DDMWorks Side Hood Vents

• As I read this the number one thing that keeps going through my head is how clean the cut is. Once you start the saw or the drill game over it better be good!

Thats the plan. I am going to see if there is a way for me to clamp a straight edge to the piece for help. If not and i am doing it freehand then i plan on drinking a lot of beer ahead of time so i can cope with the outcome a little better lol.

• As I read this the number one thing that keeps going through my head is how clean the cut is. Once you start the saw or the drill game over it better be good!

And this is why I could never cut on my slingshot - - I am chicken and would be fearful that I would either F it cosmetically or structurally

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• i dont go that far lol. cosmetics sure, but that is something you can usually go back and fix somewhat easily. now structurally i wont mess with it. no playing with that. i am just doing small aesthetics

• One thing I did was cut it rough with the vibratory cutter then sanded it to get it perfect flat. Might try using a 2x4 block and some sand paper if you don't have a sander that will fit in the tight spaces.

believe it or not, a file works great, on that type of plastic, the file gets it down and all the rough off and then sanding, followed by wet sanding and very fine paper. but not too hard.

• Thats the plan. I am going to see if there is a way for me to clamp a straight edge to the piece for help. If not and i am doing it freehand then i plan on drinking a lot of beer ahead of time so i can cope with the outcome a little better lol.

Or if things go sideways you can always put some black door trim around the cut just a thought

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Peel and stick peel and stick!! I’m really good at this😎

hehehe - the only time I even tried peel n stick I managed to get it slightly crooked

I like bolt on, with pre drilled factory holes :thumbsup:

• well i will take pics and all that of the stuff and try to keep a good record of it as i go. so i can post it on here for ya. I think the look of it is awesome and even a little air flow is better than NONE that i am getting now.

• From the perspective of trying to increase the air flow that is blocked by the fenders I have seriously thought about simply removing them altogether - - I think the biggest thing stopping me is losing the hood support that is provided by the top metal brace that holds the fender where the hood pads rest.

I really like the look with the fender removed, but not at the expense of getting a flapping hood

• correct, and that is why i am doing the mesh, this will be enough to allow air to rush through, relieving pressure on both the hood and the fender itself. plus the mesh on the bottom allows the water to drain and it gives and overall aesthetic look that is pleasing. Now of course as with all mods done, this is my opinion but I will share the outcome with everyone.

• From the perspective of trying to increase the air flow that is blocked by the fenders I have seriously thought about simply removing them altogether - - I think the biggest thing stopping me is losing the hood support that is provided by the top metal brace that holds the fender where the hood pads rest.

I really like the look with the fender removed, but not at the expense of getting a flapping hood

I yanked those fenders off not long after I got mine. Lucky that one of the SOG members that I met at the Huntsville Homecoming Rally had a prototype piece that covered up the bolt holes. No noticeable difference in hood movement pre and post removal. I like the clean look and seeing the front wheel in movement is sort of cool. Only issue I've found is you can get spray on you when going through water, but I rode bikes for years before the slingshot so getting road spray on me is an expected part of driving when it is wet.

FB - North Alabama Polaris Slingshot Owners - (Huntsville)

• I yanked those fenders off not long after I got mine. Lucky that one of the SOG members that I met at the Huntsville Homecoming Rally had a prototype piece that covered up the bolt holes. No noticeable difference in hood movement pre and post removal. I like the clean look and seeing the front wheel in movement is sort of cool. Only issue I've found is you can get spray on you when going through water, but I rode bikes for years before the slingshot so getting road spray on me is an expected part of driving when it is wet.

If I ever do decide to remove them I have already bookmarked a place to get the trim piece to cover the holes - Fender delete trim kit

I also think they might still be available from three's da life, but would have to contact him on face book to be sure Threes da life

• If I ever do decide to remove them I have already bookmarked a place to get the trim piece to cover the holes - Fender delete trim kit

I remember it was pretty easy to remove them and if you don't like it you can always bolt them right back on. I think there was one or two rivets to drill out and some double sided tape where they connect up under the hood area. In your desert environment you would never really have to worry about getting wet which is the only downside that I've experienced after taking them off. I think it has a much cleaner look and shows more of the wishbone suspension along with the nice coil overs and sway bar I bought from DDM. I've also replaced the front spoiler with the madstad front bumper after a racoon committed suicide running out in front of me. Those mods combined really opens up that front wheel area and gives it a different look.

FB - North Alabama Polaris Slingshot Owners - (Huntsville)

• I remember it was pretty easy to remove them and if you don't like it you can always bolt them right back on. I think there was one or two rivets to drill out and some double sided tape where they connect up under the hood area. In your desert environment you would never really have to worry about getting wet which is the only downside that I've experienced after taking them off. I think it has a much cleaner look and shows more of the wishbone suspension along with the nice coil overs and sway bar I bought from DDM. I've also replaced the front spoiler with the madstad front bumper after a racoon committed suicide running out in front of me. Those mods combined really opens up that front wheel area and gives it a different look.

getting wet - - even with the fenders I get splashed from time to time when I go through water in the street from sprinklers or someone backwashing their pool filter - - - wasn't really worried about getting wet as much as something else like gravel getting thrown up

actually I think the biggest hurdle stopping me is that I dont want to spend 150 for the damn things to cover the holes

• LOL mesh, looks and function, i paid about 20 bucks for the mesh and use a rotary tool or dremel either works to cut it out. I'm good. water Mostly blocked, no gravel worries. and the function of some air flow.

• ok so the cutting is a whole lot easier than i thought. getting the right tool to do it is a different story. cutting the holes was actually more accurate and easier by using a reciprocal saw. the rotary is a little difficult to control straight lines. So far i have the bottom holes cut, i have not gotten to the top holes but going to do those this week. I have two types of screen and trying to decide which to use or which would look better. I think I am going to take pics and put up a poll to see what you guys think.

• ok so the cutting is a whole lot easier than i thought. getting the right tool to do it is a different story. cutting the holes was actually more accurate and easier by using a reciprocal saw. the rotary is a little difficult to control straight lines. So far i have the bottom holes cut, i have not gotten to the top holes but going to do those this week. I have two types of screen and trying to decide which to use or which would look better. I think I am going to take pics and put up a poll to see what you guys think.

Giving us 2 choices we should be able to come up with 9 or 10 BEST LOOKS.