What do you carry

• Smith & Wesson .40 Shield with extended pinky mag is my preferred carry but man I LOVE my S&W .357! For home defense my first reach is for my Taurus Judge locked and loaded with .410 "special" shells.

Sent from my iPad using Polaris Slingshot Info

• Smith & Wesson .40 Shield with extended pinky mag is my preferred carry but man I LOVE my S&W .357! For home defense my first reach is for my Taurus Judge locked and loaded with .410 "special" shells.

Sent from my iPad using Polaris Slingshot Info

S&W Governor with critical defense shells (likely the same). I wanted a Judge, but hadn't gotten one and then the Gov came out so I went that route. .380 S&W Bodyguard with lazer is my carry, but love my Kimber laser .45 1911. The laser on either is only close, but if ever in a situation where pointed at someone, I would think be more intimidating.

• S&W Governor with critical defense shells (likely the same). I wanted a Judge, but hadn't gotten one and then the Gov came out so I went that route. .380 S&W Bodyguard with lazer is my carry, but love my Kimber laser .45 1911. The laser on either is only close, but if ever in a situation where pointed at someone, I would think be more intimidating.

The laser should be to give you confidence in your shot, particularly in the dark. I would never point a weapon at someone to intimidate. That's what the sound of a 12 gauge action racking is for. Pointing is for shooting...

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• The laser should be to give you confidence in your shot, particularly in the dark. I would never point a weapon at someone to intimidate. That's what the sound of a 12 gauge action racking is for. Pointing is for shooting...

I did not intend to confuse anyone. I would NEVER point a gun to intimidate! It would only be for stopping what was a threat to my... or someone that was near myself... life. The intimidation factor was only to the said threat. I will not present my weapon without intend to stop said threat. Please read my previous post as such, thinking in that mindset. I will never present my weapon without the intent to stop the life threatening attempt on me or my surroundings. Please @SlingLow, understand this. I have stood up for you from the beginning, I would appreciate that you do not (intentionally or not) twist this into something it is not. I was only pointing out that it would be more intimidating to the threat, nothing more.

• Not at all brother! It's just not commonly understood that a laser on the forehead or heart is not seen by the target unless he sees the source.

I will never present my weapon without the intent to stop the life threatening attempt on me or my surroundings.

You said it all right there. Commitment is required.

Sorry for the poor deliverance @Goats_Hogs, you have my utmost respect!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Not at all brother! It's just not commonly understood that a laser on the forehead or heart is not seen by the target unless he sees the source.

You said it all right there. Commitment is required.
    Sorry for the poor deliverance @Goats_Hogs, you have my utmost respect!

All good! I may have come off a tad strong after rereading my post. This is something I do not take lightly, when it comes to the need for a weapon. There are so many variables in every situation. Even thru the classes and training I've had, I honestly hope to never be in a situation where a weapon is needed. Should I even find myself in that position where I am threatened and present it, the only way I'll stop is when the threat is no longer there. Speaking for myself only, I believe that if I were on the receiving end and a .45 barrel was facing my way, I would be intimidated and a laser would only add to that.

You have my respect also. Sorry if I came off a bit strong, I didn't mean to. I am invested in my right to carry, perhaps too much at times.

• Except for size look at the M&P 9C also. With the Crimson Trace it would be kick ass. I have the laser on the full size which will probably change over to the 9C

Thanks for the info, this will be a daily cc, so size would play here, I want it to be comfortable and effective.