Slingshots in the Smokies 2022

• Yeah, I know. 1st time I had to replace a battery in the SS (3 yrs old). And since I didn't have tools or a desire to do it myself in a dirty gravelly parking lot, I paid someone else a lot more than I should have to do it.

What's really funny is that I had no problem starting the SS to get it on the trailer the night before. Just got the "clicks" when I tried to start it to get it off. Even push starting didn't work (turbo). I did jump it from my truck and let it run for 30 mins, but as soon as I shut it off, it was dead again.

• Made it home Sunday before any symptoms started to appear. Monday morning I had a sore throat and a the cough that stated in MV was getting a bit more frequent. Yesterday was the worst. I didn't even feel like eating any lunch and forced down a small dinner. The coughing ended up bringing up some funky browm phelm that didn't look right. I mfelt like I was burning up and having chills at the same time. I called my doctor early this morning and told them what I had and was told "I'll tell the doctor and get back to you". Well after 4 1/2 hours and no return call, I went to the local urgent care center. They got me in within a half hour and confirmed that I had pneumonia and maybe Covid (again) even though I tested negative. They put me on steroids and two antibiotics and told me to stay away from people until Saturday. So I get to hang out in bed for the rest of the week and watch reruns of the Jerry Springer show.

So if you came in any kind of contact with me over last week in MV, be careful and if you start to have any symtoms like I had, don't tough it out and seek medical attention

Thanks Bill for getting it out to the folks who were there and I hope none of them come down with this illness

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Made it home Sunday before any symptoms started to appear. Monday morning I had a sore throat and a the cough that stated in MV was getting a bit more frequent. Yesterday was the worst. I didn't even feel like eating any lunch and forced down a small dinner. The coughing ended up bringing up some funky browm phelm that didn't look right. I mfelt like I was burning up and having chills at the same time. I called my doctor early this morning and told them what I had and was told "I'll tell the doctor and get back to you". Well after 4 1/2 hours and no return call, I went to the local urgent care center. They got me in within a half hour and confirmed that I had pneumonia and maybe Covid (again) even though I tested negative. They put me on steroids and two antibiotics and told me to stay away from people until Saturday. So I get to hang out in bed for the rest of the week and watch reruns of the Jerry Springer show.

So if you came in any kind of contact with me over last week in MV, be careful and if you start to have any symtoms like I had, don't tough it out and seek medical attention

Thanks Bill for getting it out to the folks who were there and I hope none of them come down with this illness

Phil prayers coming your way.

• Phil, glad to have met you & your wife in Maggie. Wishes for a speedy recovery!

The best part about getting old and having a short memory, is I get to meet a lot of old "new" friends again for the first time. Just ask the guy who has that flamed wrapped slingshot with the nice house by the creek. I'm looking forward to meeting him for the first time again for like the 6th year or so

It was cool meeting so many honestly new friends this year. Even that guy from Canada that says "eh" after every sentence. If he didn't go by the moniker of GOOSEMAN, I'd never remember his name was Tom (or Bill, or Jimmy or something like that) :):):)

• Doesn't everyone have the FREE covid home tests?

We do, but they said (not sure if the CDC changed their minds again) but to wait until 3 days AFTER being exposed to Covid before testing. I didn't have any symptoms until late Monday night and based on my last bout of having Covid, this didn't feel anything like that, so off to the doctor's was the wisest choice and well worth the $15 visit. They confirmed the pneumonia and wrote the steroids and 2 antibiotics. I'm starting to feel better, so there's a good chance they were correct in their evaluation.

Plus we still have 8 Covid tests kits left in case we run into that nasty crap again

• Funinthesun you have 4 months to get better. I dont want no excuses about being sick when we come south in Oct for a visit. You know if you would have come for some maple syrup for breakfast you wouldnt of got sick. Just saying 🥺 get feeling better my friend you have been thru enough already.

• FunCycle, remember this day in MV?

Yes! I was maybe 25 yards behind him when that happened. I also wondered how much hell you caught for losing the $500 helmet that day. That was one of the best weeks I have had in Maggie Valley. Four strangers meet and ride together every day all week.

Edited once, last by FunCycle: OH! The wrecked Sling was from Greenville, S.C. and I have never seen them again. ().

• My little 'os' was not that bad this year in Maggie Valley. Dan Isabelle had it put back together before to many people saw it. Scarry moment....

This one happened right outside of Highlands in 2015 on the way back to Maggie. This was wet pavement and head on into a guard rail. We had to drive around 2 miles before we could pull off of the road and stop to see how bad the damage was.

• This one happened right outside of Highlands in 2015 on the way back to Maggie. This was wet pavement and head on into a guard rail. We had to drive around 2 miles before we could pull off of the road and stop to see how bad the damage was.

I had to waite on a tow truck...he did a supper job of not tearing anything up with Dan's supervision. Drove it back to MV after we keep it from rolling down the mountian.

• I had to waite on a tow truck...he did a supper job of not tearing anything up with Dan's supervision. Drove it back to MV after we keep it from rolling down the mountian.

I do not remember you doing that EjFord. The one I was talking about was from Greenville and he drove back to Maggie and then to the dealer in Waynesville.

• I do not remember you doing that EjFord. The one I was talking about was from Greenville and he drove back to Maggie and then to the dealer in Waynesville.

My little 'os' happened Tue 31 May 2022 about 10:30 on the rattler. Worst part was brown spots of seats. Angie's friend was with me.

• Ej,

Was nice meeting you at Maggie. Thanks for the ride to check out the baker wings. I didn't pull the trigger on them this year.😉 Couldn't even tell you had a mishap by the ride.🤷🏻‍♂️

Was hoping to run into you again and do some riding but never seen you after that one night? Got some good riding in on the rattler and blue ridge parkway. We met a lot of nice folks from all over and saw a lot of nice rides. Got lots of ideas for future options/add ons.

Had a great time as did the wife. Picked up some sling bling and went through the museum. Was really interesting and met Dale's son (super nice guy). Found out his wife is from a town 15 minutes from my place here in Northern Indiana. Such a small world.😎

Only riding we did with anyone else was a couple we meet in hot springs. They had a brake issue (lost a brake pad due to a bolt coming loose) and we ran across them as they just finished getting it back together with the help of some great locals. Followed them back to Maggie to make sure they made it ok.

Pretty sure we'll be back next year.😁

Randy