Questions? Exhaust & Clutch

• Got 2 questions to see if anyone has ideas on:

1. Have a 2016 with old Alpha cold air intake, 1320 header, and FabFactory Trio Exhaust. Have been running exhaust with no baffle since I got in 2016. Old Harley rider and love the noise. Having issues with exhaust and can't find anything that seem close to Trio. Closest is a Demon Speed R1. Anybody used Demon Speed exhaust? Checked with Dave and they don't have a "loud" exhaust. Any recommendations?

2. Left house other day in sling. Clutch felt really weird. Catching right at bottom of pedal. Shifting felt weird too (trans). Turned around and drove home. Clutch reservoir was completely out of fluid. Last changed and filled was right before MV. Never had to fill reservoir since purchase. Not wet under reservoir or on hose below. Should have checked sooner, I guess.

Any ideas?

Thanks

• I had mine replaced once under warranty, Same issues as you mentioned. But before that "failure," I had to use a turkey baster and remove the fluid from the reservoir and replace it with fresh fluid. In less than 7,500 miles, the fluid had turned black from the cheap rubber hose deteriorating on the inside.

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• The master cylinder is relatively easy. Have a pan under it to catch any fluid or use a large syringe to suck it dry first.. It's below and to the right of the fuse box. (See pic below) You can follow the hose off the bottom of the reservoir to it. Disconnect the clutch pedal from the master cylinder rod from inside the driver side foot well. Pull off the soft hose from the master. Disconnect the hard line from the master and rotate the master cylinder clockwise to "unlock" it and remove it. Slide in the new unit, reconnect both hoses, reattach the pedal, refill the reservoir with DOT 4 fluid and leave the cap off. It is an auto bleeding system. Push the pedal down slowly and hold it down for 5-10 seconds and let it back up. Check the fluid level. If it has dropped below the max line, fill it back up. Repeat until all the air is out. Using a vacuum bleeder also helps. Once you have a decent pedal, put the cap back on and give it a few more pumps without holding the pedal down which should help it firm up a bit. Then go drive it slowly but do some shifting which will help it bleed more by shaking any air bubbles loose. When you get back check the reservoir level again and top off if needed.

If you also have to replace the slave cylinder, that is in the bell housing of the transmission and the engine needs to come out for that. Not likely that is bad. The slave itself is easy to swap out but getting the engine in and out is a bit time consuming. Hope this helps a bit. Feel free to email me with any questions at kyle@zzperformance.com

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• the only place i could get a slave unit that was in stock was from rock auto, i think the price was about $83 bucks with the shipping { this was about 4 months ago)

• [quote='Frank the Tank',' Was told this is a Ponitac Soltice part, does anyone know the number?[/quote]

You can order one for a 06-09 Solstice. The GM part number is 24249817. Looks like Amazon has it for $85. CARiD shows it for $76 but I’ve had bad luck with them in the past.

ZZPerformance, Go Fast Not Broke
    EST 2000

• Rock auto also shows it for $72 but there’s probably shipping on there which will get it close to Amazon and have a longer ship time. If you end up needing the slave in the bell housing, I have one sitting on the shelf but Amazon and Rock both have them also.

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

• I have been running the 1320 with the cat delete on the Sling II. I have never installed the duals on this Sling. But I did remove the stock muffler and did an internal bypass on the cat that is inside, Sounds good to.

• Rock auto also shows it for $72 but there’s probably shipping on there which will get it close to Amazon and have a longer ship time. If you end up needing the slave in the bell housing, I have one sitting on the shelf but Amazon and Rock both have them also.

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

......just the thought of pulling the engine has got me tired from all the work i had to go thru to get mines out BUT still loving the performance of my ride and glad i had to do it........

• Update: Clutch master cylinder, hose, and reservoir installed. Information from all made for a pretty easy replacement. Had to order master cylinder from Rock Auto, local Adv. Auto did not have and said they could not get. New hose from master cylinder to reservoir included. Ordered reservoir from PartsShark. One note, there is a metal washer on the original master cylinder that has to be put on the new one. Did not supply this with new master cylinder. Rubber washers are included. Again, thanks to all.