Is there anyone else watching the Rittenhouse trail

• Bill Martin is this the way every jury trail goes? This prosecution lawyer is a total dick and looks to be just trying to make a name for himself. There is no way I would convict after listening to this jackass.?(:cursing:

A prosecutor being a dick is kinda the nature of the beast. I think he has to go at Rittenhouse hard to see if he can rattle him - especially since he has a very weak case IMO !!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I have been following a bit in the news, but have not actually watched it. From what I have heard it seems pretty clear the guy was in fear for his life and had justification for shooting, but then again what I have heard has been very filtered compared to what I must assume the jury has heard

Also as a side note just because I think it was self defense that does not mean that the guy didnt commit any other offences - and deciding to grab your AR and run down to the local riot to provide protection seems a bit over the top to me as well

I will be interested to see how this case evolves, I personally think the only reason it has gotten this far is because of liberal pressure to go after any conservative with a gun and try to make and example of them

JMO

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Bits and pieces as on the news. Also not the full picture but what I did see was what I would call very damming for the prosecution. Picture tells a lot as to the admission of the witness. The crap with people taking pictures of jury members outside the courthouse and threats needs to be taken very serious! If this is the way this country is going to react every time a trial goes in a different direction then some people want. It's not good for the country.

Kyle Rittenhouse to sue Biden, campaign for libel, attorney says | Fox News

An attorney representing alleged Kenosha shooter Kyle Rittenhouse has announced plans to sue Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden and his campaign for libel on his client's behalf after Biden shared a video that appears to suggest the teenager is a White supremacist.

th?id=OIF.hxnvNKcdIXdrykpc4OXyPQ&pid=Api

• Frankly I don't like the way so many legal issues are tried in the court of public opinion long before they ever make it to a court - - I think it is especially damaging when someone is accused of a sexual crime and their name is splashed across every news source as if they are guaranteed guilty. - - this crap can permanently ruin lives and then in the end if they are found innocent or it is proven the accuser lied - - that shit ends up on the back pages

Personally I really wish the names of people accused of crimes were withheld from the public until the outcome of the trial has been determined - - I think back to the Duke Lacrosse Team whos members names were trashed in the news and later it came out the woman made it all up - - that kind of shit can stay with you forever - people who remember you were accused of something but never really heard you were totally innocent and perhaps dont even believe it today

I know we all like to read about all the crazy shit that happens and gossip and spread shit, but I just think it would be better if people really were treated as if they were innocent until it were proven otherwise - and yes even by the media

JMO

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• That does not make it right

Yes Sir - I could not agree more. When I was young -,running and gunning chasing that dollar it was how far can you bend the law to yours or the will of your client without breaking it. As I have said many times the law and morality make extremely strange bedfellows from time to time. Just because it’s legal doesn’t make it moral and vice versa. THAT is leaving politics out of it. Enter politics and you have a prosecution like this Rittenhouse case. I have been watching the trial for couple hours now and you are correct again - it’s ok for a prosecutor to be aggressive but the jury needs to like you. This prosecutor does come off as a dick and is not putting on a good cross in my opinion - could end in a mistrial!!

• Just watched for an hour or so. The kid did good. If no conviction for major crimes it will be interesting to see the reaction of the public. I want to see the reaction of the LLM and their unfounded previous statements.

• Just watched for an hour or so. The kid did good. If no conviction for major crimes it will be interesting to see the reaction of the public. I want to see the reaction of the LLM and their unfounded previous statements.

I am a former Federal Prosecutor and a defense lawyer for forty years. The kid did well testifying and clearly established a basis for self defense. The prosecutor has drawn the ire of the judge for unethical behavior which will not serve him well. The video I saw of the incident supports the defense of self defense.

• Bill, if the jury should somehow convict, what do you think the chances of the judge issuing a jnov?

I think it is a toss up - this Judge is definitely not impressed by the DA’s case presentation so it is possible - IMO the more likely outcome is a hung jury. With all the media bias against Rittenhouse and the defense putting on a much better case than the prosecution - I don’t think you will get 12 people to agree on a verdict either way. What you think??

• I think it is a toss up - this Judge is definitely not impressed by the DA’s case presentation so it is possible - IMO the more likely outcome is a hung jury. With all the media bias against Rittenhouse and the defense putting on a much better case than the prosecution - I don’t think you will get 12 people to agree on a verdict either way. What you think??

I agree with your assessment but in my heart would love to see a not guilty verdict or the Judge declare a mistrial with prejudice for the prosecutorial misconduct