spring before the SS Smokie Show and probably rent a

Slingshot or Vanderhall for a day or so for day rides and visit my favortie Wheels Before Time Musuem ...

I am done with Rallys and Shows for they just get to loud for my issues ..

Went on a ride with group and some ass is doing donuts and throwing stones and thinks he is cool ..My last group ride..

People just do not respect others and so guess I am a old man now...LOL

But 2016 show was special to see and be a part of..

• The majority of us 'old timers' go to ride with friends and really don't spend much time around the rally center. 5 to 8 is a nice size group for a Slingshot ride.

• The majority of us 'old timers' go to ride with friends and really don't spend much time around the rally center. 5 to 8 is a nice size group for a Slingshot ride.

I agree ...I was in a group of 14 and it was to large to handle and they were pulling in front of traffic and stopping and not a fan of that ..

I am really a single rider more than riding with others my whole life.

Most of my friends thought they were motorcyclist but none ever went long rides or cross country so I never waited.

I have always have a camera and nothing for me to turn around and go back and take a picture ..

Will see ...I think it will be hard when show is in town to rent one ..

Not going to drive my 3 wheelers those distances any more ..

• Never to old to ride the distance...Looking at the map if we both leave at the same time I'll get there 20 minutes before you do.. At this point I am planning on riding down on Monday and staying for the week.

• I am done with Rallys and Shows for they just get to loud for my issues ..

Went on a ride with group and some ass is doing donuts and throwing stones and thinks he is cool ..My last group ride..

People just do not respect others and so guess I am a old man now..

Your loss..........

Sounds like you need new friends.

I attened for the first time last year, and I can't wait to get back!

I refrained from going for years, cuz hanging around a parking lot talking Slingshots for hours is not my thing.

It wasn't like that at at all!!

I didn't make any friends there........

I made brothers and sisters I just fell in love with.

The only Donuts I saw was Uncle BillyBob fisting 2 Crispy Creams in one hand, with a smooth glass of "Shine" in the other!

Ya, your loss

Never trust a ConnMan!!
    (Man I love that line!)
    :00007555:

• You staying in the same place?

• It was a NJ Ride that the idiot did the donuts and threw stones......LOL ,,,,I am a builder and was always hoping to see more designs at the show when I attended..

Well you found a new home that you like in Maggie Valley so enjoy your Slingshot brothers / sisters...

I know Spring 2023 I will be building the new interior in my SS to match the body lines and I would have to bring the vanderhall Carmel...

So will see...

• It was a NJ Ride that the idiot did the donuts and threw stones......LOL ,,,,I am a builder and was always hoping to see more designs at the show when I attended..

Well you found a new home that you like in Maggie Valley so enjoy your Slingshot brothers / sisters...

I know Spring 2023 I will be building the new interior in my SS to match the body lines and I would have to bring the vanderhall Carmel...

So will see...

We did have a least one Vanderhall (former Slingshot owner) who came down to see friends and ride the Smokies. I do believe that he drove it up from FL.