Slingshots in the Smokies 2022

• Not sure if you have a room or not but there are lots of motels in Maggie Valley. We're staying at the Four Seasons an older unit but nice price clean and comfortable. I would recommend that you hook up with just a guys and head for the hills. Any more than 6 or 8 is to many for running the Smokies. I'm going to send you a pm.

Ej,

Yep got a room booked for the 3 days were going to be there and a room for a night on the way down there. Jonathan Creek inn is where we are staying. Looks nice and see most have said the same.

That's what I was thinking about the rides. Just don't want to be stuck in a large group in case of breakdowns or traffic issues.

I'll shoot you a message this afternoon. Thanks! 😎

• Johnthan Creek nice place.

• Personally I would avoid the group rides. They take too many people and it goes very slow trying to keep everyone together. You will meet a ton of new people that know the area or are at least somewhat familiar with it and would be more than happy to have you tag along and show you around. I would hop in with a small group of people like 5-7 total and go out with them. It will be a lot more fun.

There are a ton of great rides in the area. My favorite by far is the Cherohala Skyway. Tons of long swooping turns and tons of scenic overlooks. That is about 30-40min from Maggie. Another great ride is The Rattler. There are some nice long turns, a tight technical section, and a couple long straights where you can stretch your slings legs out. It winds through a cool area and there's a general store roughly in the middle if you need to stop for a snack or something to drink. It ends in a cool town (can't think of the name something springs I think) where you can grab lunch and head back later. That is also about 30min from Maggie. The Blue Ridge Parkway is maybe 10min from Maggie. That is another great ride with lots of scenic overlooks. Tail of the dragon is cool if you've never done it. I get a little bored on it because it is usually so crowded, the speed limit is 25 and its littered with police handing out tickets. BUT I would definitely do it if you've never done it. Hit it early in the week before the weekend and there is a LOT less traffic.

In Maggie there is a sports bar called Legends. They have good food and some nights have live music. There is a Mexican restaurant next to the fairgrounds where the event is at called Guyabitos (spelled horribly wrong) that is pretty solid. Cafe Italiano across from the fairgrounds is pretty solid also. Brickhouse burgers and pizza is pretty good but the service is a little slow. There's also a couple solid BBQ places East of the fairgrounds as well.

If you are in to motorcycles at all I would also make a stop in the Wheels Through Time Motorcycle Museum. There's at least 300 bikes in there with some dating back as far as the early 1900s. There's a British guy there that I believe is the GM there. If you see him wondering around or talking to others as him for the guided tour. It's worth it. I think I spent about 2hrs talking to the guy about all the bikes and the back stories behind some of them. His personal back story is also pretty interesting.

Sorry for the novel. I'll have a booth set up there. Swing by and introduce yourself and if you're still looking for a group to ride with, I can definitely get you paired up with some great folks in the Sling community that would be happy to show you around.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• Don’t forget, peeing in the creek!!!!!!!!!

I put the challenge out there last year......... First one to pee in Uncle BillyBob's creek, gets a gift from me.

So good ole' boy DER got caught on camera trying to raise the creek to flood stage!!

He wouldn't give me his address so I couldn't send him "The Gift"

Well......I'm bringing "The Gift" to Maggie.

He can't hide from me, cuz he's right next door to me for the week!!

:00000441:

:00000436:

Never trust a ConnMan!!
    (Man I love that line!)
    :00007555: