Correct me if I'm wrong.. forged wheels and cast wheels 2016

• Am I seeing this correctly. The original forged SL wheels are now an $1800 up charge over the standard cast wheels now offered on the SL??.... now thats funny for anyone that was here in the beginning when the wheel drama was going on...
    Guess I need make sure my replacement comes with the more expensive wheels. Either that or a swap them out... just funny.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• Am I seeing this correctly. The original forged SL wheels are now an $1800 up charge over the standard cast wheels now offered on the SL??.... now thats funny for anyone that was here in the beginning when the wheel drama was going on...
    Guess I need make sure my replacement comes with the more expensive wheels. Either that or a swap the out... just funny.

No reference whatsoever to this,right?
    download.jpg

• i can hear the meeting now ...
    Boss man: Ok what do we do about this wheel issue?
    Engineering: ain't nothing wrong with them.
    Marketing: it's killing our image
    Boss man: Can we get replacements in quickly?
    Purchasing: yes but we will be stuck with thousands of wheels we have already purchased.
    Marketing: I have an idea... let this all blow over and quietly switch the wheels out.
    Boss man: We will loss so much money on those forged wheels.
    Engineering: ain't nothing wrong with the wheels.
    Sales: I think we can fix this . Let's offer the old wheels that we already purchased and offer them to new buyers as an upgrade for say $1800. Win, Win....
    Boss man: Sales that's a great plan. I like the way you think.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• in the beginning there were a couple reports of wheel issues. The SL's forged versions. One was when a guy reported that the rear broke when he made a U-turn. The other was a broken wheel that caused a guy to loose control and crash. The last one ended up being an interesting story involving drinking and leaving the accident before the police arrived... the wheel subject was very big and people even purchased aftermarket wheels based on the reports. All kind of just went away. Polaris quietly started offering an all new wheel for 2016 models. Looking at the 2016.5 offerings you can now upgrade to the very same forged wheels for $1800...

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• in the beginning there were a couple reports of wheel issues. The SL's forged versions. One was when a guy reported that the rear broke when he made a U-turn. The other was a broken wheel that caused a guy to loose control and crash. The last one ended up being an interesting story involving drinking and leaving the accident before the police arrived... the wheel subject was very big and people even purchased aftermarket wheels based on the reports. All kind of just went away. Polaris quietly started offering an all new wheel for 2016 models. Looking at the 2016.5 offerings you can now upgrade to the very same forged wheels for $1800...

Yup..... blown completely out of proportion with only one verified wheel "failure" on a low mile unit. Strange that it was also the same timeframe when Polaris did away with the looooong unloading ramps and stopped deliveries until all truck where outfitted with lifts. Remember that delay ... seems a few where damaged during unloading with the looooooong ramps from the second tier. Correlation .... ???

Not nearly the damage the drunken fire chief did when he slammed Polaris all over the net and social media ...funny when the actual police report was released and posted on the dark side then he quietly vanished on "advice from his lawyer" ....

The forged and cast wheels all have the same load rating ... the cast wheels are cheaper hence the change after the launch edition SL and first gen SE .... if you notice the European models all have the forged wheels I suspect to comply with TUV regs ..... if they pass Euro regs that is good enough for me ....

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• guess if I want to keep them I'll have to take them off my current SS. I agree about the TUV rating. Just find the up charge funny.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• nope ... would never pony up for them if they were not a standard option. My current SS came with the forged wheels. Was referring to swapping them out onto the new SS.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• I know a guy who's actually doing that. putting mud tires on one. and a Diesel.

I'm sorry but other than the "because I can" reason ...which is a perfectly reasonable reason to do it...once.... that is ....IMO.... a really stupid idea ....

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• I'm sorry but other than the "because I can" reason ...which is a perfectly reasonable reason to do it...once.... that is ....IMO.... a really stupid idea ....

It's definitely a "Because I can". That's what he does. The diesel part actually makes sense (somewhat). His company does diesel conversions. He told me that he's expecting 50-60MPG when done. He gets 40-45 in a Jeep with 40" tires. 50-60 is probably doable.
    The cool factor would be high. A Slingshot Rolling Coal. Sounds interesting.